Wife......

I had a breakthrough moment last night. My wife actually said, “I like this light”. Never before has that happened in the 30 years I have been collecting. From a 4-D maglight to the SRK’s and beyond. A milestone. Mostly I get eye rolls.

7 Thanks

Well?? What light was it that caused such a monumental achievement?

4 Thanks

I get nothing but eye rolls. Yes, which light?

2 Thanks

You mean she had a breakthrough moment. And finally saw the light.
Or she was mocking you.

1 Thank

Actually been through the washing machine a few times :blush:

4 Thanks

Check around the bed for a large seed-pod kind of thing.

6 Thanks

That wife is a keeper.

1 Thank

Get her one in a color she likes!..massive points!

3 Thanks

My girlfriend stated she wants a flashlight “but only if it is cute”. Wanted to make her a one-off for her birthday but the cercoat shop kept telling me “next week” for over a month now so I couldn’t gift it to her in time :frowning:

2 Thanks

For cute, TS10 wins.

1 Thank

It’s a trap!!

3 Thanks

My wife once asked me for a light to keep in her bedside table. We discussed it and agreed lithium wasn’t for her so i gave her a AA torch. Some time later (6 months or 1yr … or more). She came to me complaining the light doesn’t work. It was honestly the first time she tried to use it and the battery was , course , long dead. Now when she wants light she just asks me.

4 Thanks

My girlfriend start to love flashlights after she roll of stairs and broke hand when we have power failure because of haavy rain.
Now she always has Seeknite S11 on keys and red Manker E02 in her bag.

1 Thank

I have put one on my wife’s keychain olight i3 eos and olight ir2… He didn’t want them but now he wants them

1 Thank

I have three TS-10’s for EDC’s. No-go for the wife. I think they are a little finicky myself. They all have minds of their own.

Got her a Lumintop EDC15. Switched to dedomed 519A for rosy slightly warm light, tighter beam TIR, and had it ceracoated in pink :smile:

I wanted it as small as possible but still 14500 for decent runtimes. 14500 won’t get any smaller than EDC15.

1 Thank

You have the right wife, congratulations.

1 Thank

My partner has a Weltool M8. She doesn’t EDC it, but she definitely carries it when she might need a light (yeah, I know, you might any day, but most people don’t feel that way, hehe…). She also has a DM1.12 she uses less often but has found it invaluable when she does.

My suggestion to getting a partner interested is to listen to what they want. She wanted a zoomie, I got her a zoomie.

3 Thanks

That’s a simple rule and, looking at most reactions, almost always ignored. Don’t think you know better what she wants than she does: just give it to her. Just as long as it is not dangerous. Give her room and time to find out for herself that a certain light is pure crap. And don’t gloat: I told you so.

And when in doubt, consult your classic literature: “The wand chooses the wizard, Mr. Potter.”.
Make sure that drawer in the kitchen contains some wands. Ready for use. She’ll work out the rest.

3 Thanks

I have been reading more and more about Weltool, they look pretty bad ass. Especially T series.

1 Thank