What you got today

2 days ago got some parts from Simon (Convoy) :)

got this toy to play with

Got this XH-W3001 Digital Control Temperature Microcomputer Thermostat Switch from this ebay seller for $3.79 Click me

I have a fan connected to it to cool my Astron 20 amp power suppy, but only when the temprature gets above 40 degrees c. The fan shuts off when the temprature gets below 30 degrees c. It has fully ajustable temprature settings for both cooling or heating.

Here’s a video Big Clive did on this unit. click me

• Joly Joy 18650 zoomie - basically a rebranded Supfire A2. Interface, build quality, emitter, driver… all identical except for the label on the outside of the case. $16 from Amazon, so cheaper than the Supfire. I swapped the emitter to an XPL HI on a Noctigon and moved the + lead on the driver to the other side of the R500 resistors for greatly improved output.
  • DQG TinyIII 26650 - my first 26650 light. I’m pretty impressed. Very bright and compact considering the huge battery. Too heavy for pocket EDC though (due to the weight of the large battery).

Mail brought my X6 I swapped for. Has nichias. Not sure what tint. Little more white than my M43 with 5000k 70+. Happy with it. FET running guppydrv. I like mode 20.

Switch bypassed, school me on the driver, no spring?

Yes it has a copper (i think) button , not a spring.

Very nice work , 18awg wires i guess , and they are coming up to the mcpcb from the sides , and soldering job is good .
On the switch there is a through pcb bypass , very nice .

This thing puts out the light too! Gets hot fast haha. It does have nice work.

Anyone know who built it?

Judging by capacity and physical dimensions, there is a 26650 sitting inside this one…

A host that bounces for work

Utorch UT01, neutral. I appear to have have struck it lucky on the switch lottery :slight_smile:

It’s a lot smaller than I expected and the ability to adjust each level is a nice bonus…impressed so far.

Bought a Harbor Freight 4000 watt generator to replace my no name POS I’ve had for 20 years. This one starts on the first pull and is fairly quiet. Can’t beat it for the $299.99 I paid.

!

!

Mail call!

Some cells, 16650’s to feed un-bored hosts in work , couple of ny battery guy norbs own label vtc6

Little lantern

Pretty unimpressed being honest, like a $5 lantern with a $25 package. Meant to be hi cri but hard to tell being cool for my eyes, no blues or anything and quite a clean tint so not bad, just not prefered. Also a warning about putting cell(18650) in correct way which to me means money/cost cutting………………on their side! With no benefit for customers……….I mean lets think about it, your camping, using your lantern and it goes out, night time kids are fighting and you swap cell for fresh and in wrong way(it can and does happen). Then broke…………nope not good enough.

The little fenix cl20 is nicer made, feels better quality and the neutral CT is a lot easier on the eye, that would be my choice out of the 2 if anyone would be looking for one. Unfortunately my little one has claimed my cl20 for her animal duties at night, although she thinks the nitecore is brighter(being cooler), she as I prefers the cl20 colour temp. That is fed on AA loops(or cr123 cells if preferred) , so run times are not up to the 18650 nitecore…………

Finally got myself a Pineapple. Love it

Very nice Robert, 4000k 219c?

After misplacing my xtar sp1 for 4.35 cells, decided to try the bt c100, free pen off norb too………….which Callum has claimed straight away!

Yes, I believe so

djburkes, are those C8 all for you?

Got a 25’ 4 conductor 30 amp generator extension cord with twist lock ends for my new generator. I also ordered 30 amp power inlet box with a dedicated breaker. I’ll be mounting next to the breaker panel in my garage.

today the first parts for this project arrived

XPL HI V3-3C
and 28mm AR coated glass