Australia Based Deals / Info / Links / Discussion

577 posts / 0 new
Last post
lionheart_2281
lionheart_2281's picture
Offline
Last seen: 21 min 41 sec ago
Joined: 10/25/2012 - 18:32
Posts: 3131
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Paying for the right to go fishing…is the rest of the forum laughing at us yet?
Can’t go for a walk down the street in Australia without being taxed for it

everydaysurvivalgear
everydaysurvivalgear's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 11 hours ago
Joined: 07/31/2015 - 10:25
Posts: 3757
Location: sydney australia (GMT+10)
lionheart_2281 wrote:
Paying for the right to go fishing…is the rest of the forum laughing at us yet? Can’t go for a walk down the street in Australia without being taxed for it
Did you move or am i tripping?

I 100% we should not have to pay to fish or if we do they should at least put 100% of the money into marine conservation and water ways funded programs. Not splurge the cash on equipment so they can get around to fine us! From what i know not all states require a fishing license.
Plus now they are making it compulsory to wear life jackets when rock fishing which just makes fishing harder for every one. How about take some of the money we pay and put swimming programs in schools. I am all for safety but more water awareness programs could be utilized instead of making us wear life jackets.

Its common in America also i watch a few fishing channels they get pulled up a bit and checked for licenses over there the rangers carry guns and all lol.

lionheart_2281
lionheart_2281's picture
Offline
Last seen: 21 min 41 sec ago
Joined: 10/25/2012 - 18:32
Posts: 3131
Location: Brisbane, Australia
everydaysurvivalgear wrote:
lionheart_2281 wrote:
Paying for the right to go fishing…is the rest of the forum laughing at us yet? Can’t go for a walk down the street in Australia without being taxed for it
Did you move or am i tripping?

I 100% we should not have to pay to fish or if we do they should at least put 100% of the money into marine conservation and water ways funded programs. Not splurge the cash on equipment so they can get around to fine us! From what i know not all states require a fishing license.
Plus now they are making it compulsory to wear life jackets when rock fishing which just makes fishing harder for every one. How about take some of the money we pay and put swimming programs in schools. I am all for safety but more water awareness programs could be utilized instead of making us wear life jackets.

Its common in America also i watch a few fishing channels they get pulled up a bit and checked for licenses over there the rangers carry guns and all lol.

Keen eye buddy, yeah I got sick of the Sydney rat race and moved to beautiful Brissy, best decision of my life. I still watch all your YouTube videos though, keen up the excellent work.
I’d be happy paying to fish as well if the money went exactly as you stated above, especially as I’m a scuba diver as well.

everydaysurvivalgear
everydaysurvivalgear's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 11 hours ago
Joined: 07/31/2015 - 10:25
Posts: 3757
Location: sydney australia (GMT+10)
lionheart_2281 wrote:
everydaysurvivalgear wrote:
lionheart_2281 wrote:
Paying for the right to go fishing…is the rest of the forum laughing at us yet? Can’t go for a walk down the street in Australia without being taxed for it
Did you move or am i tripping?

I 100% we should not have to pay to fish or if we do they should at least put 100% of the money into marine conservation and water ways funded programs. Not splurge the cash on equipment so they can get around to fine us! From what i know not all states require a fishing license.
Plus now they are making it compulsory to wear life jackets when rock fishing which just makes fishing harder for every one. How about take some of the money we pay and put swimming programs in schools. I am all for safety but more water awareness programs could be utilized instead of making us wear life jackets.

Its common in America also i watch a few fishing channels they get pulled up a bit and checked for licenses over there the rangers carry guns and all lol.

Keen eye buddy, yeah I got sick of the Sydney rat race and moved to beautiful Brissy, best decision of my life. I still watch all your YouTube videos though, keen up the excellent work.
I’d be happy paying to fish as well if the money went exactly as you stated above, especially as I’m a scuba diver as well.

Yea i am looking into moving also the area has gone down hill its way to busy now. I was eyeing out Melbourne but prices are high there also but i like the atmosphere. Not a fan of Queensland the weather is to hot lol but you get good bang for buck.

