What knife did you get today?

I don’t know what is krautlaws and GEMA. “kraut”? ah well, my dictionary says that is a peyorative form about german. Well, german laws. haha, it is incredible, it is true than the video has music but well, there is not problem in my country for seeing.

Well, i think that inron my803 isn’t a good knife, i start to think it is a bad knife even, but i have paid already.

If your refering that the Inrons not as good as the Hinderer of course you are correct but please direct me to where i can buy the original for $100…

Sure it fails but not dangerously, all would fail eventually, i think it did quite well, looks nice too…

Returning to SRM/Enlan/ganzo. Bye Inron.

I received:

Navy K628 and K631. K631 is huge, a bit hard to open but less than the K628 that has a perfect size for my hand. Fit and finish is very good for both, scales have exactly the same shape of the steel liners on which they are screwed to. Pocket clip is very solid.
But edges have heavy traces (stripes) of the stone wheels they use to sharpen the blade. Edges have very small dents due to those stripes.

Enlan EL01D, as big as Navy K631, a bit hard to open out of the box, it doesn’t open completely even with a strong wrist movement. Fit and finish is excellent and the rosewood handle is really beautiful. The pocket clip could be a bit stronger (thicker).

SRM GB763 (G10) & LB763 (aluminum) . I like those smaller knives. Very good fit and finish but the shape (curve) of the blade (edge) of the GB isn’t as perfect as the one of the LB. LB is the smoother to open out of the box. Brown (plastic ?) back spacer could be in better material to look less cheap. Both knives have a bit off centered blade.

SRM/Land 962. Very nice but the blade isn’t well centered. Too expensive for the quality compared to others.

Ganzo G704. Quite smooth to open. Fit and finish is excellent (better than SRM 962), blade perfectly centered, nice mate finish of the blade but I hope that it is not a sort of anodization made with grey paint. Very strong pocket clip.

Those knives are from 2 different orders. One from Exduct shipped with China air mail and received after 15 days, the others from Hello Gift Limited (Aliexpress shop) shippep with HK air mail and received after 9 days. I live in France (Europe).

Enlan EL01D & Ganzo G704 are unbelievable knives for the prices.

All those knives have no blade play but need to be cleaned to be smoother or to remove residues, except the Ganzo G704 that is clean out of the box.

That all for this week.

@tally-ho

I think the Enlan knives are tight so they don't get nailed by customs as flick knives in countries like Australia and others.

I love my Ganzo G704. Out of the box I could flick it open and flick it closed with little effort. Most people gasp when they see me whip it out for the first time and look upon it with awe and a touch of fear. My next knife is the Ganzo G707. I've heard nothing but good about it online. Anyone here have one?

Horst and Kumabear have it.

Thank you, sir. Pm’s sent. :wink:

Where’s flashpilot when we need him, he should be able to answer our questions. LOL! (did he hit 200 budget knives?)

I don’t understand what you mean by “Enlan knives are tight…”.
As I said in an other thread, in France only friction lock knives are legal to carry (with restrictions: not for defend yourself, not in a concert, etc) but concerning knives with locking mechanism, there is no problem (with customs) to import them as those knives are allowed for collection purpose.

What I mean is they tighten the blade adjustment so they will not open with one hand. If they do open with one hand they are considered flick knives and are illegal to import into a lot of countries. Once you have the knife you can loosen the adjuster so they open easily with a flick of the thumb stud and a little wrist action.

Ahhh OK, thank you for your clarification.

I dismantled the Navy K631 and Enlan EL01D.
The K631 is really dirty:

I’m a bit puzzled about this burn mark on the tang’s blade. I hope that when it was “wheel sanded” it was not hot enough to ruin the hardened steel in this part.

The bronze or brass washer could be larger and better cleaned without residues, it is not only dirty grease.

I am a bit disapointed by some details.
I dismanteled only one side of the Elan EL01D by unscrewing 4 screws, but when I tried to screw them down, 2 screws are falling down directly in the hole.
Inverting them do not solve the problem.

There is a threading into each of those holes but it seems that it is larger than the diameter of the screws. It explains why there is a white-bluish compound (thread lock (?) called “frein filet” in french) on the screws, maybe to fill the gap beetween the screw and hole’s threading and to glue the screw in it.

Bad work Enlan !
EDIT: By looking under a magnifier, it appears that 2 “spacers” have the correct diameter and threading, and the 2 others have a slightly larger diameter that will probably match a screw with the “next upper” diameter. But I don’t have spare screws of this size.
(But I would prefer to have spacers with the appropriate diameter).
(NB: I sent a message to exduct in orders that someone (Jacky Hu (?)) can report the problem to the manufacturer).

I planned to buy 2 more EL01D but now I am a bit reluctant to offer this “trap” to my friends.
Does anyone encountered the same problem on EL01 series ?

That’s shoddy as hell, can you use larger fixings?

Hi JohnnyMac,

Here is a copy and paste of a post I made recently:

ganzo G707 Switchblade $16

I am very happy with the quality. It has a perfect spring, nice snap but not so much that it flies out of my hand.

Fit and finish is excellent on mine. The recessed release button makes it safe to carry but there is no annoying safety catch.

It shaves hair.

A knife this quality usually sells for well over $16.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ganzo-G707-Wooden-handle-Knife-G707-1-/290718879…
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ganzo-G707-440c-Blade-Wood-Handle-Pocket-EDC-Fol…

This knife has gone for more than $27 in the recent past….get it before EBAY figures out that it is an Automatic

Thanks, Steve! I ordered it yesterday after looking on Exduct. Exduct wanted $6.50 for shipping so I decided to look elsewhere. eBay was pretty much the only other game and I got it for $16.20 shipped via Singapore Post which usually gets things to me in 10 days.

Im happy to see you got yours on eBay also and got a quality product. Thanks for the input. :)

Yes but this is a part where there are frictions and wear, it is better if it keeps the hardening.

:Sp
Yes, the same “quality” ’s consistency during built process, also with Navy K628:

I didn’t polish and remove all traces of oxidation on the steel liners, I will do it later when I will drill holes in it.

As for the washers, I will polish or replace them later:

SRM LB763 was much better, only a light cleaning of the washers. I haven’t dismantled it completely:

I also hesitate to dismantle these knives for fear of striping out the head of the screws.

If it’s necessary to fix something I’ll do it but not otherwise. Those screws seem to me to be the weakest link in the design of these knives.

Thanks for the pics of the 'nude' knives, Tally-ho.