What did you use your flashlight for today?

I can navigate around the house as there always is some kind of lights on inside! Even with no lights, it would not be so hard for me to nagivate around.

Just used my UF-X6S to scratch my back.

used one of my SRK with the kids and went looking for bats last night.

Bats?!

We can’t stop here, this is bat country!

WOW, that is awesome.

I am usually a very practical person. I really like having flashlights around but I use them as a tool. I don’t play with them.

Not today.!!

Right after work, I just sat around and stared at the wall thinking about all the people I’ve lost in my life and how much I miss them. :frowning: I must have clicked that light on and off a hundred times.

Great idea. I read your post and have the light on the deck now. Waiting on the bats to come find me.

Aww, you’re missing out. They’re great toys.

I love to just sit in the dark and think while I watch the beam float around.

Just to clarify, you extinguished the light over and over while reflecting back on the people who brightened your life, collimating your thoughts about the dark void left behind now that their light is no longer shining on you?

That’s so meta it hurts.

Alice… oh, Alice… *click*, off. Bob, what a great guy… *click*, off. I miss Carol so much… her smile lit up the room just like thi— *click*, off

It sounds like they left a bit of a donut hole in the beam pattern of your cognitive reflector. But only large reflectors make a donut pattern like that. It takes someone really special to widen the scope of your life enough to leave a hole in the center of the beam.

Toilet light blew. Took my trusty SRK and stuck it in the bathroom. It’s such a great replacement that I haven’t bothered to change the bulb yet…

Used my Nichia NVSL219BT SK-58 to check on dinner in the oven. Neutral white with high CRI.

Also great for checking if the toast is done! It’s hard to see colors properly when the only light is coming from red-hot heating elements.

The Prophet said, “Curse not the one who stumbles. Curse instead the ones who went down the path before and removed not the stumbling stone.”

Just sayin…

Man either lucky or unlucky. Your call!
A non return valvue got damaged and I had to use ZL H52 on H2 for 45 mins to change it just now (night). Im no plumber so it takes a while :wink:

I used my Maglite Solitaire incandescent last night to answer a nocturnal call of nature. The Maglites’s dim yellow beam is ideal for finding the bathroom without waking the missus and its single low mode means not having to think. It switches on and off silently and you can stand it on its tail while concentrating on the business in (ahem), hand. Battery life isn’t an issue using rechargeables.
I really can’t think of a better torch for the purpose. I must have had it for twenty years, so it certainly belongs in the Budget Light Forum.

Cheers!

Paul

Had some electricians at work today replacing some light switches, used my DQG 26650 to tailstand on my desk and light up the office!

I never post in this thread cause I use my flashlight daily for what else- shining light at things. Well today I actually have a pretty cool story I felt it post worthy…

Tonight about 10:45 my little sister called me, her new car was dead on the side of the road just outside the fair grounds, she is a horse riding instructor and owns several lesson horses and most of her lesson kids are in the fair so she’s there from early till late all week. She just got the car about 3 weeks ago and it’d been giving her electrical fits since she had it however I drive it atlease every few days (my little sis lives with us and I drive a huge truck so I often use her car for errands and stuff) yet it had never once gave me the slightest issue so there wasnt anything for me to diagnose. (I am an ASE master tech)

Well it turns out her alternator is dead and AAA said since she was in a safe location and it wasnt any sort of emergency the wait at 11pm on a saturday for a low priority call was gonna be around 3 hours, well the fair grounds are only about 6 miles from the house so I went to tow her with a strap. Now to the point- the car had absolutely zero power, couldnt even turn on its flashers anymore (cause she cranked and cranked it after it died then had some guys there at the fair try to bump start it 3 times I guess (stupid country boys trying to help a pretty girl actually made things worse). So here we are, I’m in the towed vehicle with her driving my truck (didnt think she could handle being towed and keeping the strap taught with no light) well I needed something for safety on the back of the car so I attached my zebralight H52w to the back windshield wiper set to slow strobe as a warning light.

It seemed to work well enough to not get us pulled over, we had a cop behind us about a mile and he didnt seem to mind so hey, everything worked out fine.

once we got home I instructed her next time she breaks down while the car still has some power to put all the windows down and the seat all the way back lol.

I’m fixing up a house to get it on the market. Today I used my UV light to locate the places on the wall where my roommates spilled things over the years, and cleaned it all off. I did the same to locate and kill mold in the bathroom last week; it glows pretty bright under UV. Then I used my HD2011-219B in a room with no light fixtures to let me see the floor while scraping off gunk left by the old carpet pad. I also ended up using my wide-spectrum SRK to figure out which shade of white paint was which, to match colors in rooms which need touch-ups. And I’ve used the modded SRK and modded BST also to provide diffuse lighting for photos when I needed to get rid of furniture on Craigslist and don’t want to wait until daytime to take the pictures.

During the whole project, I’ve usually been wearing my ZL H52Fw as a necklace and it comes in really handy at least a dozen times per day… like when I needed to move the hinge attachment points on a new door and then hang it. I haven’t even needed to change the battery yet, after working with it for a few weeks.

If you don’t mind me asking, what UV light do use to find stains? I’ve been thinking of getting a portable UV light to find dubious animal fluids, but I’m not sure what would be best for that kind of application.

i was about to ask what emitter is the UV as i am interested in trying one out

I’m using a 365nm UV drop-in from KaiDomain, in a SolarForce L2m host. I have two 18350 batteries in it for power. It works a lot better than any other UV light I’ve ever tried.

This is the drop-in: http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S022214

Almost any P60 host should work, as long as it doesn’t have an AR-coated lens. Lens coatings can block the UV.