Me and my mates spear fish heaps at Laperouse when its a bit warmer.

everydaysurvivalgear
everydaysurvivalgear's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 11 hours ago
Joined: 07/31/2015 - 10:25
Posts: 3757
Location: sydney australia (GMT+10)

I posted this deal on Ozbargain and forgot to post here. Most stock is probably gone so call up first! I know heap of members on here are on Ozbargain some even with the same name.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/bosch-blue-18v-2-piece-brushless-heavy-duty-...

The Bosch Brushless Destroyer is extremely powerful due to its 75 Nm hard torque. It also has a full metal chuck and is very convenient thanks to the KickBack Control and Precision Clutch.

The GDR Impact Driver’s optimised head length makes working in narrow places simple, along with it’s compact and ergonomic grip design to make for a comfortable fatigue free application.

The 18V 2 Piece Brushless Heavy Duty Destroyer Kit contains:

  • 18V GSB Brushless Destroyer Hammer Drill Skin
  • 18V GDR Brushless Impact Driver Skin
  • 2 × 5.0Ah 18V-Li Batteries
  • AL1860CV Fast ChargerTool Bag
  • Electronic motor protection ensures longer motor lifetime by protecting it from overloading
  • Electronic cell protection for long lasting battery life by preventing overload
  • Heavy duty tool bag makes for easy transport of tools and accessories

This seems like a good deal! Drill has heaps of power i think it may be the same drill or similiar as the Ebay scam that was going.

Impact driver link
http://www.bosch-pt.com.au/au/en/cordless-impact-driver-gdr-18-v-ec-2255...

Drill link
http://www.bosch-pt.com.au/au/en/cordless-drilldriver-gsr-18-ve-ec-22559...

everydaysurvivalgear
everydaysurvivalgear's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 11 hours ago
Joined: 07/31/2015 - 10:25
Posts: 3757
Location: sydney australia (GMT+10)

Should we start a new thread for Australian Amazon deals or keep this thread?

MRsDNF
MRsDNF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/22/2011 - 21:18
Posts: 13473
Location: A light beam away from the missus in the land of Aus.

I’m easy.
I was driving around the back blocks of Dandenong yesterday and said to the guys I was with, that warehouse would look good in my backyard. It was the new Amazon warehouse.

 

djozz quotes, "it came with chinese lettering that is chinese to me".

                      "My man mousehole needs one too"

old4570 said "I'm not an expert , so don't suffer from any such technical restrictions".

Old-Lumens. Highly admired and cherished member of Budget Light Forum. 11.5.2011 - 20.12.16. RIP.

 

everydaysurvivalgear
everydaysurvivalgear's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 11 hours ago
Joined: 07/31/2015 - 10:25
Posts: 3757
Location: sydney australia (GMT+10)
MRsDNF wrote:
I’m easy. I was driving around the back blocks of Dandenong yesterday and said to the guys I was with, that warehouse would look good in my backyard. It was the new Amazon warehouse.

Is it big?

They where supposed to soft launch today but nothing so far.

We will see what they bring i guess. So far Thorfire have said they will be selling from there.

lionheart_2281
lionheart_2281's picture
Offline
Last seen: 21 min 41 sec ago
Joined: 10/25/2012 - 18:32
Posts: 3131
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Keep the deals here I reckon, still Aussie deals

DoNkEyConN
DoNkEyConN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 09/28/2017 - 04:17
Posts: 409
Location: Brisvegas, Australia

subscribing Cash

MRsDNF
MRsDNF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/22/2011 - 21:18
Posts: 13473
Location: A light beam away from the missus in the land of Aus.

The warehouse itself was massive. The carpark was full of cars so there was quite a few people working there.

 

djozz quotes, "it came with chinese lettering that is chinese to me".

                      "My man mousehole needs one too"

old4570 said "I'm not an expert , so don't suffer from any such technical restrictions".

Old-Lumens. Highly admired and cherished member of Budget Light Forum. 11.5.2011 - 20.12.16. RIP.

 

stephenk
stephenk's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 4 hours ago
Joined: 01/30/2016 - 05:09
Posts: 1854
Location: Australia

everydaysurvivalgear wrote:
Should we start a new thread for Australian Amazon deals or keep this thread?

