Why Eneloop

It was a couple of years ago. We joined Sam's club since so . . .

notsureFoy

Is that you mother?

Hang on to them, someone else asking for views will be along :wink:

Well in that case, get these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CONTOUR-REAA4RTU-Pre-Charge-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B0079G2S1C/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1369650371&sr=8-2&keywords=contour+battery

They are 2nd gen eneloops. I have 20 and they are as you would expect from Eneloop. Don and HJK have done some tests on these if you do a quick search.

Marc.

My mother’s beard is much better groomed.

Costco, Sams & BJ’s in my area doesn’t carry them anymore, but all of them will gladly sell you primaries to keep you coming back & back :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face: Amazon is the place to get them these days.

I have to agree with daring to question the superiority of Eneloops, eapecially when it comes to AAA lights. AAA batteries are inherently small, low capacity batteries. Because of this, they don’t last long and have to be charged frequently. I find that extra capacity is MUCH more important than whether a battery is still going to be holding any charge in eight months. For me, a good quality non-LSD AAA battery is MUCH more desirable than an Eneloop (or other smaller capacity LSD battery). Of course, in addition to whether the whole LSD thing is actually of value, there is the whole question as to how long a non-LSD battery will last.

Unfortunately, many were not so good in the past (which has led to the belief that there can be no good NiMH batteries besides Eneloops). But I have some that are doing quite well. And based on my experience, I feel like there is a good possibility that at least the quality brand NiMH batteries are MUCH better than those of the past. My Duracell 1000mAH non-LSD batteries have been EXCELLENT. At least in the time frame of a couple of weeks, they hold a charge well. And they have REAL 1000mAH. The same probably can’t be said about brands like Uniross. But good batteries besides Eneloops do indeed exist. And depending on how you use them, they might fit your needs a whole lot better.