What did you mod today?

Being as how contactcr and I know each other it was not at all inappropriate and I appreciate his sentiment. They can be lethal, as my cop neighbor was sure to inform me.

Odd sense of humor… you Brits

Go-on givus a lol. :laughing:

Edit,
I’m very sorry that I’ve been blessed with a sense of humour, just ignore me.

Glad you explained that because I Couldn’t tell

I was actual referring to the post , not him on his bike ,
he should know better at his age :smiley:
I forgive you for not understanding , because you’re merican & you don’t have that odd sense of humour like us brits.

Please tell us you are not going through a male flashapauze.

But if you do, don’t forget to wear a helmet. Though a bandana can come in handy,
to keep the bits an pieces together for the people who might be capable to stitch you up again.

Please be carefull,these quads can be very dangerous, we’d hate to lose you , you’re an asset to this forum.

My brother had this quad sitting in his garage for 5 years. He has a pretty nice new pick-up that he was parking outside under the trees to keep it out of the sun. Hail storms, well, he scrambled. So I was asking him if he had thought of selling it to get the garage cleared for his truck. He smarted off and said give me a hundred dollars and it’s yours. So I now have a big ol beastly Arctic Cat. :smiley:

Gas was 5 years old and nasty, carburetor was horrid, but that’s been dealt with and it’s running pretty dang good. Three neighbors have already offered to at least double my money, which I may do at some point. I have too many aches and pains already, sure don’t need to complicate that with a wreck on a 650 pound 4 wheeler! So it’s a mail go-getter (our drive is 300 yds down to the mail box)

My almost 12 yr old son isn’t even interested in riding it, so far, but we’ll see. I don’t know if the headlights work, the lenses are hazed and it takes car bulbs but I may rebuild them for XHP-70’2’s or something. :smiley: I also have some Cree Cob’s sitting here doing nothing, but they’re 21V, reckon I’ll figure it out when I get there. Have to get the brakes reliable then I’ll look at the winch and other extraneous details. lol Now that it’s actually running I need to clean it up, it got put away dirty and is not so much to look at but everything is intact and I’m thinking it’ll clean up pretty good, at which point my germophobe son will probably start taking an interest. (he absolutely abhors rust, of which there is a little on the racks)

Got a little Thrunite T1 that a friend want’s modded, may do that today as it’s too blamed hot to stay out there multiple consecutive days…. air temps of 101-102F with heat index’s up around 108F. Get’s taxing, not to mention all the up and down ground work that my aging self isn’t used to. (57 tomorrow with a few million miles behind me) And if I time it right, I’ll hit 20,000 posts on my birthday. :stuck_out_tongue:

I did not do the shave, the led came to me that way. But, that aside the tint is really good. I am still looking for something high output with the 219B SW35 or SW40 rosey output, this is not it but it is not green or ugly by any stretch of the imagination.

matt, using a guide helps a lot, makes it tough to actually mess up. Some people use a washer that they’ve sanded down to a height they find acceptable, I use a sheet of thick copper plate that I’ve cut a square into for the die to sit in. Either way, slicing across this guide prevents the blade from hitting the bond wires and gives a consistent result between your emitters. I find a little bit of silicone grease on the blade helps it slide through, and a slicing action, one shot, gives a good smooth result. YMMV :wink:

I doubted TK on this in the past but I guess i’ll eat my words after doing enough testing. If you are determined to get every last bit of green from a beam and reduce Duv you need to look into plain glass or UCL lenses for your lights.

The Emisar lenses are not so bad, the FW3A lenses are pretty bad for shift, at least one C8 AR lens I tried was not too bad. Some of the S2+ size lenses are hit or miss too. However, in all cases switching to plain glass or specifically these UCL lenses improved that.

One source I found for weird size plain lenses is a site that specializes in watch repair/tools/etc: https://www.esslinger.com/

Were you happy with their quality?

They ship cheap and fast. The lenses came with slightly chamfered edges which I dont usually see in flashlight lenses but it doesnt appear to change anything. As far as clarity it just looks like cheap plain glass but that’s what it’s supposed to be right?

edit; since they have so many sizes you can do a few cool things like I had to on one build. I ordered a 2.5mm lens to replace a 1.5-2.0mm lens that left a gap due to a mod. Instead of trying to source fatter O rings or make spacers you could potentially use a thicker/thinner lens to solve some problems.

Thanks! :+1:

Modified old Arctic Cat, 2004 with 1998.6 miles on the clock.

I just know there’s a joke about a quad here somewhere.

I ain’t telling it . :smiley:
Stop baiting me up :stuck_out_tongue:

If you flip it, it’ll be a 4-up with a defective driver.

Lol

Something something make sure you lock out the fuel line so it doesn’t turn itself on in your garage

HEY! That does NOT fall under manufacturer warranty! :expressionless: