XM-L U2 on DX!

27 posts / 0 new
Last post
Andi
Andi's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 01/22/2011 - 08:08
Posts: 333
Location: Germany
XM-L U2 on DX!

20mm board

16mm board

 

infos from dx:

Cree XM-L brightness at 3.oA:
T5 845-910 lm @ 3.0A
T6 910-975 lm @ 3.0A*
U2 975-1040 lm @ 3.0A
U3 1040-1105 lm @ 3.0A

 

fran82
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 16 hours ago
Joined: 07/31/2010 - 10:15
Posts: 2602

When CREE anounced the U2?

I dont beleive it.......... or maybe I am wrong I dont know....

Usually, CREE anounces new leds several weeks before

Enjoy BLF

xP.1337
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 09/02/2010 - 13:31
Posts: 537
Location: PA, USA

u2 was announced at release but hasnt been available.

http://www.dealextreme.com/forums/Forums.dx/Forum.-209~threadid.530221

FlashPilot
FlashPilot's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 48 min ago
Joined: 05/10/2010 - 16:07
Posts: 4870
Location: USA

U2, huh? You'll be holding your breath an awful long time with DX and they'll probably send T6 bins about 2-3 months after you order.

aurum
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 08/09/2010 - 07:59
Posts: 109
Location: Germany

U2 bin is available @ taobao for some weeks ...

Piers
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 2 months ago
Joined: 01/18/2011 - 20:31
Posts: 896
Location: Bolton, UK

It's really unlikely they are genuine.

The Cree datasheet for the XM-L's was updated 3days ago, but still doesn't have order codes for the U2.

Surely they would be there if it was available?

jb1
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 42 min ago
Joined: 02/07/2011 - 13:21
Posts: 527
Location: Texas

Does anyone have a guess when we'll start seeing the U2 and U3 show up in flashlights?

brted
brted's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 1 week ago
Joined: 01/12/2010 - 19:44
Posts: 2371
Location: Atlanta

jb1 wrote:

Does anyone have a guess when we'll start seeing the U2 and U3 show up in flashlights?

Maybe never. When the XP-G came out over a year ago, it was immediately available in a R5 bin. Except for a few S2's and S3's that only seemed to be available to a couple of manufacturers (and will be gone soon), the higher bins never came.

srfreddy
Offline
Last seen: 9 years 9 months ago
Joined: 02/16/2011 - 22:07
Posts: 411
Location: New England

Well, the S2's weren't THAT great, in the main producer of them, 4Sevens. The tint bin they got access to was very green. The only decent S2 torches were the Christmas ITP set, which is also useful. (USB rechargable 18650 torch+Awesome keychain light+solar charger with built in batteries AND flashlight? Yes please.) They were a yellow white. 

photon1k
photon1k's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 3 months ago
Joined: 02/11/2011 - 23:29
Posts: 901
Location: Lotus Land, Canada

srfreddy wrote:

Well, the S2's weren't THAT great, in the main producer of them, 4Sevens. The tint bin they got access to was very green.

+1

I have four of the S2 lights fom 47s and all of them are quite green.

rollcage
Offline
Last seen: 10 years 11 months ago
Joined: 03/05/2011 - 07:19
Posts: 15
Location: Doon City,

So what that says a flashlight using U2, do we have to build them via DIY kits?

Andi
Andi's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 01/22/2011 - 08:08
Posts: 333
Location: Germany

After measure the last two premade XM-L lights (@high=1,4A), i think, it´s the best and build a one. *gg*

Now, ever i buy a XM-L flashlight, i hope, it has a "XM-L driver" inside.

 

A flashlight with XM-L U2 with 1,4A @high is "useless"/"waste".

 

frills
Offline
Last seen: 9 years 8 months ago
Joined: 02/27/2011 - 03:50
Posts: 39

More green in the output will inflate the lumen rating due to the eye's sensitivity to green, which lumen measurement is biased towards. It doesn't surprise me that this tint is common among the highest bin emitters. If they're barely making it into that bin, it becomes more likely that the tint is what tips the scale.

arenat
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 12 months ago
Joined: 11/22/2010 - 01:00
Posts: 367
Location: Argentina

I suspect the same frill, also the filter of cheap light meters are 'biased' , before got my lightmeter I performed several measures with a solar panel which give readings of incandescents bulbs accord the lumen flux state for the manufacturer in comparison with white leds of knowing flux, when test the same incandescent with the light meter the readings are lower by much, almost a third or less..

srfreddy
Offline
Last seen: 9 years 9 months ago
Joined: 02/16/2011 - 22:07
Posts: 411
Location: New England

4Sevens has a ANSI certified lab do their readings. 

Andi
Andi's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 01/22/2011 - 08:08
Posts: 333
Location: Germany

XM-L U2 now also on: LCK-LED

 

arenat
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 12 months ago
Joined: 11/22/2010 - 01:00
Posts: 367
Location: Argentina

Andi wrote:

XM-L U2 now also on: LCK-LED

 

I have one on the way shipped a week ago, updates soon..

FlashPilot
FlashPilot's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 48 min ago
Joined: 05/10/2010 - 16:07
Posts: 4870
Location: USA

Andi wrote:

XM-L U2 now also on: LCK-LED

How did your LCK-LED U2 XML compare to your other samples? Is it as white as your cutter U2?

Andi
Andi's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 01/22/2011 - 08:08
Posts: 333
Location: Germany

I have not ordered from LCK-LED, don´t know. Wink

Meanwhile i have tested a XML U2 2S (from Cutter) in a C8, but against a 1A, or 1C it was less bright.

