What did you use your flashlight for today?

(Back to Postimage. Apparently BrightLightsModules BLF hosting site has gone. :^( Sadness.)

Anyway, yesterday, helping a friend clear some land, the hydraulic reservoir failed. Troubleshooting revealed we had almost enough oil to get the machine back to the road for pickup. “Almost”…

My new EDC helped my friend and the rental shop’s mechanic:

I cannot thank you all enough for helping me develop the skills to make such useful tools!

Dimbo

Used my Rofis to clean A/C coils.

i use mine everyday for pointing into a mirror to look up chimneys so i need a beam which the hotspot flows into the spill, tk35 is the perfect tool,

that fits your username

i used my olight s10 to find my wifes safety pin that fell on the floor :slight_smile:

Quark Tactical on high (on broad daylight) to look into bike pump tube which my son broke. After messing a bit around, I see I cannot repair it and will have to order a new one :frowning:

Did some night grilling out on the deck. Used a new eswitch in handle 4x xml2, 4x 18650 budget flashlight (similar to a UF-T90) to cook the shrimp and steak to perfection. :heart_eyes: food was great as is the flashlight.

Had a “fun” one today.

I live in a flat on the second floor of a five story house. I was watching YouTube when I heard a sound like it’s raining. But I knew all the windows are closed (the weather is kinda cool right now) and the sound was loud. Something’s not right. As soon as I got up to investigate the door bell rang. As I entered the hall I saw a “waterfall” - water was pouring through the hole in the ceiling where the wiring for a lamp is. Great. At the door was my first floor neighbor.
The water was pouring in the hall, bathroom, kitchen. And some of it went through the (again) wiring holes. I heard a strange sound near one of the light switches, at first I figured it’s the sound of a pipe being welded or something, but while wiping water off the floors it hit me - water+electricity=I better get my flashlight :smiley:
Funny thing is, I remember stopping for a second to think if I should grab the E11 readily available on the desk or go to the drawer. I chose the latter. Thank God I don’t have too many flashlights yet so the choice didn’t take much time, with Jetbeam BA10 in hand I hit the circuit breaker and opened up the light switch. Sure enough, without power the sound was gone. One of the wire’s insulation was black at the end… I disconnected and insulated it. A while later did similar thing to another switch of same kind also flooded by water. After everything dried out (not without help of a hair dryer, to be sure) I put everything together, this time using Fenix LD22 and a white traffic cone clipped to my shirt for a hands-free operation.

So I used my BTU Shocker as a door stopper.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I’ve used my Zebralight headlamp every time I’ve had to do any electrical changes, swapping out switches and whatnot. Very handy. I also recently added soldering to the things I do with it.

Really, I use torches at least a few times per day for all sorts of things, but I don’t normally bother mentioning it. On an average day I probably use at least four different lights for at least ten different things.

You live downstairs from THIS guy:

Sorry, NOT shilling, just SWMBO & I can’t stop ROTFLOL at all these “Mayhem” commercials!

edit: Not really crapped out. Voltage at 1.13 :wink: but no enough to sustain turbo mode!

The power went out last night for unknown reasons. The wife actually said she was glad I have flashlights laying around everywhere. She picked up a cheapo incan by the bed and headed straight to the cabinet downstairs to get a "bright" light that " I can see with". She later asked what light should she take along for the ride on a weekend trip to some friends of ours house "just in case".

Made my day.

Nice work with the breaker box. :beer:

Don't tell. She might read this. Oh, that's right she left for the weekend. Guess my little scheme was too obvious.

The kids we were baby sitting wanted to play with my flashlights, as usual.

I put a Convoy M1 on my air gun and its helping a lot

I’m in the market for an air gun. I like the stock on yours. What model is your gun?

Just now. At night, quark X on turbo mounted on bike from my in laws back home. A 10 mins ride. The spill is just awesome on the Quark X and the XML led. Makes riding so fun at night!

It is a Evanix Blizzard s10 .22 side Bolt 10 shot 345 m/s 60 joule