Which movie did you watch lastֻ

Last Sunday I watch The Age of Adaline

Caught “Project Power”, too. Pretty good.

Didn’t quite get why the effect was exactly 5min and not “about 5min” or 5:16 or 4:52 or anything like that. Wasn’t crazy about the gangstah music, though, as it was a bit much.

It was a bit on the long side, but I didn’t mind, as it kept my attention throughout. Even replayed a few sections to try to “catch” something if I missed it or if it seemed glossed-over.

Interesting concept, like you could become an X Man if you popped the pill. Sounds pretty good. :laughing:

All in all, I kinda liked it.

Last weekend i have seen Joker. Joaquin Phoenix, in another outstanding performance.

Best movie, Must watch.

Movie Brief.

“Joker” centers around the iconic arch nemesis and is an original, standalone fictional story not seen before on the big screen. Phillips’ exploration of Arthur Fleck, who is indelibly portrayed by Joaquin Phoenix, is of a man struggling to find his way in Gotham’s fracturedsociety. A clown-for-hire by day, he aspires to be a stand-up comic at night…but finds the joke always seems to be on him. Caught in a cyclical existence between apathy and cruelty, Arthur makes one bad decision that brings about a chain reaction of escalating events in this gritty character study.

The Dark Knight Rises.

1. Lots and Lots of talking/speeches.
2. Even more bullets and bombs.
3. Bane’s voice is the best.

bottom line: a good, free, online movie.
not worth a theatre ticket price, though.

will watch Joker (as posted above).
i’ve heard/read good things.

Demolition man

Caught “Game Of Assassins” knowing almost nothing of it beforehand. I was expecting something like what I remember of some movie, world-infamous assassins duking it out, last one alive gets the bajillion-dollar prize. Nope, not even close. Several people wake up in this dungeonlike place, no memory of how they got there, and have to advance through several “levels” to escape. Usually advancing would come at the cost of blood.

Little by little, you get flashbacks of their history and why they’re there. Each one is a killer, for whatever reason, good or bad, and this is apparently their “atonement”, risking almost certain death trying to get out, or certain death if they don’t try.

Most of the movie was incredibly good. It seemed as though each person had a forte that would be necessary for them to advance. Puzzles, riddles, sayings, all had their place. The plot moved on pretty consistently, and didn’t get bogged down in secondary drama, etc., so that was good. And I remembered one line that the good-guy said early on was key to getting out of the last level. And up until that point where they make it out the door to The Exit (or so it seemed), it was a really good movie. But the final act, the “exposition” of who was pulling the strings and why, felt like the writer just pulled it out his ass at the last minute. I was like, “wtf?!?”.

Naw, too many unanswered questions after it, too. Nothing was explained. It wasn’t even one of those “We’ll leave it to your imagination what happened next” endings. It was just nothing. (Gee that sounds familiar… <coff!> “Zomblies” <coff!> “Zomblies”…)

Oh yeah, the original title was “The Gauntlet” (not to be conflated with the Clint Eastwood flick, obviously), which made a Hell of a lot more sense, and was even mentioned explicitly by Chief Bad Guy, and was changed to the idiotic and misleading “Game Of Assassins” later.

It was nice recognising some of the cast from other shows I remembered them from (“Burn Notice”, “Leverage”, “24”, etc.), though.

All in all, 90% of the flick was surprisingly good, but that last 10% was definitely “wtf??” and then “oh, piss off!”. Feel free to watch it for that 90%, as that’d be well worth it.

thanks puglife2:
here’s a site which says
Demolition Man predicted
2020……

how would you guys rank the four The Purge movies? i wanna check them all out

The first one was pretty interesting. I skipped the rest when they took it political.

I saw the movie. I don’t want to present any spoilers here, but I remember Arthur making a lot more than one bad decision.

I’ve seen a few of them, but I have no interest in seeing any more. I would rank the ones I saw very low.

I really liked the first one.

The sequels aren't nearly as great, and I would not recommend them.

thanks guys, I’m watching now The First Purge (2018), with Marisa Tomei

liking it so far!

Oops!

The First Purge (2018) is not the first in the series.

The first one is just called The Purge, and that's the one I liked.

I’ll watch that next, thx! :+1:

Two stinkers today, and it didn’t even take very long to suffer go through them.

First up, “John Was Trying To Contact Aliens”, a 16min biography of John Shepherd (not to be confused with John Sheppard, thank B’harni [pbuh!]). Kinda boring.

A guy gets this bug to try to try to build his own original SETI at home, so builds all sorts of radio equipment to send out a cosmic “yoohoo!” to ETs by broadcasting music like he’s a cosmic deejay. And that’s all he did for something like 30yrs, living in his grandparents’ house all that time (and probably still).

And the second half was about his love-life and how difficult it is being homosexural in rural Michigan. Ummm, okay. What that has to do with aliens I have no idea.

Dunno, it was about as interesting as recounting the life of someone in Iowa who collected/amassed the world’s biggest ball of string. Nothing about any signals he may have “discovered”, about what instruments he was using, etc. It was basically just a quick non-technical bio about some loony who wasted 30yrs of his life looking for yew-eff-ohs, and then gave it all up when he found True Love™.

On the bright side, I only wasted 16min.

Next up was a 3hr snoozefest called “Illuminated Texts”. Well, it’s rated 7.3 currently, so maybe it’s not that bad.

W… t… f…?

I suffered through flicks which were just plain bad, like not even any comedic value as far as lousy acting or stilted dialogue or a stooooopit plot, but this flick just actively irritated me right from the very beginning.

I sped it up all the way to 1.3×, but it still wasn’t enough. I skipped whole sections, hitting every 2-3min or so just to see what was in it. Then every 5min. Then every 10min, only a few seconds for each stop. Finally I just gave up and shift-deleted both movies immediately.

No, this movie actually pissed me off.

Picture some avante garde wannabe filming clouds straight up and spinning around as he’s filming. Or filming hills, crags, treetops, etc., while again spinning around in place. Put up a blurb from Yeats or Poe or whoever that has nothing to do with the scenery, while having some nonsense technical reading of an army field-manual or something that has nothing to do with anything.

Again, w… t… f…?

And let me repeat, this was 3 hours long.

Yeeeeah, no. Just no.

Lady Bird

I kept trying to watch this one but forgot about it for years.

“In 2002, an artistically inclined seventeen-year-old girl comes of age in Sacramento, California.”

Great coming-of-age movie that revolves around teenage life, religion, high school, dating and more.

I enjoyed that one, too. Wasn’t it directed by Greta Gerwig? I think it was.

Brad’s Status (2017)

Brad (Ben Stiller) is a 47-year-old husband and father taking his talented son on a trip to visit colleges in Boston, at a time when he is questioning his career choices and comparing his achievements to college friends who have become either rich or famous, unlike him. Very well-written, well-acted, quiet, dry comedy about how we assess our own and others’ achievements and failures. Highly recommended.

Brad Pitt was one of the producers of this film, which doesn’t surprise me, as he has been a big supporter of independent movies that might not make it to the screen if not for his support.

Original music by Mark Mothersbaugh, founder of Devo, writer of Peewee’s Playhouse original music theme.

Been on a war movie binge.
Today Hurt Locker, before that Thin Red Line and Letters from Iwo Jima.