What LED tint do you prefer?

I don't know about the numbers but I'd agree with the post above in that my preference would probably be the cool side of neutral.

I would prefer that the light not have a bluish look to it but I don't want it to have that incand look either.

My EOS headlamp has the tint I would prefer. It's neutral to my eyes only when I compare it to most of my other lights.

I don't really have any lights with tints that bother me however. Since I got some tinted filters to play with I have experimented with my other lights but not because I was dissatisfied with them

I like 0D, 1A, 0D (Cool White I like a little of blueish), and dislike a lot the "Warm White" tints!

This is not strictly related to this tint-topic but:

Does anyone know, is it possible for an Average Joe to purchase these:

http://www.leds.de/High-Power-LEDs/Nichia-High-Power-LEDs/Nichia-NCSL119-H1-170lm-warmweiss-mit-Platine-10x10mm.html

But with CCT at 4500K?

What I´ve been reading, this low CCT could be the reason I don´t like warmish tints.From beamshots it seems, that cooler white (4500K) with good CRI could be nice.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?323084-High-CRI-Nichia-119-Haiku-is-ASTONISHINGLY-GOOD!!&p=3776248&viewfull=1#post3776248

Fun thing I accidentlly discovered. Have a girlfriend/significant other who is not into flashlights at all? Likely...

Go see a horror movie (Any paranormal activity seems great) - my girlfriend was a bit freaked afterward. She went up to my apartment first, & asked to take my flashlight - sure (light switch is about 8 meters/24 feet from door...entryway just has sensor light).

After that - complained, unprompted, that the light was too "ghostly" color (i.e. - cool). I showed her a neutral-light (the only I have) and she thought it was far, far safer-looking.

I was just shocked about this out of the blue tint preference, from someone who doesn't even know flashlights come in tints. Just a...never thought before but when scared...oh my god, this light looks ghostly (I agree, in retrospect).

/she's culturally E. Asian, they tend to believe in ghosts more...your results may vary.

A few months back I ordered some XM-L2’s from IS and just for kicks I threw a couple warm tint LEDs in the cart. Just recently I purchased my first single 18650 torch(well, torches. 4 to be exact) and was happily taking them apart and putting them back together and when it came time to build up a drop in in noticed those LEDs and thought”why not?“. They are labeled S6 7D03 2900k, 90+CRI. Much warmer than anything else I’ve used and very easy on the eyes. Has anyone else tried these yet?

I have a 4T-5B1 XML2 I think (80+CRI on notagon from Mnteletronics) and it looks great. Almost as good as my nichia 219 was, but with a lot more output. I had two extra 7135’s stacked on it and it’s just a slight bit brighter than my XML-U2.

Tint was worth it though, I might use similar ones in future builds.

Edit, there’s an infected URL on this page. I keep getting AV annoyances from it.

+1, here too.