What's the weather like in your lockdown country?

It’s been quite nice NE England during the lockdown, you can guarantee once it’s lifted the weather will turn to crap.

I'm not sure, but I think COVID-19 doesn't like hot weather.

Our summers are long and brutal, so that may be partially a good thing this year.

High heat kills/slows most things down, I have no idea about Corona, but you’d imagine it would help being very hot or very cold - I think the bit in between is where it thrives.

Been sunny and fairly warm for the past few weeks here in SW England, actually looking forward to some rain for the allotment!

Yep lovely day here in Dorset too! Apparently the last for a few days….

Where is Central PA?.

Lived and worked in Alaska. Sth Africa. Canada (CJB Pipelines). for a few yrs.
Migrate Australia ’72/3? Spent most time in Northern. Eastern Tropics.
with a few yrs down South where they get cold.
Temp’s from –52f Alaska Pipeline CJB. to 54c (Simpson)

Anybody that lives anywhere but in the tropics. ANYWHERE on this planet.
Wants their bumps reading.
14/24 in Winter/ wet.
32 to 53 (desert) in the dry.

4.05pm here 28.4c Deg. Don’t want much colder thank you.
This our. Sorry. START of Winter now.
Will drop to around 23/24ish c.

Nice winter though. :slight_smile:

Pennsylvania, U. S. A.

Daily highs have been creeping upward, mostly 40-50F, nights in the 30’s, pretty typical weather for this time of year. Piles of snow still common, but receding nicely. Hopefully no more snow this season, but not impossible, we’ve had 12” storms in May on occasion.

drillbit

We had fist size Hailstones last Sun.
Yesterday rainguage read 5 1\2 inches.
Then another 2+ in Arvo.

The last spell of wet for 5 to 7 months now I reckon.
Green. Grey. Then Black grass if it goes over 7 months.
Then rains come again. All Green in a week.
Saves on fuel costs anyway.
Winter just starting. (Not finishing. drrr)
9 10am Temp INside 25.7c
Out. Around 27\28c.

I lived in N.E England in ’40’s/50’s. During and After the war.
Old Coronation st 2 up 2 down terraced council houses.

I Remember. In winter. Snow drifts at certain angles.
They built up to over upstairs window ledges.
We used to open the windows.
Wooden boards. and slide down to street.
Also go along beach with Coal rake. Bags, and old bike.
Raking up the “Seacoal” after the tide from coal dock.
Wrap in wet newpaper. dry out. Made coal blocks.
and feed a really nice FREE fire in living room.
Plus sell them at a Tanner each.(6d). or 2 bob a bag.
The good old days hey.
Had everything but food. clothes and money. Everything Rationed
in those days.
Winning…… The war. was NOT a good thing for residents.
Country broke.

A week ago we had a little snow. Today it is 70F (21C). Mostly sunny, a few clouds. Pretty good all round for the time of year. Soon enough we’ll swap the winter tires for the summer tires.

Weather is boring mostly the same, blazing hot sun all year except when rainy season. Funny think is some locals starts sun bathing albeit just for half an hour in believing that it helps boost immune. In a crowded area where open space are rare people even drop their shirt and sits near train track to bath in the sun, oh the thing people would do to stay safe how ironic. Sun bathing here usually reserved for western foreigners not locals.

What a difference a day makes, 24 little hours……… it felt like the hottest day yet yesterday here - scorchio!
Still warm though, even if it is overcast and drizzling!

We’ve been having “crazy” weather here! Last week was scorching hot, but from last Friday on, weather is being on ups and downs.

Some places in different parts of the country had thunderstorms, heavy rain and hail that destroyed entire crops (olive, cherry, peach, blueberry and others) :frowning:
Other kept having high temperatures and sun!

Today it is colder than in the couple of days…

Seems like weather systems are going “coconuts” too :weary:

Lol, believe it or not my wife’s cousin in Russia went to Sochi for a break, it is usually quite hot there - it was SNOWING a few days ago!
Couldn’t believe it when we saw her video!
I can’t EVER remember it being so hot so early here (it is the hottest since records began, and most amount of sunshine) yesterday here was like ‘Spain heat’ last time we were there.
Apparently there’s a week of poorer weather then back to scorchio! can’t wait. :slight_smile:

Yesterday was nice, nighttime was chilly when it was pouring, but now the rain stopped and the sun’s out, so it’s hotter but way too humid. :confounded:

Like usual for the summer, it's pretty hot and dry here.

I just gotta avoid going outside for too long during the day.

The nights, of course, are very nice right now.

Plymouth had first proper rainfall for weeks yesterday! Plants look greatful :stuck_out_tongue:

Installed a 100l water butt, will only do the courtyard a couple of times but should help reduce the theiving b**s at South West water!

In the last two weeks, We’ve hit 108F and 109F on a couple of days.
TOO FRELLING HOT!

All the Best,
Jeff

That’s as hot as Hezmana!