What's the weather like in your lockdown country?

PERFECT summer weather for NE PA. PERFECT day for my Dad’s 90th B’day.

Sunny-77F-LOW Humidity and a 10 to 15 MPH WNW breeze. :+1:

Prior to that several Humid days in upper 80’s low 90’s.

Man, it’s hot.

It’s like Africa hot.

Tarzan couldn’t take this kinda hot.

Dry. Dry dry dry. 22 days without rain and the sunsets are already in psychedelic pinks and oranges because of dust and pollution. Humidity has gone as low as 20% during the day in some towns of my state.

Temperatures aren’t bad (between 20 and 32º), but I thank the ceiling fan for the comfort. It has been going almost nonstop in my bedroom, with a humidifier to keep it company during the night.

Seems like tomorrow we’re getting a cold front that’ll bring some humidity and no cold, which I don’t mind. Mild winters with less polar air means less dry air sitting on top of my head, which means the drought doesn’t last as long. Maybe the “monsoons” will arrive in late September after Spring officially starts. And I hope they come loaded with black clouds when they do.

This is just our early winter? We have 2 seasons. Wet. Dry.
This is the cold one for 7 or 8 weeks,
then back to normal again.
Nowadays our cold varies from 10 to 16 O’Night. and 14 to 26 daytime.

WET. Mmmm somebody playing with it this last coupla yrs
You never know anymore.

Dry varies from 22 O’night, 33c daytime. Usually lasting to 8 months
NO rain. then boom. 12-16in a day for a while.
Have seen 24+in in 24 hrs on a good day.

But with climate change It’s NEVER been so coooold here.
This season coldest on record so far.

I’m sitting here in comp’ room (10-10am)with my toes tingling.
Never b4 in the last 45+ yrs. Have I ever had that here.
It’s farkin’ freezin’. and I have to go out. yuk.

A beach 30 mins away from me, The PM on Coronavirus and distancing, and most other things lol ‘the public can be trusted to use their judgement’ famous last words me thinks…… :person_facepalming:
Police had to shut it down, 15 tonnes of litter was left behind the previous day and people parked everywhere. There were tailbacks and gridlock for miles around and emergency services apparently had a nightmare trying to get around it. Madness, it’s almost certain 1 person on that beach had CV………

Elsewhere further down the coast a 200 strong fight broke out on the beach fuelled by drink and drugs apparently (missed that one :stuck_out_tongue: )

Winter here in Australia and being in the South its very cool these days. Today it was 5C in the morning with a max of around 14C
Its been a higher than average rainfall year too, with the total yearly average rainfall already achieved in the first 6 months.

(I would love a weather website that has temperatures in both Fahrenheit and Celsius.)

The two things that annoy me the most lately are...

COVID-19 and overly hot weather.

From today until Tuesday, it's going to be pretty hot here.

(And the last few days have been pretty hot as well.)

We just hope that we don't lose electricity.

Back in Europe next week.

Low 80sF (30sC) this morning with a predicted high around 113F. Time to ride NOW! Actually saw someone riding a bike yesterday when it was at least 110F. I used to do that before I retired and it was the only time I had to ride. It never gets really fun though.

Wow, that’s toasty. Winter hear so daytime temps will be about half that.

121°?!?

You do know that steaks need only 145° to be considered cooked, right?

And I thought 98° was my idea of Hell…

Thankfully only 75° today. The rains finally put out all the fires from the past week.

32°C (90F) in uk and I’m dying. How do u even breathe in 49°C!!!

I can hear thunder…that changed real quick

121° is pretty bad..

The record for Palm Springs is 123°.

The record for Thermal, which is also in the Coachella Valley, is 126°.

The world record is 129.2°.

It was obtained in Death Valley, California, and also I think in Kuwait.

This is according to the local news on Thursday.

I don't know the record for Palm Desert, but I think it has been 122° (in the Coachella Valley) at least a few times in the last six years.

EDIT:

I just Googled it, and the record for Palm Desert is 122°.

It’s one of the hottest winters I’ve seen in almost 30 years. The coldest so far has been 12C (53F) at night this week from a weak polar front. Otherwise it fluctuates between 19 and 32C (66 and 90F), so nice temperatures. No chapped lips this year is a plus for me.

Because of the mild cold fronts, many days have been slightly cloudy, with overcast sunrises that clear up. Humidity stays low, like 50% at night going down to below 30 between mid-morning and late afternoon. Typical drought season that I know and hate :confounded:

Can’t wait for October to roll around the corner and bring in the rains already; who knows, with the polar masses being so weak this year the anticyclone they create might be pierced by the Amazonian rainy winds by September already. Downpours, dark clouds, power outages… that’ll be reason for a flashaholic to party :stuck_out_tongue:

In NC miserable is a valid meteorological term. Rain with 90’s and sunshine literally all at the same time. Oh and here comes a tropical system for a touch more moisture

We are into rainy season! Mostly it is cloudy, then sprinkles a little rain. Hardly enough to measure. :frowning: Sometimes it does rain a good amount. :smiley: Sometimes it rains too much in too short a time, which then means I need to fix a few spots on the gravelly dirt hilly section of the road. :frowning: The rain is scattered; the mountians make it hard to predict with accuracy over a larger area.

Lemme revive this thread to ask you guys something:

How would you like 21-39°C (71-102ºF) and humidity varying between 50 and 12% (dew point 45°F for those that know what that is)? Thermal sensation reaching as high as 50°C (122°F). In a non-desertic location. No air conditioning at all.

No, this is not sarcasm. I know Australia has it worse than this regularly.

ADDENDUM: I’m looking forward to feeling like 32°C (low 90s in Fahrenheit) is cold.

No.

This is 20°F cooler than last week…but now we’ve got a bunch of ash and crap hanging in the air from fires