That would be a thread for tons of $2 zoomies with fake LEDs being sold for $20?
ChibiM
ChibiM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 05/09/2011 - 10:25
Posts: 6775
Location: Holland

Not sure if this eneloop deal is still on? But if so, id be interested to know how much it cost to ship a pack to the Netherlands. I tried to become a member but the system harshly rejected me because I'm not living in OZ Sad

 

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/340335

 

MRsDNF
MRsDNF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/22/2011 - 21:18
Posts: 13473
Location: A light beam away from the missus in the land of Aus.

I’d love to help out anytime.

 

djozz quotes, "it came with chinese lettering that is chinese to me".

                      "My man mousehole needs one too"

old4570 said "I'm not an expert , so don't suffer from any such technical restrictions".

Old-Lumens. Highly admired and cherished member of Budget Light Forum. 11.5.2011 - 20.12.16. RIP.

 

skinny_tie
skinny_tie's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 19 hours ago
Joined: 09/23/2017 - 03:14
Posts: 528
Location: Australia

olightstore.com.au has up to 40% off – looks like there are some ok deals.

https://www.olightstore.com.au/black-friday/

everydaysurvivalgear
everydaysurvivalgear's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 11 hours ago
Joined: 07/31/2015 - 10:25
Posts: 3757
Location: sydney australia (GMT+10)
ChibiM wrote:

Not sure if this eneloop deal is still on? But if so, id be interested to know how much it cost to ship a pack to the Netherlands. I tried to become a member but the system harshly rejected me because I’m not living in OZ Sad


 


https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/340335


 

Hey Chibim Ozbargain is a site where we post deals they dont actually sell anything. The actual deal is at a Costco store in Sydney which you have to be a member to access. Also the deal has been up for ages i doubt any are left.

MRsDNF
MRsDNF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/22/2011 - 21:18
Posts: 13473
Location: A light beam away from the missus in the land of Aus.

Yes that deal is over. I went looking for a search function on the Costco website but couldn’t find one.

 

djozz quotes, "it came with chinese lettering that is chinese to me".

                      "My man mousehole needs one too"

old4570 said "I'm not an expert , so don't suffer from any such technical restrictions".

Old-Lumens. Highly admired and cherished member of Budget Light Forum. 11.5.2011 - 20.12.16. RIP.

 

mapache
mapache's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 4 days ago
Joined: 08/10/2015 - 09:34
Posts: 1212
Location: Vic, Aus

Maybe I am slow today but how does one access the Amazon AU site?

I thought there was a targeted launch yesterday and a general launch today. The AU site is still ebooks.

everydaysurvivalgear
everydaysurvivalgear's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 11 hours ago
Joined: 07/31/2015 - 10:25
Posts: 3757
Location: sydney australia (GMT+10)

Yea same here i am getting nothing yet weird?

While i am here Dewalt is having a black Friday sale here in Australia so most retailers are stocking this for around $199 and Bunnings and Toolmart have it for $189. Seems really cheap for a hammer decent drill plus you get the big battery.

https://www.guaranteedtough.com.au/blackfriday/

  • 1 x DCD796 – Brushless Hammer Drill Driver
  • 1 x DCB546 – 18V-6AH, 54V-2AH Flexvolt Battery
  • 1 x DCB115 – Battery Charger
  • Brushless Motor Technology for excellent efficiency
  • Ultra compact, lightweight design allows use in confined spaces
  • Two speed all metal transmission for increased runtime and longer tool life
  • Drill Driver and Hammer feature for multiple applications
  • Intelligent trigger design allows for total control of application
  • Improved ergonomic design with rubber grip over mould improving users comfort
  • Improved air flow to the motor for cooler electronics and increased power
  • Part of the intelligent XR Lithium Ion Series designed for efficiency and making applications faster

I cant find much information but apparently its 70NM torque. I just herd the add on the radio now its a one day only sale!

MRsDNF
MRsDNF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/22/2011 - 21:18
Posts: 13473
Location: A light beam away from the missus in the land of Aus.

mapache wrote:
Maybe I am slow today but how does one access the Amazon AU site?

I thought there was a targeted launch yesterday and a general launch today. The AU site is still ebooks.


I read somewhere it was only open to a select few. For how long I have no idea.

 

djozz quotes, "it came with chinese lettering that is chinese to me".