(had 2 C8´s and could compare to a 1C)

Chanched it back to a XML U2 1A....much brighter in a C8.

 

ergotelis
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 17 hours ago
Joined: 07/08/2011 - 20:36
Posts: 218
Location: Greece/Crete

Ι have bought many U2 from cutter and LCK, both are better than T6 binned leds, and the performance is mixed, some LCK U2 are better than Cutters' leds, but some cutters' U2 are better than LCK U2 too. As for the color, can't really tell the difference, both are white!!!

FlashPilot
FlashPilot's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 48 min ago
Joined: 05/10/2010 - 16:07
Posts: 4870
Location: USA

Thanks for the comparisons and comments guys. I'll buy some from LCK-LED and see how they work out.

feilox
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/21/2012 - 04:42
Posts: 844
Location: wisconsin, usa

waiting for U3 to come out.. looks better. Almost feels like computer upgrades.. the longe u wait the better the technology… u5 XM-L in 2014!

Don wrote:
It sounds like the XM LEDs won’t really be suitable for flashlight use. Pity…

Bort
Bort's picture
Online
Last seen: 7 min 36 sec ago
Joined: 06/01/2012 - 17:15
Posts: 8901
Location: Holding the proverbial flashlight

Supposedly there are several U2 lights out already, the cyclone C88 claims to be a U2 light, and the U2 bin has been on cree datasheets for some time now.

If only there was a way for us to tell which bin our XM-Ls are.

http://www.intl-outdoor.com/cyclone-c88-xml-u2-910lm-flashlight-p-349.ht...

Is match interested in testing a cyclone or other u2 equipped light (can someone get him one)?

The Journal of Alternative Facts

"It is critical that there is a credible academic source for the growing and important discipline of Alternative Facts. This field of study will just keep winning, and we knew that all the best people would want to be on board. There is a real risk in the world today that people might be getting their information about science from actual scientists."

 

PilotPTK
Offline
Last seen: 8 years 5 months ago
Joined: 09/04/2011 - 21:53
Posts: 1736
Location: Michigan, USA

Bort wrote:
Supposedly there are several U2 lights out already, the cyclone C88 claims to be a U2 light, and the U2 bin has been on cree datasheets for some time now.
If only there was a way for us to tell which bin our XM-Ls are.

http://www.intl-outdoor.com/cyclone-c88-xml-u2-910lm-flashlight-p-349.ht...

Is match interested in testing a cyclone or other u2 equipped light (can someone get him one)?

Welcome back from your year long nap. U2 Has been out and available for quite some time. This thread was dug up from some time back in 2011.

I am currently extremely busy with work. Please do not expect a response from me quickly. I will be dropping in as time permits, but the amount of time I can dedicate to responding to topics and PMs is very limited.

Bort
Bort's picture
Online
Last seen: 7 min 36 sec ago
Joined: 06/01/2012 - 17:15
Posts: 8901
Location: Holding the proverbial flashlight

PilotPTK wrote:
Bort wrote:
Supposedly there are several U2 lights out already, the cyclone C88 claims to be a U2 light, and the U2 bin has been on cree datasheets for some time now.
If only there was a way for us to tell which bin our XM-Ls are.

http://www.intl-outdoor.com/cyclone-c88-xml-u2-910lm-flashlight-p-349.ht...

Is match interested in testing a cyclone or other u2 equipped light (can someone get him one)?

Welcome back from your year long nap. U2 Has been out and available for quite some time. This thread was dug up from some time back in 2011.


I didn’t resurrect the thread, but its apparent that i should start looking at post dates before replying to posts that are old with a new post.

The Journal of Alternative Facts

"It is critical that there is a credible academic source for the growing and important discipline of Alternative Facts. This field of study will just keep winning, and we knew that all the best people would want to be on board. There is a real risk in the world today that people might be getting their information about science from actual scientists."

 

PilotPTK
Offline
Last seen: 8 years 5 months ago
Joined: 09/04/2011 - 21:53
Posts: 1736
Location: Michigan, USA

Bort wrote:
PilotPTK wrote:
Bort wrote:
Supposedly there are several U2 lights out already, the cyclone C88 claims to be a U2 light, and the U2 bin has been on cree datasheets for some time now.
If only there was a way for us to tell which bin our XM-Ls are.

http://www.intl-outdoor.com/cyclone-c88-xml-u2-910lm-flashlight-p-349.ht...

Is match interested in testing a cyclone or other u2 equipped light (can someone get him one)?

Welcome back from your year long nap. U2 Has been out and available for quite some time. This thread was dug up from some time back in 2011.


I didn’t resurrect the thread, but its apparent that i should start looking at post dates before replying to posts that are old with a new post.

hehe.. It happens Smile

I am currently extremely busy with work. Please do not expect a response from me quickly. I will be dropping in as time permits, but the amount of time I can dedicate to responding to topics and PMs is very limited.

Ledsmoke
Ledsmoke's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 2 days ago
Joined: 08/08/2011 - 16:05
Posts: 1995
Location: Denmark

Don't worry too much about that Bort.

It just goes to show that you use the forum's past post to learn from. Perhaps you found this during a search or just got carried away when looking for interesting posts. It happens to everybody that doesn't only lok at the recent posts.

Hope you find something interesting Smile

~ Ledsmoke ~

Dutch humor:

[quote=djozz]

 I do not think that the BLF-community ben