What did you use your flashlight for today?

used a hc33 to cut my dogs nails

Weekly ritual - about a 400-foot journey to take the garbage down to the street for pickup. SP40 headlight and drag the can with one hand to free up the other for my FT03. Shoot it around a bit up and down the street before heading back up looking for deer, owls, startled humans, whatever.

Wife and daughter just shake their heads when I walk back in.

Modified Boruit D10 to check under the couch to make sure nothing is there to get chewed up by my robot vacuum. (To clarify: a robot that is a vacuum, rather than a vacuum that sucks up robots - though I suppose it could suck up a small robot…)
Last night, the same D10 to take the trash out after I finished modding it - although currently it’s not required, as the neighbor’s holiday lighting is quite sufficient to see by on the side of my house. Normally, there is nearly no ambient lighting on the side of my house.

Used my FT03 and binoculars to see where a shingle blew off from todays high winds. Flooder didn’t work as well as a thrower for this. Too high up for me to reach. Gonna have to get someone up there. 31 year old roof. They were looking good for 25 year shingles but this is the start.

Used my Lumintop FW3A as a headlight for the golf cart we’re using at the place we are staying at on vacation in Key Largo, Florida.

The battery seemed to be going bad with the cart since it only lasted about 30 minutes with the last charge.

The brightness of the FW3A has been much brighter than any of the other carts that we’ve run across so far.

Went outside with my kid to do a night time walk.

Used a Skillhunt H03 headlamp while cutting sheets of Zircon minus green filters .

reading at night with a BLF Q8 as my booklight

I somehow read that as you were hunting sheets of Zircon with your flashlight :smiley:

as always…while walking our dog.

Trying to locate the wall outlet

looking under kid bed and finding #$#$ing hidden underwear

AAA copper lumintop tool? wish.com? forget where i got it but was $10

FW3A is on a break this week, wle on vacay

wle

just like the cartoon Pinky and The Brain:
“the same thing we do every night.”
walk the dog.

Funny, since the FW3A is my go to vacation flashlight. Enjoy your vacation wle!

I used my Noctigon M43 tonight while riding my bike looking for my son’s lost AirPods case. He lost them at some point when he went to the grocery store today. He didn’t realize they were lost until about an hour ago. He was very upset, so I told him I would retrace his route hoping to find them.

For me it was a good excuse to use my M43 again and get a little exercise. I didn’t find them on the way to the store, but once there I asked if they had a lost and found and sure enough they had it. Yay!

1 Thank

Broke out my DBC04 Ti/Cu Quad to eyeball the 7/16” 5 flute end mill, ensuring it was meeting my Praetorian Genesis Titanium scale true so the Skiff bearing would ride correctly. The 0.0245” counterbore required exacting placement.

EDC to the rescue!

Looks like a beautiful flashlight DB! Do you have more info on it?

It’s a quad LH351D, 5000K 90 CRI, running on a 18500 cell through a Texas Ace driver with his revised Bistro. Makes around 3000 lumens. Been wearing it on my belt now for some 7 years.

1 Thank

I anodized the color spread primarily as an indicator of what Colors Ti takes.

It’s actually kinda funny. Neal wanted a sample of the quad X5 I was building and Manker (Mateminco?) ran with that and made a small quad. Some folks thought it strange they had me ship them a custom then didn’t even have me review the light they made from it. No biggie, I just went to the lathe and made my own.

Actually the first quad X5 got lost in China post, so I made another and shipped it DHL.

1 Thank