How trustworthy are Sofirn batteries?

206 posts / 0 new
Last post
Funtastic
Funtastic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 15 hours ago
Joined: 06/26/2014 - 02:14
Posts: 1346
Location: New Zealand

niajef wrote:

im a little confused, actually very confused.

first, i dont know what you mean by their regular 5000mah that are flat top and looks like button top, are they selling that? i only see one battery option on their site, and its 25A HD, which they claim to be PLB, and 5000mah. wheres this regular one you’re talking?

second, the one i got says 5500mah on the wrap. and i checked amazon.ca description, thats where i got them, they came with sp70. and it doesnt say PLB wrapped, it just says “(Sofirn 26650 5500mAh Button top batteries included).”
but on their own website, the sp70 listing does say it comes with PLB wrapped 26650, but it doesnt say the capacity. so does this mean the ones that come from amazon are the “regular” ones you’re talking about? and only if i buy them separately, or buy sp70 from their website, it comes with PLB cells?

i think im gonna need to have a word with their customer service and clear the air…

The AliExpress store does not mention that their 26650’s (here and here) are PLB rewraps, only Sofirn’s website says that.

The ones you received are the older version, not PLB

I hate how Sofirn have rated the PLB rewrap at 25A when they’re only 10A. For continuous they are 10A but only short pulse current at 15 – 25A. It’s a marketing tactic

Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with maukka lights

New Zealand store – https://www.piercingthedarkness.co.nz (NZ customers only)

Funtastic
Funtastic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 15 hours ago
Joined: 06/26/2014 - 02:14
Posts: 1346
Location: New Zealand
niajef wrote:
are you saying they straight up lying? they dont say anything for their 18650s, and other manufacturers dont do this either, so i dont see why they would go out of their way to do this if its not true?

I can tell you one thing, they aren’t being truthful that the SP70 outputs 7000 lumens using them. I can’t get higher than 6000 with bypassed springs, factory they are 5200, and using the old Sofirn 26650 they are 4800.

Sofirn said 7000 lumens with their old HD 26650’s but tested to be no higher than the non HD ones.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with maukka lights

New Zealand store – https://www.piercingthedarkness.co.nz (NZ customers only)

TimMc
TimMc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 58 min 35 sec ago
Joined: 06/26/2020 - 02:22
Posts: 462
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Funtastic wrote:
Oh, if you’re charging them inside the LT1, they’ll be fine since it’s not 2A per battery, only 0.5A

Does the LT1 balance the cells when charging?

niajef
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 10/18/2020 - 18:23
Posts: 771
Location: Toronto

Funtastic wrote:
niajef wrote:

im a little confused, actually very confused.

first, i dont know what you mean by their regular 5000mah that are flat top and looks like button top, are they selling that? i only see one battery option on their site, and its 25A HD, which they claim to be PLB, and 5000mah. wheres this regular one you’re talking?

second, the one i got says 5500mah on the wrap. and i checked amazon.ca description, thats where i got them, they came with sp70. and it doesnt say PLB wrapped, it just says “(Sofirn 26650 5500mAh Button top batteries included).”
but on their own website, the sp70 listing does say it comes with PLB wrapped 26650, but it doesnt say the capacity. so does this mean the ones that come from amazon are the “regular” ones you’re talking about? and only if i buy them separately, or buy sp70 from their website, it comes with PLB cells?

i think im gonna need to have a word with their customer service and clear the air…

The AliExpress store does not mention that their 26650’s (here and here) are PLB rewraps, only Sofirn’s website says that.

The ones you received are the older version, not PLB

I hate how Sofirn have rated the PLB rewrap at 25A when they’re only 10A. For continuous they are 10A but only short pulse current at 15 – 25A. It’s a marketing tactic

they dont, but the 5000 one seems to match the description of the PLB ones on their site, because it does say “continuous discharge”, so either they are 25A, or its straight up false advertising.

