Why Eneloop

I use Eneloops exclusively. Why? Because they are the only AA NiMH that can give 5 amps draw on a consistent basis and even higher amps than that. It's a proven fact and no other AA NiMH I have ever used (except for re-branded Eneloops), can get anywhere near that. I don't care what the mah capacity rating is on those other cells, I care about how high discharge works on them. Sitting on the shelf at 2500mA does not help me if the battery will not push 3500mA when I need it. Eneloops do that and are the only ones that consistently do that time after time without failure or premature death.

Stepping off the soap box now, hope I don't trip on the way down...

I have over 100 AA & AAA eneloops, several of which are over 5 years old and have been cycled hundreds of times under repeated high discharge conditions. They all keep on going. All of them! EVERY other brand nimh cell I have tried has died within 2 years when subjected to the same harsh treatment (All my cells are in a rotation cycle so they all get used equally). My oldest and most slammed eneloops still perform nearly as new and have lost less than 10% of their original capacity. IMO, considering how inexpensive eneloops are, spending money on any other brand has proven to be a complete waste of money. I should have given that money to a homeless person instead.

Also, if eneloops are cycled in a device a couple times a year, I have seen absolutely no benefit to cycling them in a charger to maintain their condition. Its a waste of time and only puts additional wear and tear in the cell. Cant say thats true about any other brand.

All my nimh cells are charged & tested using maha energy mh-c9000 chargers.

After a quick check on amazon.co.uk, I would rather refrain from acquiring them at this rather questionable price, actually….

I think the seller does that when they run out of stock ,., Saves them the trouble of deleting the listing and then re-listing at extra cost to them

my experience suggests this information is incorrect, so i would want independent confirmation of the results before i accept them.

I wasn’t referring to the silly 1.4k quids asking price, but the 15 sovs that private seller on the right was asking for a set of four. You can actually get twice as many Eneloop AAs for that amount of money.

Wow

I have never paid more than $2 each for eneloops.

The Eneloop AA batteries I have are very hard to beat. And they hold a charge a lot better than all the Duracell and Energizer AA’s I have. But in my opinion the white Tenergy Premium batteries I have are just as good if not better than my Eneloops. I have 8 of these batteries that I keep in my Fenix TK41. I have’nt charged these batteries probably for a year. And they still work just like a fully charged battery. I don’t think my Eneloops will do that. And yes I know the Tenergy white premium batteries are made in China. But I’m telling you the ones I have are awesome.

I bought and tested some 3 year old eneloops that still retained over 80% of their pre-charged capacity, so Im sure they will do at least as well as anything else made. My “Tenergy Premium AA 2500mAh High Capacity NiMH” didnt make it beyond the first years worth of discharge cycles before showing an inability to provide high discharge currents. The eneloops just keep on going where all others have failed.

You guys have convinced me I need some Eneloops, thanks ):

You might want to read this:

poorest batteries

This is what I call impossible!

79% left after 3 months. It's supposed to do that after 3years or more!

Maybe tested them right out of the package?

Where are these test results from originally?

unsubscribed… good luck!

What are we supposed to do with our stones now ?

My eneloopy would never forgive me if I recommended any other brand. :_(

eneloopy does not have to be told :bigsmile:

I used to wonder the same thing until I tried them. I won't use anything else, especially when you can get them at a great price from places like Costco. They discharge slower when not in use, have more life cycles and I swear every light I use them in seems brighter.

Probably just in my head.

anecdotalFoy

are they still available at costco, costco.com doesn’t have any listed