                      "My man mousehole needs one too"

old4570 said "I'm not an expert , so don't suffer from any such technical restrictions".

Old-Lumens. Highly admired and cherished member of Budget Light Forum. 11.5.2011 - 20.12.16. RIP.

 

mapache
mapache's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 4 days ago
Joined: 08/10/2015 - 09:34
Posts: 1212
Location: Vic, Aus

^ I thought that was yesterday and today was supposedly a general launch. I guess the launch date was from the same source as the free ice cream.

Suncoaster
Suncoaster's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 4 days ago
Joined: 02/22/2012 - 07:14
Posts: 2192
Location: Where the girls are green and the grass is pretty.

Google is finding some content but the front door is not open yet:
https://www.amazon.com/AU/pages/9525165011

Maybe not the same as https://www.amazon.com.au content.

"In the land of the blond the one eyed man is king."

*This message is protected with ROT26 encryption.Old Lumens

mapache
mapache's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 4 days ago
Joined: 08/10/2015 - 09:34
Posts: 1212
Location: Vic, Aus


SCA has a 14500 USB Rechargeable headlamp on sale for $9.90. No idea if it is any good, however one review states that the 14500 is “built in”.

EDit- Just realised this is delivery only.

MRsDNF
MRsDNF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/22/2011 - 21:18
Posts: 13473
Location: A light beam away from the missus in the land of Aus.

Looks interesting. I’ll have to order one when I get home for curiosity sake.

 

djozz quotes, "it came with chinese lettering that is chinese to me".

                      "My man mousehole needs one too"

old4570 said "I'm not an expert , so don't suffer from any such technical restrictions".

Old-Lumens. Highly admired and cherished member of Budget Light Forum. 11.5.2011 - 20.12.16. RIP.

 

Suncoaster
Suncoaster's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 4 days ago
Joined: 02/22/2012 - 07:14
Posts: 2192
Location: Where the girls are green and the grass is pretty.

Thanks.
They appear to be these: http://favourlight.com/products/headlight/details/ah0tc1n002
Favourlight

Or you can get one with two CR123As !!
http://favourlight.com/products/headlight/details/ahl0c2l001

Not on my head thanks.

"In the land of the blond the one eyed man is king."

*This message is protected with ROT26 encryption.Old Lumens

MRsDNF
MRsDNF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/22/2011 - 21:18
Posts: 13473
Location: A light beam away from the missus in the land of Aus.

No sense of adventure?

 

djozz quotes, "it came with chinese lettering that is chinese to me".

                      "My man mousehole needs one too"

old4570 said "I'm not an expert , so don't suffer from any such technical restrictions".

Old-Lumens. Highly admired and cherished member of Budget Light Forum. 11.5.2011 - 20.12.16. RIP.

 

Suncoaster
Suncoaster's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 4 days ago
Joined: 02/22/2012 - 07:14
Posts: 2192
Location: Where the girls are green and the grass is pretty.

Maybe with an 18650 instead of two CR123As.

"In the land of the blond the one eyed man is king."

*This message is protected with ROT26 encryption.Old Lumens

skinny_tie
skinny_tie's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 19 hours ago
Joined: 09/23/2017 - 03:14
Posts: 528
Location: Australia
mapache wrote:
SCA has a 14500 USB Rechargeable headlamp on sale for $9.90.

Thanks mapache! I need a headlamp, and when I logged in to the SCA site I discovered I has credit, so I got two for $0.

everydaysurvivalgear
everydaysurvivalgear's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 11 hours ago
Joined: 07/31/2015 - 10:25
Posts: 3757
Location: sydney australia (GMT+10)

Yea i was looking at the Supercheap Multimeters they are re-bagged UNI-T meters at a marked up price.

MRsDNF
MRsDNF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/22/2011 - 21:18
Posts: 13473
Location: A light beam away from the missus in the land of Aus.

Cant pick the headlamp up in store. $7.50 for postage.

 

djozz quotes, "it came with chinese lettering that is chinese to me".

                      "My man mousehole needs one too"

old4570 said "I'm not an expert , so don't suffer from any such technical restrictions".

Old-Lumens. Highly admired and cherished member of Budget Light Forum. 11.5.2011 - 20.12.16. RIP.

 

Pages