Wow..7200 mAh 26650 batteries

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
DayLighter
DayLighter's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 6 months ago
Joined: 11/29/2012 - 01:22
Posts: 2829
Location: New York City
Wow..7200 mAh 26650 batteries

Whoaa.. for 26650 batteries, it’s up to 7200mAh now? :bigsmile:
7200 mAh 26650 batteries

The only way to do a great work is to love what you do.

tatasal
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 51 min ago
Joined: 02/15/2012 - 08:40
Posts: 5657
Location: Far East

Another Ultrafire with a different color scheme…7200mAh…hmmmm

TSellers
TSellers's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 02/12/2013 - 22:27
Posts: 958
Location: AB, CDN

This made me think of a note I got from a friend this morning.

He tells me he just bought 2 of these 7600lm Bike Lights for $62.00 each from eBay that he going to use for driving lights.

I point out to him that Fasttech has the same light $7.00 less, and call it a 4000lm light.

I also question the usefullness and value of the apparently sealed battery pack.

I advised him that when he gets the lights he should leave the seller negative feedback and tell him if he revises his lumen estimate to 4000 and refunds $7.00 per light he’ll change the feedback to positive.

Regards, TS

B42
B42's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 03/07/2013 - 21:03
Posts: 1876

I forget the official specs, Ultrafire is divide by 3 for capacity, and roll a 1 on a 20 sided die for explosion?

TheGloriousTachikoma
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 9 months ago
Joined: 08/22/2013 - 09:23
Posts: 946
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Yeah, Ultrafire make good to great lights (I love this C1 I have). The only ____Fire-brand batteries that are any good are Trustfire flames. Otherwise, stick to AW/Panasonic/Sanyo/Samsung.

Unless HKJ says otherwise.

bibihang
bibihang's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 11/10/2011 - 09:32
Posts: 2445
Location: Malaysia

You forgot to do the math,

7200mah / 6 = 1200mah each :bigsmile:

DayLighter
DayLighter's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 6 months ago
Joined: 11/29/2012 - 01:22
Posts: 2829
Location: New York City

bibihang wrote:
You forgot to do the math,

7200mah / 6 = 1200mah each :bigsmile:


+1 Big Smile

The only way to do a great work is to love what you do.

leaftye
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/25/2012 - 17:43
Posts: 4278
Location: San Diego, CA

bibihang wrote:
You forgot to do the math, 7200mah / 6 = 1200mah each :bigsmile:
 

±300 mAh per cell.  More - than +.

The low mode should be lower.

panthervision23
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 11 months ago
Joined: 02/19/2013 - 00:37
Posts: 545

Rechargeable battery pack? That’s a good one!

tangdella
Offline
Last seen: 8 years 3 weeks ago
Joined: 09/05/2013 - 05:53
Posts: 19

Is this one the protected type?
I see it says “Rechargeable battery with PCB”, this means the protected, right?

All LED/LightingWill.com/LED flash light

B42
B42's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 03/07/2013 - 21:03
Posts: 1876
tangdella wrote:
Is this one the protected type? I see it says “Rechargeable battery with PCB”, this means the protected, right?

Sure, if you are lucky the protection actually works…seriously…Ultrafire batteries are very poor quality typically. I wasnt joking with the 1/3 capacity probability, 1/6 that others posted is even possible. I had some 1/2, 1/3 and 1/10th capacity. The ones with 1/2 and 1/3 capacity started to degrade after only a few charges…then I researched more and never bought Ultrafire batteries again.

DBSAR
DBSAR's picture
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 49 min ago
Joined: 02/11/2013 - 23:28
Posts: 6389
Location: Newfoundland, Canada

i noticed there is no PCB on the bottoms of these super-cells that claim to be protected. :Sp

That Canadian flashlight guy & Lantern Guru -Den / DBSARlight

unknown00101
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 5 days ago
Joined: 08/16/2013 - 11:53
Posts: 4344
Location: USA
B42 wrote:
tangdella wrote:
Is this one the protected type? I see it says “Rechargeable battery with PCB”, this means the protected, right?

Sure, if you are lucky the protection actually works…seriously…Ultrafire batteries are very poor quality typically. I wasnt joking with the 1/3 capacity probability, 1/6 that others posted is even possible. I had some 1/2, 1/3 and 1/10th capacity. The ones with 1/2 and 1/3 capacity started to degrade after only a few charges…then I researched more and never bought Ultrafire batteries again.

Similar situation recently, resulted in 3 doa batteries, 1 dud after single use, and 1 that worked but was ultimately trashed when I was informed how vastly unreliable Ultrafires are.

I would stick to tried and true brands; I’ve got some nitecores and panasonics that have yet to disappoint (nitecores going on about 3 yrs old, panasonics are new with heavy use over the last ~month).

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 18092
Location: Amsterdam

unknown00101 wrote:
B42 wrote:
tangdella wrote:
Is this one the protected type? I see it says "Rechargeable battery with PCB", this means the protected, right?
Sure, if you are lucky the protection actually works...seriously...Ultrafire batteries are very poor quality typically. I wasnt joking with the 1/3 capacity probability, 1/6 that others posted is even possible. I had some 1/2, 1/3 and 1/10th capacity. The ones with 1/2 and 1/3 capacity started to degrade after only a few charges...then I researched more and never bought Ultrafire batteries again.
Similar situation recently, resulted in 3 doa batteries, 1 dud after single use, and 1 that worked but was ultimately trashed when I was informed how vastly unreliable Ultrafires are. I would stick to tried and true brands; I've got some nitecores and panasonics that have yet to disappoint (nitecores going on about 3 yrs old, panasonics are new with heavy use over the last ~month).

The negative credits do not all go to Ultrafire. When bought on ebay, you can expect dubious batteries from waste electrical equipment rewrapped with Ultrafire wrappers (you can buy the wrappers also, usually with 'Ultrafire' on them, even Fasttech had them for a brief moment). Although Ultrafire probably does not make very good batteries, this has not much do with them. I had several Ultrafire batteries that came together with cheap flashlights and lasers packed in a socalled 'giftbox' , and those appear all pretty ok.

Milan
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 4 hours ago
Joined: 05/08/2012 - 12:13
Posts: 310
Location: Czech Republic

These obviously use C cell shell. As fake as it gets. There is some 500 mAh lipo inside or something like that.
Check the feedback for “10x” sooooooooooo funny :bigsmile:

SantaClaw
SantaClaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 11/07/2013 - 18:25
Posts: 43
Location: The very North of Norway

I actually got one of these by mistake from banggood, and they are FAKE… They weigh next to nothing, showed a full charge after 1 hour of charging, and where down to 3.2v after 18 hours of storage, I will take it apart…..

Hm.. this has NO pcb, holds 2.9v with a 2 amp load

snakebite
snakebite's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 18 hours ago
Joined: 11/20/2013 - 20:21
Posts: 2065
Location: dayton oh

i see no evidence of a protection board either.
read the fine print on the cell.
life is around 10 years.it is GREEN.
good luck on that and whoever printed that is colorblind.it is RED.as in FLAMES!
the 7200mah for the lot of 6 is probably spot on!