Wrist watches. Post pics, if you EDC one!

I like the new Orient Kamasu, but Orient prices have skyrocketed in recent years. Plus, I already own two Orient watches, so I should probably look into something else. :slight_smile:

Nite Alpha 208 with T100 Tritium markers and a Hexad Oyster SS band from StrapCode

Omega Seamaster. Bought in Germany (UK Army)

1981 Somebody liked it more than me.
Seiko Quartz Divers.

1997 BROKE it……
Citizen Divers with Solar dial. (Frankfurt Duty Free $370 AUD)
Current. It loses around 1 min per yr.
I think I’ve moved pointers 3 times since buying.
Plus one new strap, (Broke it. I’m pretty rough with things)

Good quality watches. worn all the time, inc shower.
Serviced every 5 yrs/resealed.
I think a good mid range watch gives accurate time. forever,
Reliably. and looks good too.
I was a single hander sailor and fisherman.
Aways wet.

Yes, I got some Orients, too; there is little talk of these watches but I have been using them for decades and they are fine, robust and precise

Orient pricing seems to be going to the way of Seiko now that they’re getting more popular. No way I’m going to justify $100 more for the Kano vs a Ray or Mako when it uses the same movement and doesn’t have Sapphire.

Even then, charging so much more for the solid end links and sapphire of the Mako USA and Kamasu (< does that even have solid end links?) is pretty nuts.

Still a better value than over $200 US for the non-hacking, non-handwinding, painted marker SKX though. Yuck.

AFAIK, Mako USA II has SEL. Kamasu does not.

I’ve had this Bertucci A-2T on my wrist for about a month now and just posted a review of it on my site. Super happy with this one, It’s replaced my old Skagen for EDC.

Apple is problematic for many, walled garden, cost, etc. but I work in a 150x180’ shop and listen to music all day long, it allows me control over the music and text capability from anywhere inside the shop. (and more!).
The Apple bands that are better than stock are outrageously priced, there are plenty of aftermarket bands but they weren’t doing it for me.
I’ve always wanted a Twist-o-Flex and they offer one for the watch but it was sold out and, like many bands, seem small compared to the giant 44mm apple watch.
Speidel makes a Wide Twist-o-Flex that I was able to get working with some connectors with a 24mm inside capacity.
Anyway, to my eye the wider band looks more appropriate and, after removing one too many links and figuring out how to put one back on, have it sized for a comfortable fit.
Tinypic has gone insane with popups and other issues so I’m trying imgur at the advice of other members in the BLF board. Here goes nothing….

I like the look of that apple watch, bansuri. I wish I could get it for android.

This one arrived today:

i like an ‘ana -digi’
to me it seems logical to have hands for time, then actual numbers for date, stopwatch, alarm setting, timers, etc

wle

!

!

I wish there were more digital/ana-digi watches around the size of the DW-5600 or smaller. Basically all of the G-Shocks I see are simply massive.

I understand the versions with sensors may have to be larger but if they don’t have those features I don’t understand why Casio can’t make a durable, feature-packed resin watch that can actually fit under a cuff comfortably and doesn’t look straight out of the 80s (nothing but love for the 5600, something different would just be cool).

Google says the dw5600 is 45mm wide. That ASQ800W I posted above is only 42mm wide - smaller than G-Shocks and other Tough Solars, which is why I bought it, so it doesn’t look ridiculous on my small wrist.

Well that one might be in the running for a real beater watch for me. The square G-shocks like the DW5600 do wear smaller than round ones of the same diameter too though.

Just a word of caution: date display is really tiny on it, and you can’t see weekday and day of the month at the same time, which is unfortunate as I am so used to seeing it on all my other watches, including the cheap $16 Casio ‘diver’ which has been my beater for the past year or so.

I’m used to that luckily, one of my favorite “anywhere” watches is the Citizen BM7100 and the date window on that is small and deep so its poorly lit almost all the time.

Not my pic, I put the stock bracelet from my Ray II on mine(it fits perfectly):

Lume shot. It’s nice, but short lived.

Not bad! Is the “light” button for electroluminscence on the screen or an LED pointed at the face?

Just a screen backlight.

Timex 40th anniversary.

Ugh, unable to upload an image :frowning: