What did you mod today?

Noā€¦sorry, the set-up time on the old worn out WWII vintage Lathe at work is nerve racking, it really needs to be gone thru and I do it on my breaks, go in early or stay over, not one of my most favorite things to do. :smiley:

I going to send pics to Neal to send to Lumintopā€¦. maybe it will get some attention, plus it has to be cheaperā€¦they can crank them outā€¦

I had to ask :innocent:
Thanks for your honest reply and I guess me and all of those that have the FW3A and want a ā€œshortyā€ version will appreciate your efforts on this!
This light is surely great and the smaller it is, the better (at least for me) !Some time ago I tried and Convoy S2+ tube just to demonstrate how small it would be (the 18350 battery was inside and fit well, it just didnā€™t work, of course)
I hope your works and words get to them to make this a reality!!!

See how lovely it would be :heart_eyes:

Nice work there Nitroz !

KB whatā€™s the process? Same as OL cut down mags? Cut a section of the center out and then rejoin the two ends?

For the signal carrier tube I assume you just chop the end off it?

The stock O.D. of the tube measured .847ā€ so I turned the O.D. of the main tube to .827ā€x.250ā€ (dia. and depth of step) and bored the tail cap collar I.D. to a diameter of .824ā€x.250ā€ deep.

. For a .003ā€ shrink fit. Heated the collar with a heat gun and pressed it on.

. Oh it worksā€¦ just like it is, I have longer (BlueSword) springs on the driver and tail cap on my 2 FW4A quads and made a copper signal tube I used originally on my FW3/NovaTac. I want it shorter, then I will hand fit the original FW3A signal tube.

. I also sent Neal a PM with picsā€¦.time to start hammering Lumintop and Nealā€¦ :smiley: :+1:

My first reflow:

was
Thorfire TK05 w XP-G3 6000k
stock:
5-70-240 lumens

modded to
319b 3000k 9050

new output
Eneloop 3.6-41.5-160
AA 3.5-40-110

colors
disclaimer, not all the lumen levels are identical

Congratulations, you seem to be the first to fry the new SST-40 with copper bond wires!

It would have to be meā€¦ :person_facepalming:

If anyone was gonna put enough amps through it, who else?

my second reflow, ever, on the right, using a 12mm copper star from Ogazent

major thanks to my coaches moderator007, pol77, Clemence, and videos by Lexel

Before heat and pressā€¦ā€¦.gives ya and idea how it worksā€¦ went with a .0045ā€ interference press finally! :smiley:

Short as I can go with out getting into the head taperā€¦.

annnnnd DONE!

Itā€™s kind of cute with out the clip, looks like a little bomb :open_mouth:

That IS cute, KawiBoy! Great work!

Wow, wish the FW3X was available in that sizeā€¦ :heart_eyes:

Thanks!

Thankfully an 18350 FW3C doesnā€™t require precision tools like Kawi used. Just a hack saw and some solder, you down to try?

Kawi, I donā€™t believe thatā€™s real, looks like Photoshop to meā€¦ cut your copper one down like that and send it to me for inspection and Iā€™ll report on it hereā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

Daleā€™s a professional photographer. So, if he says itā€™s Photoshop, it must be true! :stuck_out_tongue:

Congrats on the successful emitter swaps jon-slider :+1:

Very niice work Kawiboy :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Thanks for the comments my fellow BLF mod-broā€™s and those who are about to mod broā€™s ā€¦! :beer:

Didnā€™t have the heart to cut down the stock signal tube, saving it for the other Bigger FW3ā€™s just in case, so I rolled my own out of Brass and insulated it with Kapton tapeā€¦

Iā€™ll cut the signal tube down to lessen the gap between the head and battery tube. It operates/functions Rock solidā€¦. again thanks everybody!

ā€¦ā€¦ and Daleā€¦ ā€œNOā€ā€¦ā€œNot Going to Do Itā€ ā€¦ā€¦ not cutting the FW3Cā€¦ā€¦but I did think about it for about a secondā€¦ :smiling_imp: