What blade did you EDC today?

Have you had it for a while or is it a new addition? What are your thoughts on the Auto LAWKS?

I like the auto LAWKS this much: :wink:

It was a PITA so I removed the auto LAWKS the following day I received them. :slight_smile:
Otherwise they are excellent folders for the money and I think this is the most practical blade shape in the whole M16-21 line.
I bought them ~2 years ago.

The Sanrenmu T01 has this same ā€œsafety featureā€.
It was one of my forst edc knives but I always hated that thingy.

Even though the torx heads were rounded from using cheap tools I managed to disassemble it and removed that lever and the spring.
Now I wish I could change the clip to tip-up position, the deep carry clip bites into my index finger when I use the knife for a minuteā€¦

isti242

I am not a big fan of the auto LAWKS, removed the spring on the LAWKS for my limited edition M-16-00 F carbon fiber.

Same here, I couldnā€™t get used to it if my life depended on it! But otherwise a great knife!

I prefer regular LAWKS but Auto LAWKS is also good for me.

Excellent collection! :+1: Are those titanium versions?

Spyderco inspired Chinese Battlestation with flipper, liner lock and ball bearings:

@Isti When I see that blade grind then I regret how much I played with my S35VN Vespa Neon
The blade grind was too rough, just like a nailfile, but those edges in many different angles looked awesome.

Now the blade is as ā€œboringā€ as the new Neon UltraLitesā€¦

Itā€™s a smooth finish but it still shows the grind lines in certain angles. I guess they polished the flats of the blade as the final step.
Itā€™s quite tricky to catch the look in a photo like the many different angles on this Chinese Double Bevel which also received an upgrade (bigger size, flipper and ball bearings):

Only one - the second from the below on the photo of the back side .

A pleasent surprise today: Spyderco PITS copy.

So what do you think about the PITS except of the useless print and logos?

Iā€™d like a blue version, my blue Zieba folder is really nice in this color :slight_smile:

Iā€™m not a big fan of non-locking / slip joint folders but this PITS is an exception. Itā€™s a clever design and it canā€™t leave my pocket since it arrived. It feels very comfortable holding it in the hand. The weight of the steel handle plus the excellent fit & finish give it a premium feel. The blade is shaving sharp and it slices like thereā€™s no tomorrow. :slight_smile:
Itā€™s not a flipper but the ā€œflipper tabā€ serves as a finger guard. Itā€™s a clever feature because I canā€™t imagine closing the blade on my fingers. Another nice feature is the placement of the spring bar. When you hold the knife in a normal grip your thumb pushes it down reinforcing the lock-up.

Today and most of last week, aside from the Y-Start and the Southern Grind below.

Carried this a couple days before the Y-Start.

BLF A6 (3D) // Endura ZDP189

Iā€™m using this endura about daily at work since 5 weeks, scraping paint on metal, enlarging holes in plaster (abrasive that ruins cutting edge of soft steel blade very quickly) but it still cuts hard material like butter despite several dents along the edge.

They are not dents, they are custom serrations.

CH Knife CH3504 ā€œGreen Skullā€:

I am looking for but cant find a larger cheap foldable knife, something like 5ā€ blade.
Most seem to be the 80 - 90 mm more pocket friendly size, but i am as always looking for a bit more.