Which movie did you watch lastֻ

I think it’s a terrific movie. The story was very sophisticated and dark, for a major studio film of the time. Orson Welles directed his big scene and wrote his lines for it. Joseph Cotten was perfect. The cinematography was superb even by today’s standards. The ending was brilliant, as at that time nobody put a scene like that at the end of a movie - I’m trying not to give away the ending in being vague. The studio didn’t want it to end like that, but the director insisted on it, to his credit. The ending frustrated many viewers, but it was consistent with the characters and plot. And it’s done with wonderfully blunt impact.

Gaah, another one for my list…

I saw it a long time ago and thought it was rather slow without much of a climax. But I’m curious to see it again now, with an “older” mind. :wink:

Oh yeah, I forgot that the invisible man wrapped himself up… My bad!

I let all three Star Wars prequels play in the background on Disney+ while I did work around the house. Just trying to get in the mood to go see the new one.

Forgot where this came from, had to go searching for it because it wasn’t in the favorite-movies nor what-movie-you-just-watched threads.

Okay, just got through watching it. Definitely a cut above most “horror” movies, a real thriller without much explicit gore. Great and atmospheric, ’though once things got rolling towards the end, it seemed to rely more on jump-scares than a creepy atmosphere.

Music was creepily top-notch, too, and really fit the movie as well as set the atmosphere.

Seeing Vinnie D’Onofrio was a nice treat, too. :laughing:

I saw Christine (1983).

This was not one of Stephen King's best movies.

The acting wasn't all that great and the movie was pretty slow.

The music, by John Carpenter, was actually very good, however.

I don't recommend this one.

I finally just saw One Upon A Time in Hollywood and I can say unequivocally say that for me, this was the worst film Tarantino has ever put his name on as director. Lots of big name actors that simply can’t pull this horribly written, eye rolling twist ending, up out of the abyss.

As a huge QT fan, take my advice and don’t waste any of your hard earned cash on (what should be) his career ending film. QT is now the Tom Brady of film…

Old school.
During the week we got out the Godfather 4 x discs and binged on them.

last night. De Niro again. “Midnight Run” 3 + hrs of basic, Enjoyable, entertainment.
Then Star Wars Rogue one to finish off.
Ready for the latest release This arvo’. I got a copy of That coupla days ago.

Second the next Avatar too… Puleeez soon.

I’m also digging out some of my old books.
Clive Cussler. “Polar Shift”.
After rereading Bourne Identity again.

Cussler is a ten times better writer for getting you into the story than Robert Ludlum ever could be.

Ludlums story’s are good though.

Get hold of the DALE BROWN… “Flight of the old dog” Series of books.
When anybody wants to get into the pilots seat with him. (He crewed in these planes. B52’s)
A Captain in US Air Force.
There’s 6 in there. I have them all.

You really ARE. IN the cockpit with him. AS him.
I bought these in early ’90’s.
Took me yrs to collect them all. Second hand.

They are one series of books you can NOT put down when you start and get immersed.
He’s that good.

“6 Underground” looks quite good, and I’m gonna try getting to that tonight.

Finished “The Irishman.” Watched up to about 1.25 hours a day ago, then the rest tonight.
Overall, great movie. Not Oscar material, but wow… the legends. There are some moments to die for. Especially when Pacino, Keitel, & Peschi are all together at a dinner table. The tension. Superb. So weird to see the CGI “young skin” mapped over these guys for the early days. At times it looks great, while at others you can tell… something’s off. Might be skin luster & pores detail. Sometimes mouth sizes change. But it most certainly works for Pacino, who looks a lot more like Hoffa than himself with that wide neck. Best performance by Peschi since “My Cousin Vinnie.”

I haven’t verified details, but I’m hoping there’s some very good factual info in there. Always like to get some education from entertainment.

The ending felt anti-climatic. But overall, worth the time.

^ same here, my last watched movie was Frozen II with my family.

Ad Astra. TERRIBLE. I like Brad Pitt, but he was as flat as cardboard. Story was interesting, but full of glaring gaping holes. Vicious gorillas in space? C’mon. 30 years alone in space, with no resupply? C’mon. Ending was totally unfulfilling. Why. WHY waste all those millions with a star cast like that? :person_facepalming: :person_facepalming:

October Sky

Revolten” a/k/a “Fehér isten” a/k/a “White God” (2014).

All I can say is… Wow!.

I don’t even know how to classify it. Part thriller, part horror, part drama, part… love-story?? All I know is that it completely blew me away. Grabbed me right from the first scene, right through the end credits, all 2hrs+ of the movie. Never got bored.

It’s in Hungarian, so unless you speak the language, you’ll need subs. And there are quite a few floating around, so you’ll have to get the right one, timing-wise.

Just… wow.

I usually get subs here:

https://subscene.com/

Or, if that doesn't work, I get subs here:

https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search/subs

Most of the weird movies I go look for subs, The Usual Site doesn’t exist. I just goggle for “name of movie english subs” and follow the links.

Ugh, opensubs just started requiring a login or to register first before even looking. Hate when they do that…

Did you watch it yet? I started it and… while Ryan Reynolds is his usual funny snarky self, the casual killing that takes place is just so other worldly. Action & shoot-em-up flicks usually deal with the protagonists fighting against the antagonists, as expected, with some innocent bystanders biting it. But in this, there’s at first weird over-the-top care & concern, mostly for pets, then it fades off while bystanders get clobbered in gory detail. Nonchalant “oh man, that’s too bad” while more people get killed. Villain cars come out of nowhere, so implausibly and so prolifically, it just starts to wear on you. An absolute overload of gratuitous violence, as if the audience would be sitting back in a dopamine rush from it all.

The bar has been lowered so far, I just don’t know where the hell action movies will be going in the future. In a way, I’m starting to feel like the “old man” who just doesn’t get it. It makes me feel like people are getting far too desensitized to violence.

Not yet. Caught “Revolten” instead.

The name Ryan Reynolds sounds so familiar, but I goggled him and can’t say I saw any of the movies he was in. Bit parts like in “Scrubs” or “X-Files”, yeah, but don’t recall what it was he played in ’em.

Teevee I can have playing in the background while I’m poking the computer, reading, doing other things, but watching movies, that’s on the computer, so I need the peace’n’quiet and uninterrupted time to sit and watch it straight-through. So, it’s kind of a Big Thing to catch a movie.