What knife did you get today?

I love Spyderco knives, the only knife I collect anymore. Unfortunately, what they sold you is not a real Spyderco, it is a counterfeit right down to the box. It looks a little like a Spyderco Native but it’s not a knife that Spyderco ever made. Learn more at Spyderco.com, they make really good useful knives and they are run by a really nice family.

You can find many different Spyderco knives from many online retailers or on eBay. Byrd knives are their less expensive knife line, very good blades for very little cash.

Spyderco Jester sprint run.
It’s my first Spyderco knife, and i’m really impressed with it.

Cold steel Micro recon 1 tanto.
This is my first Cold Steel knife also. Nice thick, solid blade for such a small knife, and really nice locking mechanism.

I received a Ganzo G707 and a Ganzo G704.

Is the G707 legal in the USA? To own? To carry?

They both seem like nice quality knives.

EDIT I think I figured it out. Switchblade legality changes from state to state. State by State Switchblade laws In Oklahoma it is ok to possess but not carry. I am assuming the G707 is classified as a “switch blade”. I am ignorant to a lot of this knife jargon.

I hope this isn’t too touchy of a subject.

It is my understanding that it is illegal to import automatics into the US unless they are for military or police use. Within individual states the state laws apply.

The Switchblade Knife Act, (Pub.L. 85-623, 72 Stat. 562, enacted on August 12, 1958, and codified in 15 U.S.C. §§ 1241–1245), prohibits the manufacture, importation, distribution, transportation, and sale of switchblade knives in commercial transactions substantially affecting interstate commerce[55] between any state, territory, possession of the United States, or the District of Columbia, and any place outside that state, territory, U.S. possession, or the District of Columbia. The Act also prohibits possession of such knives on federal or Indian lands or on lands subject to federal jurisdiction. It does not prohibit the ownership or carrying of automatic knives or switchblades inside a state while not on federal property, nor does it prohibit the acquisition or disposition of such knives in an intrastate transaction or an interstate transaction that is noncommercial and/or does not substantially affect interstate commerce (as defined by recent decisions of the U.S. Supreme Court).

Also consider, “U.S.C. 1716 prohibits the mailing or transport of switchblades or automatic knives through the U.S. mails (U.S. Postal Service), with a few designated exceptions.”

Lots of sellers will put the onus on the buyer for being qualified to buy/own an automatic knife, but the the law doesn’t read that way to me.

“Knife Rights needs YOU! I can think of no excuse why every member of this forum doesn’t join Knife Rights. You represent the core knife owner and user around which we can build a powerful advocacy group. Please join today at ”www.KnifeRights.org/membership”:http://www.KnifeRights.org/membership

@warmurf
I’ve been wanting a ceramic blade for a while now but haven’t pulled the trigger. Still got the link to that knife?

@GottaZoom
And I’ve been sizing up that SRM 939 as well. I’ll likely get that one as the one that I want is just a little too much for my budget.

Did I say that I received a G707? :zipper_mouth_face: I meant G706.

Thanks for the info Pinetreebbs.

Bought these on the ‘bay over the weekend (sellers’ photos) - won’t be here awhile but I am patient

Rough Rider 383

Rough Rider 056

Rough Rider s/b fairly decent for a budget knife. I think they are made for SMKW here in TN.

I go nuts in that place.

That Canoe looks great. I only have one RR, a two bladed doctors knife. I’m sure you’ll enjoy your purchase. :smiley:

I sure hope I will, thanks Enki_CK
glad to see you here too
(although I see you have been a member far longer than me)

@tbenedict: RR blades are made in China but the unanimous verdict is that their quality is excellent. Company may be US-owned IDK

I was recomeneded from a couple of people on her that Elk Ridge was a good budget knife. I love it here are a few pics. Definately will be ordering another one of there knifes. It is shart dont ask how i know…. lol

Now i need a sharpener for it an the others that I will be obtaining.

Making its debut on BLF is my HD realtree camo Zippo

This is the DX Ceramic I was talking about-

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/horizontal-ceramic-manual-release-folding-knife-with-clip-19-7cm-full-length-28878?item=18

Where did you get the fake strider from , Daddy like!! link please!! 8)

THANKS

That fake strider seems to have a weak lock (its big brother). See 13:00 minute of the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUa4spoZ1UU

I like the design of the strider very very much but i started collecting fake knives and i prefer to buy only from enlan,SRM,ganzo, navy and… inron (not sure if when the inron my803 arrives it will the last inron…)

Well, i like the spinewhack test for secure, not for other things that you say. I think all people love their fingers equal than they love the strength of a zero tolerance or the cold steel’s tri ad lock.

And can’t you see the video? due to copyright? but, if it is a public video from russians, typical from youtube. It’s very strange. I test the url again and it’s perfect.

By the way, what is your opinion of the inron my803 and the ganzo g707?

Bee EL01a
SRM 605

Ordered 8/7 (exduct)
Shipped 8/8
Received 8/29

Slowest CP package so far, probably going to be worse with my 8/8 order since it doesn’t even show hitting US yet.

Not sure it I’ll swap the 604/605 handles/blades - both will probably be gifted though the EL01a may become a car knife if I don’t do that with the T10 that is coming.

It's not the Krautlaws that are the problems... it's that greedy GEMA. Proxtube (needs an update ) & Hidemyass are your friends.

Ah… the old $10 knife Vs. $100 knife test.

And once again the $100 knife wins!!

Received the Enlan EL01D today. I can see why so many people like the EL01. It is well made.

I already had a couple of bigger knives so I resisted buying one for a long time. When they came out with the wooden handle version I had to buy it.

The wooden handles look at least as good (better) as I thought they would.