Wow this loo\ks familiar @MF

+1 Strongly agree.

What do you think about this as an cheap alternative to Ultrafire UF-b2 and zebralight?

I guess it´s only alkalines or nimh´s with this one, thats fine.

Get one of these and a cheap headband and it'll serve pretty well as a headlamp with decent output. Beam could perhaps do with being a bit wider for close-up headlamp stuff but removing the reflector will fix that.

Hi! I came across this thread while searching for a AA vampire. Wondering if there is a straight head version of this flashlight -thanks!

I´ll give this a raise

Received today:

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/5645#comment-110347

It has a different LED (professionals say it´s a Samsung 3535) than in Don´s pics but I kinda like it.

Spill is wider than in Zebralight, spot is about the same size.

IMO the output on AA Eneloops is suprisingly good for such a cheap thing this is.

Won´t try 14500 since spring gets heavy load with basic batteries already...

Amperages are the same measured on the last page.

All in all, not a bad bugger for 16$.

How do you remove the button??

My driver is dead after using 14500 -
somebody knows a similar replacement?

More about UF-V4 on fonarevka

Welcome to the club, Vadimka_DDD.

EDIT: and rcdoma, too!

It can take 14500's and alkaline's and Eneloops.

The head can pivot, it has a pocket clip, a loop so it could be hung, and (drumroll) a magnet in the tailcap.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/cree-q5-3-mode-310lm-white-1-led-waterproof-flashlight-w-90-degree-pivoting-head-yellow-1x14500-122716

It gets hot in 5 to 10 minutes with 14500's on high.

No problems with the other batteries

It has a throw beam because of the collimating optic.

Brightness on high is about 80 to 90 lumens with alkies and nimh.

About 80% brighter on lithium's.

Terrific hands free utility light when working on stuff.

Aloha and welcome to BLF rcdoma and Vadimka_DDD!

I just received that light and I havent ben thrilled with any of the dozens and dozens of lights I had in hand.

I like the switch placement, I like unusual design, I like versatility and usability.

I LIKE IT A LOT AND IM PRETY PRETY PRETY … cant find the right word :o

I really like it, beam pattenr is great.
I will USE this light, thats for sure…

Built quality is also very good. I know its not very sturdy, but Ill try not to drop it to often :slight_smile:

PS: I put 14500 inside immediately and no rpoblemos :slight_smile:

Glad to know you liked it, I also do like it even that mine doesn’t accept in theory 14500, I won’t try it because it is not that easy to fix it having an electronic switch.

Is it actually an electronic switch? If so does anyone have parasitic drain measurement?

mine died and stoped working after 3-4 days. everything inside looks unburnt but the tail cap looks really oily and already filled up with white shit. whats going on here ? everything inside circuitry looks fine.

OK, Ill test this one for a week than, before buying more.

Are these failures so often with thislight???

mIm also looking to buy a magnet to stick it on the tailcap (did somebody done that?)

@agenthec - I think it is electronic switch, similar to one on SkyRay King.

Ill also try to get some diffuser for that light, maybe tank007 diffuser.

Anybody knows wich tank007 diffuser (or some other) would fit this light?

Why do you think that yours doesnt accept 14500??

I bought my from dinodirect.

I think they are probably totally same lights

EDIT: I used only partially full 14500 with it… probably 3,6-3,8V.
Now Im hesitant to use full 14500.

It gets warm…

All in all, with light for such purposes, it is better to use AA alkalines or NimHs nevertheless (with or without heating problems), because of longer runtime…
And as a headlamp too - I wouldnt like to have on the head something that heats up so much :slight_smile:

These angle lights are great for me to weare oon the belt or on the jacket - much more coomfortable and practical than headlamp…

With half full 14500 it can lit up (very dimly/mildly) brick house at distance of 100 meters :smiley:
That would be its maximum throw.-

But Sipik SK68, if im not mistaken, throws 100 meters without problem…

Im perplexed - is this different than manafont’s than?

One more notice - this one doesnt have Uniquefire written on it. It doesnt have any writings…

Anybody?

Ecig, Don tried with the one from manafont and fried the driver, that is why I won’t try 14500.

Maybe the new batches have a better driver that accepts it.

Ill try it with full 14500 soon.

I want to buy fewof thee lights, but I dont know weather they are reliable (notwithstanding this 14500 matter)

Are these generally reliable? (for budget lights?)