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 40 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12780
Location: Houston Texas

niajef wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
niajef wrote:

i mean, it literally says that right on their site , even the ones that come with lights , are you saying they straight up lying? they dont say anything for their 18650s, and other manufacturers dont do this either, so i dont see why they would go out of their way to do this if its not true?

We may be confusing the batteries. Their 5000mah HD 25A cell is a different version. They have 2 different 5000mah cells.

The regular 5000mah (and 5500mah) that are flat top (looks like button top is a new option) are not HD and have no amperage rating.

Then they have their newer 25A HD cell.

PLB stopped producing the 5500 that was so great and now produce a 5000 that is a bit less impressive. Don’t ask me why they stepped backwards.

I don’t think Sofirn said anything about their Heavy Duty 25A 5000mah being an actual PLB cell when they came out. They are definitely saying it now, at least on that Sofirn website. I checked their Ali store and there is no mention of PLB at all. I got a pair of these HD cells when they first came out and they are pretty impressive.

I have not gotten any of the new 5000mah PLB cells to compare them to. I also haven’t read any reviews comparing these 2 cells to each other.

So I dont know if the 25A HD are PLB rewraps or not.

Their other black 26650 is definitely not a PLB rewrap.

im a little confused, actually very confused.

first, i dont know what you mean by their regular 5000mah that are flat top and looks like button top, are they selling that? i only see one battery option on their site, and its 25A HD, which they claim to be PLB, and 5000mah. wheres this regular one you’re talking?

second, the one i got says 5500mah on the wrap. and i checked amazon.ca description, thats where i got them, they came with sp70. and it doesnt say PLB wrapped, it just says “(Sofirn 26650 5500mAh Button top batteries included).”
but on their own website, the sp70 listing does say it comes with PLB wrapped 26650, but it doesnt say the capacity. so does this mean the ones that come from amazon are the “regular” ones you’re talking about? and only if i buy them separately, or buy sp70 from their website, it comes with PLB cells?

i think im gonna need to have a word with their customer service and clear the air…


The ad for the SP70 mentions PLB, but it does not say anything about Sofirns battery being a PLB. So I would ignore that. The wording is vague.

Check Sofirns AliExpress store. It should have all their products.

https://m.aliexpress.com/store/v3/home.html?shopId=2933049&sellerId=2302...

I see 4 different listings for 26650 batteries.

The 5000mah 25A HD

An actual PLB 5000mah (blue wrapper)

Their standard 5500mah

Their standard 5000mah

It has been a while since I’ve checked their store.

Seeing as how they are stocking actual PLB 5000mah cells, I am inclined to believe that their current 25A HD cells are rewrapped, button topped versions of this cell. It’s not proof, but seems highly likely.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

niajef
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 10/18/2020 - 18:23
Posts: 771
Location: Toronto
Funtastic wrote:
niajef wrote:
are you saying they straight up lying? they dont say anything for their 18650s, and other manufacturers dont do this either, so i dont see why they would go out of their way to do this if its not true?

I can tell you one thing, they aren’t being truthful that the SP70 outputs 7000 lumens using them. I can’t get higher than 6000 with bypassed springs, factory they are 5200, and using the old Sofirn 26650 they are 4800.

Sofirn said 7000 lumens with their old HD 26650’s but tested to be no higher than the non HD ones.

well that i never trusted in the first place, u always take marketing with a grain of salt, if they only claim it “CAN be”, then i just take that as, ya most likely not, but maybe in ideal or theoretical situation, they can be, by their own method of calculation. lol

TimMc
TimMc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 58 min 35 sec ago
Joined: 06/26/2020 - 02:22
Posts: 462
Location: Melbourne, Australia
niajef wrote:
or u can just leave s4+ on auto and let it do its thing…

I wish. But the S4+ sometimes automatically selects a charging current that’s too high for a cell.

E.g. It has selected 1-1.5 A for 10440, 14500 and 18350 cells. I switch to manual mode and use 250mA, 500mA and 500mA instead.

