What did you mod today?

Beamshots?

You should use some of your more powerful lights to replace the stock engine with photone propulsion …

Some? I think the Ham’r alone will do it.

Got a Nightwatch Stalker NI40 from Neal with the de-domed SST-40. In the process of getting more out of it, I got less… fried the emitter.

I had built a 22mm driver with A6 firmware, 18ga Teflon leads, 20ga bypassed Blue springs… and it worked at about 1900 lumens with a decent 18650. Tried an LG HG6 20650 and blew a bond wire. So naturally I sliced and diced a 3V XHP-50.2 for it!

Now she pulls 18.26A for 3970 lumens and 160.25Kcd throw. Guess that’ll have to do…

Pulled the driver from my Brass Pineapple. Installed a 15mm Lexel FET+4+1.
The original is 14,5mm, so the pill has had a little dremel surgery.
So now it has way more features and power.
I lost the AA-ability, and the ultra low moonlight level. But gained so much more. Huzzah

Imgur link to it blinking out voltage

Cool mod I have been wanting to mod a 10440 or 14500 recently but not sure what to pick

So, had an FW3A with the 3d XP-L HI and hated it, got one with the SST-20 4000k led… it is ok, not great. The XP-L light was a first run light, old firmware and that MCPCB should never have been made with the tiny solder pads. But, I did not want to drop in a red Noctigon as they do affect tint. So, stuck with stock, removed XP-L’s and installed the best emitter ever, the 219b sw40 R9080! :slight_smile: Flashed the latest firmware in the 219 flavor.

Whole new light now!

Need a gen 2 MCPCB, the one with FW3A silkscreened on it. They are a much better layout, could attach real wires to it.

How is Noctigon affect tint?

Because it is:

*R*etired
*E*xtremely
*D*angerous.

Does that mean all these Glow devices affect the tint also

The glow inserts tend to burn and fry emitters. I’ve had to repair quite a few for a friend of mine.

Not that I can tell, but I use blue rings and tack glue them up into the optic, I do not let them sit low in the chamber.

Btw, my gen 1 FW3A had a fully machined and polished led shelf, was a thing of beauty.

Honey… I shrunk my FW3A…… :person_facepalming:

and I need to shrink it 1/4” more… :open_mouth:

Wow, very nice KB !
Some lathe work i guess?

Cool Kawi! Looks sharp, send it to me and I’ll test it for ya! :smiley:

Yep a little bit… .003” interference shrink fit, the contact surfaces have to be perfectly round, so once the collar is heated up, it shrinks tight and leak free to the body diameter… no sleeve… no glue…

. I ordered (2) Ti/FW3’s so this is the proto-type…if Lumintop won’t make it… I will… :wink:

I thought the 18350 D4 looked odd, but the FW3A version looks much better!

Will you sell them? :innocent:
(the shorty tubes!)

Thanks guy’s! :beer:

. It is actually shorter than the wife’s Sinner Ti now… it will be shorter yet…

. Here is a better shot of battery tube going into the tail cap collar…

. Looks Factory stock…hopefully the same way tomorrow? :smiley:

Did these Surefire mods a while back and thought I would share. First is and L5 that is a reversible mod as well as the M1 mod.

Stock vs Modded
+*

And now the Surefire M1 Illuminator