What color to Cerakote flashlights *UPDATE: flashlights now cerakoted*

Maybe try alternating colours more e.g. black tail, orange tube, black head, orange bezel

Dang. They look good to me! :heart_eyes: The colors on the UF1504 and the 1503 are gorgeous.

+1

Will the coating be intact after zooming in and out?

Yea

I will. I was just kinda playing around to see how they would turn out

Dibs on the stainless 1503.

mAn..they look fantasTic from here !

Thanks

Ditto! Awesome job, they look spectacular!

I have a new color coming in next week. I also have a glossy clear. I’ll do a light in the titanium blue color and I’ll spray a couple with the gloss and post up pics. I’d like to take a light, remove the anodizing, polish it and spray it with clear but that will be A LOT of work to polish a large light.

I’m getting to the point I may start accepting orders to have lights coated if anybody is interested. I’m thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of $20 for a small light C8 and smaller, $25 for a medium size light, and $30 for a large light. $5 extra for two tone and aspheric lights (unless all black) because the inside of the head is painted black. Plus return shipping.

The line starts here… :bigsmile:

those prices seem reasonable?

Count me in, I guess I’m second in line. The prices seem reasonable to me, any discounts for multiple lights in the same color?

Yeah. It’d just be on a case by case basis. I’ll post an official thread up next week

I’d like to see the Titanium blue and the clear. Not on the same light, probably. Maybe a two-tone blue with either the stainless or black. And, for the clear, a light with lots of strong lines, like the 1503 or 1504, or a C8. I think around here, a mini C8 with Titanium Blue and Stainless Cerakote and a hot battery would sell for over $50 in a sporting goods store, easy.

What equipment is needed to do that? It looks FABULOUS!!! Can white be done too? That would look sci-fi on flashlights!

A blasting cabinet with an air compressor big enough to support it, 120 grit aluminum oxide, spray gun, airbrush optional, a dipping tank with acetone in it, and an oven.

Yes, you can get white and I may have some in the future and I’m spraying an AR15 pistol white and black (kinda Star Wars storm trooper theme). I have yet to use white as it just gets dirty easy.

You’re giving my wallet bad vibes.

I couldn’t sleep last night hence all these pics

Just discovered this thread. WOW…amazing work, and I think your pricing is very fair! I look forward to seeing other colors.

Edit: Is this a form of powdercoating? I have a bicycle that was powdercoated in an electric blue, and absolutely love the color.