Wrist watches. Post pics, if you EDC one!

@a1penguin : right click > Open the link in a new tab, then right click > copy the address (link) of the image :

Timex 40th anniversary.

Awesome!

I love the look of Timex digital watches.

I have shopped for other companies' digital watches, but I always go with Timex.

New SKMEI:

that doesn;t look bad, what is its model number or aliexpress link?

price>?

wle

Looks like Skmei 1278 which is a Casio W96H knock off.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000AQVSA0

It’s the 1278. You can find it on Aliexpress here in a couple of colors.
Surprisingly the SKMEI comes with 5 daily alarms and a different backlight (it illuminates the numbers instead of the background) and it’s also slightly bigger compared to the Casio.

Description says the 1278 is 39mm wide. Does this sound accurate?

Also, can it permamently stay in the black background/white digits mode, or is this just a temporary illumination mode?

I measured 38.5 mm with the buttons included. The backlight is momentary (~ 2 sec).

Thanks. Considering the price, it’s tempting, although I already picked up two other beater watches recently.

This one is the best ~5$ watch I got so far!

Sure, the dial is plastic, there’s no lume whatsoever and the strap is not great…

But it keeps good time (the second hand is well aligned with the indexes!). The glass is scratch resistant (tested with a knife).

For this price, can’t complain! (well, make it a little smaller and with brushed finish instead of glossy)

Someone mention g shocks, :slight_smile:

[quote=AgentSteel]
This one is the best ~5$ watch I got so far!

Sure, the dial is plastic, there’s no lume whatsoever and the strap is not great…

But it keeps good time (the second hand is well aligned with the indexes!). The glass is scratch resistant (tested with a knife).

For this price, can’t complain! (well, make it a little smaller and with brushed finish instead of glossy)

<

special bonus too: no unpronounceable name like TRGFESXX or AZHGFEREW (chinese example brands)

Get yourself a scothbrite pad and some painters tape to protect the crystal and you can have that puppy brushed in no time. I use them for removing scratches from bracelets and other brushed finish or putting a bit of brushing where I prefer it.

That dial looks very similar to the BM7100 I love so much, I wonder what the original inspiration for that sort of sectioned dial with plain black or sunburst behind the indices and patterned in the center is.

New G-Shock wannabe from SKMEI :slight_smile:

Seiko Monster Gen 2

Nice! I have a gen 2 with a black face. Great watch!

pretty!

Agreed … my Gen 2 Yobokies Mod.

Just took mine off, still going strong after years.

Beautiful mods guys. I wish I was capable of doing mods to watches. My hands aren’t as steady as they used to be to do that kind of work anymore. It comes with age I guess.