Wow this loo\ks familiar @MF

Mine just turmed up. Glad I checked this thread as I was about to put a 14500 in it

edc let us know how bright it is please! I got one in my cart at manafont..lol

Its bright up close but not distance wise. I am running mine on an eneloop.Great value for money and well made. Pity it wont take a 14500. Its not night time yet but I am happy with it.

Has a lot more throw than a UFH2 and fits the ufh2 headband. Hold switch for 2 seconds to turn off. I am really liking this light.

So is this light "floody". Would it be well suited as a general area light for close-up work? I have no others like this to compare.

-Garry

Not floody at all. On med might be okay for close up work. I like mine.

I am still waiting for mine, but it is good to know you are being happy with yours in general..

I just received mine. I don't know how many of you have bought it, but i would simply say,of course if you trust me, JUST BUY IT AND DON'T ASK WHY!

I had a lot of time to buy something really cheap and getting the standards i am used to, from more expensive flashlights.

Only one thing does bother me, damn chinese manufacturers, raise the PWM, is it so difficult? It is not that low, about 300-400hz,(as in other ugly designs) but it is detectable for me.

As for the positive, will follow!

I will write a review in two days for it, as well as to do some outdoor beamshots of the big guys.

Update. If you have lying around some 60 or so degree frosted tir optics just put it in. Put the o-ring under the TIR optic to retain some waterproofness (save the lens and the reflector just in case). Result? Awesome floody light much like the UF-3D. YAY!

I'll keep mine this way for sure.

Tried to do a beamshots but the focusing of my camera is broken beyond repair.

i received mine, and I am loving it, the finish of it is great, it is difficult to believe how good it is for the price.

The only "con" I found was the spring on the tailcap was soldered in three big solder blobs, I melted it, and now there is not much more to do in my opinion unless you like it floodier, but I really like the flood/throw as is for fishing as I need a bit of throw to see the end of my fishing rods at night.

Detail here showing how it was:

The med mode has enough light for most of the time, and it is consuming on mine about 0.41Ah, what makes about 5h of runtime, and 1.36-1.40Ah on high, which should do almost two hours.

It is working very well on a elastic strip I already had.

AA to me means 14mm in diameter and 50mm long. It doesn't say anything about voltage. Though it probably should.

Did you manage to replace the driver yet Don?

Please be careful using this on HI - there was no thermal compound on mine, and the pill is about the same size of the LED's MPCB !!!

Pics to follow.

The switch is an electronic one, similar to the Ultrafire UF-T50. The switch, combined with very little room due to the 90-degree design, should make the driver swap a challenge.

It's been about a month since I bought a light. I was getting a little twitch in my order finger so I decided this one might be fun withougt costing me much. Two to three weeks and it should be here.

Do not use 14500s with it, not in high mode and strobe. I reckon 14500 in low mod is ok. High mode is like 2.2A with a freshly charged TF Flames and even if it is at 3.3V unloaded, it still drew 1.8A. Low mode is 0.2A. That's way too much for the driver electronics/LED.

Alkalines/NiMH is ok.

And with what Chicago has said above, definitely do not use it in High with 14500. I think someone (Don) already burned his up?

Just some very "rough" readings. 165 lux @ 0.2x amps. 511 lux @ > 2 amps. 14500. Visually that's about 2X as bright.

Here's a pic to highlight the issue at hand.

Please note that the combined thickness of the MPCB and heatsink is slightly less than the adjacent match.

If anyone would like to buy mine, I'll ship it to them for $10 (USA only) It is dismantled, but complete. Please PM with interest.

Anyone taken a chance on NiZn or Energizer lithium primary cell in this light?

I think those Panasonic Oxyride (1.7V) stuff shouldn't be an issue, considering how it behaves at about 3V. AA Lithium primary no issue.

Having just done my r5-a3 to a three mode no strobe, I got to thinking about the Trustfire UF-V4. Has anyone got a good look at the controller board and do you think it might be modable.

I live in hope that strobes go very out of fashion.