What blade did you EDC today?

Opinel no. 13. :sunglasses:

Nice, but he wants a folding knife.

I wouldā€™ve recommended a Fairbairn-Sykes, otherwise. Thatā€™s one of my favorite playthings. :smiley:

A couple of my XL folders : Voyager XLs (copy), Opinel No.12, Spyderco Farid K2 (copy).
The Enlan EL01 is only there for size reference! :slight_smile:

Those cold steels are huge, all are copies?.
The enlan el01 is a big folder, bigger than a lot of chinese knives, people can imagine que the size of the othersā€¦

Yes, all of the Voyager XLs are copies.
Size is relative. After using these beasts for a couple of days every normal folder feels so tiny! :slight_smile:
The Opinel is the cheapest but thatā€™s the one I use the most in the kitchen.

Thank you :slight_smile:

OKAY ! better go have a look then :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve been carrying the basic Spyderco serrated blade Delica for a year or so now and havenā€™t regretted it.
It canā€™t even cut butter without making a serrated mess of it, but the blade cuts extremely well and holds an edge much better than the steel seems like it should.
The 3/8ā€ or so of plain edge tip is sufficient for many tasks that are better suited for a plain edge, and that part is very easily sharpened,
more often than not on the unglazed base of a coffee cup.
This light and reasonably small knife spends every day clipped in my pocket and requires very little care, while being very useful.

I never really cared for the Spyderco blade aesthetic, but once I finally gave it a try and began to appreciate its utility my perception changed; beauty is in large part form following function.

If this is an attempt at very dry humor, I missed that. What else is an Opinel 13 than a folding knife? Itā€™s not fixed blade and itā€™s a knife. On top of that, it folds. :wink: That should be more than enough to qualify.

Yeah, the size of that critter makes it like a folding meat-cleaver. :smiley:

It folds, but probably isnā€™t very pockettable, except maybe in Hammer pants.

Piston D2, I really like its unique separate flipper tab design.

i prefer classic designs. i carry an oak/stainless opinel 8 at work, olive wood/stainless opinel 6 in my hiking backpack and a buck 110 camping.

Perfect for peeling apples!.

Well, not with that attitude.

My EDC is an olive wood Opinel Inox #8 (it even still smells like olives a little bit!) and I keep a Carbone #10 at my desk for miscellaneous cutting duties and an Inox #6 in my tacklebox.

I like Opinels, is what Iā€™m trying to say.

Still the awesome SRM LAND 910+, at 96g itā€™s even better.

Gotta take some pics of my modded SRM 9055 since I realised that Photobucket is not totally useless after all if just everyone installs the
Photobucket Hotlink Fix https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-fix/

Quartermaster style Qwaiken with steel handle:

I like the kwaiken style. I am happy with my y-start k5011 and lk5010.

The LK5010 is an excellent folder. I like mine too.

photobucket :weary: