Which movie did you watch lastֻ

You… haven’t seen… DEADPOOL? :person_facepalming:

Togo (2019) . crazy good movie. i wetted half a box of kleenex

Watched The Irishman yesterday. Amazing detail in the story, sets, costumes, etc. Scorsese is clearly making movies without compromise, which is why about an hour could have been hacked off the movie with the same basic story being told and the same themes emphasized. However, I admire Scorsese’s uncompromising approach, and his unflinching portrait of how a sociopath found a place for himself as an indispensable part of the Teamsters and a major organized crime organization for several decades.

Robert De Niro, Al Pacino and Joe Pesci deserve Oscar nominations for their acting. The most interesting role in some ways was played by Anna Paquin, who had few lines but made the most of them as the moral center of the movie. The Director of Photography Rodrigo Prieto and the Editor, Scorsese’s long-time collaborator Thelma Shoonmaker, also did an amazing job with what must have been an awful lot of raw film.

Just saw Rise of Skywalker. Liked it way more than I thought I would. Big movie and good mix of lot’s of fan service/old characters, and also new powers/lore.

Well said! :+1:

Ha! That’s one for my list… :laughing:

Uhh, no? I saw the ads, pic of him doing the hand-heart thing, and thought he was The Spider Man or something. Looked corny.

(And no, I don’t recall seeing any of those, either. Go figure.)

Probably because I saw The Bat Man in film, Joker/Nicholson, Penguin/DeVito, and thought those flicks stunk, so never watched any more from the series.

I do remember The Dark Man (Neeson?), and that was pretty good.

I did see one of The X Men flicks, the one where the guy with stitched/missing/whatever mouth was duking it out with someone on nukeplant cooling towers or something. That was okay, but others who were “into” the original stuff said it was inaccurate or something.

Got, haven’t watched yet.

I didn’t like that one at all. Just too much stupid. The story makes no sense in any way. Wasn’t een good to kill some timr as I had my smartphone in hand an movie ein background pretty quick (which didn’t hjelp with following the “plot” I have to admit).

Deadpool 2016
Deadpool.2.2018.Super.Duper.Cut
They were OK, mostly cause I like Tom & Jerry violent/action cartoons.

Butt, I prefer Remo Williams - The Adventure Begins (1985)
I haven’t been able to source
Remo Williams 2: The Adventure Continues (2017)

BTW the Remo/Chiun audiobooks are in the 100’s and are great.

I really enjoyed Deadpool 1 & 2.

They're very funny, and they're two of my most favorite superhero movies.

I just watched Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker. I think the thing that strikes me is that this movie has made me absolutely and completely fall in love with Rey/Daisy Ridley; very much the way Rogue One made me fall in love with Jyn/Felicity Jones.

The performance was incredible! Magnificent!

I saw Atonement (2007).

It was pretty good, though a little slow.

The acting and music were superb.

If you can get past the slow pacing, you'll probably like this movie.

Cold out so watching more TV and movies lately.

Ad Astra Watched whole movie just hoping it would get better…. NEVER DID!!
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Made it 15min before turning it off.

Doctor Sleep was GOOD, wanna see The Shining again now too. Now I’ve been back to watching Castle Rock again.
The Irishmen, Good flick but dont start watching it at midnight. Yeah I watched the whole 3.5 hour movie in one sitting.
6 Underground, pretty good and action packed. I was surprised to see full bodies flying out of cars, getting run over etc… Usually not that graphic. While not top AAA production and animation the movies was still pretty Good.
Got caught up on the last couple, few, Star-Wars to be ready for the new one when its accessible at home. And waiting for the new episode of Mandalorian every week.
Ford vs Ferrari was pretty good but if half the SHTuff Ford pulled on the driver is remotely true I got a sour taste for Ford. Not that will ever own a Ford car or a new car… ever.

I’ll look up Sinister… thanks. Been running out of stuff I haven’t seen.

I’m still hoping to get a 2nd opinion on “White God”… :wink:

Last movie: Titanic.

How did I like it? Great. Spolier alert, the boat sinks.

We saw a couple of New movies this week.

Jumanji 2

Pretty decent for a sequel. Same actors, New blood to keep things interesting, and a few cameos. Same idea as before but a glitch in the game mixes up the team significantly. Some of the actors handle it really well but one of them was kinda weak at first. I was relieved when that part ended.
Special “guest star” The Mountain from GOT plays a key role, loved it!

Star Wars 9
Rotten Tomatoes critics were full of crap. Nothing is perfect but this movie was good. Hard to think of anything I would have changed. Solid ending!

Just saw Star Wars Episode IX. The car wreck saga continues. I know I should stop, but I keep watching, anyway.

Amazing movie. Should get Oscar prize. Parasite

Mike

Ach! Another one to find…