I wonder if it’d try 3A for these 18650’s… Tired

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 40 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12780
Location: Houston Texas
TimMc wrote:
Funtastic wrote:
Oh, if you’re charging them inside the LT1, they’ll be fine since it’s not 2A per battery, only 0.5A

Does the LT1 balance the cells when charging?


Cells are in parallel so they are always balanced.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

niajef
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 10/18/2020 - 18:23
Posts: 771
Location: Toronto

JasonWW wrote:

The ad for the SP70 mentions PLB, but it does not say anything about Sofirns battery being a PLB. So I would ignore that. The wording is vague.

Check Sofirns AliExpress store. It should have all their products.

https://m.aliexpress.com/store/v3/home.html?shopId=2933049&sellerId=2302...

I see 4 different listings for 26650 batteries.

The 5000mah 25A HD

An actual PLB 5000mah (blue wrapper)

Their standard 5500mah

Their standard 5000mah

It has been a while since I’ve checked their store.

Seeing as how they are stocking actual PLB 5000mah cells, I am inclined to believe that their current 25A HD cells are rewrapped, button topped versions of this cell. It’s not proof, but seems highly likely.

well their sp70 listing says “You are buying SP70 KIT with 26650 Batteries(rewrapped PLB cells), choose 5000K or 6500K.” i dont think thats vague at all, thats straight up telling us, yes we are sending you the flashlight with PLB cells wrapped with our name.

also, where are you seeing 4 listing in their own store? i see none, i only see them, and the blue ones you mentioned, in “E-battery store”

niajef
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 10/18/2020 - 18:23
Posts: 771
Location: Toronto
TimMc wrote:
niajef wrote:
or u can just leave s4+ on auto and let it do its thing…

I wish. But the S4+ sometimes automatically selects a charging current that’s too high for a cell.

E.g. It has selected 1-1.5 A for 10440, 14500 and 18350 cells. I switch to manual mode and use 250mA, 500mA and 500mA instead.

I wonder if it’d try 3A for these 18650’s… Tired

ah whatever, im too lazy to figure all that out, im counting on it to make the best decision for me, if sometimes it screws up, then it is what it is. batteries are consumables anyway, if i can get a few yrs of life out of them, ill be happy

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 40 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12780
Location: Houston Texas

niajef wrote:

well their sp70 listing says “You are buying SP70 KIT with 26650 Batteries(rewrapped PLB cells), choose 5000K or 6500K.” i dont think thats vague at all, thats straight up telling us, yes we are sending you the flashlight with PLB cells wrapped with our name.

also, where are you seeing 4 listing in their own store? i see none, i only see them, and the blue ones you mentioned, in “E-battery store”


I used his link. It shows this picture.

Ah, I was looking at the yellow highlighted part.

Now I see the upper part. Yes, they are saying the cells it comes with are PLB rewrapped which should be the 25A HD ones. My bad.

Are those the cells it ships with or did they send the wrong ones?

I posted a link to their flashlight store. Thats where I see 4 different 26650.

(Gotta go for a while.)

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

niajef
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 10/18/2020 - 18:23
Posts: 771
Location: Toronto

JasonWW wrote:
niajef wrote:

well their sp70 listing says “You are buying SP70 KIT with 26650 Batteries(rewrapped PLB cells), choose 5000K or 6500K.” i dont think thats vague at all, thats straight up telling us, yes we are sending you the flashlight with PLB cells wrapped with our name.

also, where are you seeing 4 listing in their own store? i see none, i only see them, and the blue ones you mentioned, in “E-battery store”


I used his link. It shows this picture.

Ah, I was looking at the yellow highlighted part.

Now I see the upper part. Yes, they are saying the cells it comes with are PLB rewrapped which should be the 25A HD ones. My bad.

Are those the cells it ships with or did they send the wrong ones?

I posted a link to their flashlight store. Thats where I see 4 different 26650.

(Gotta go for a while.)

That’s the thing, i dont know! because this sp70 listing on their site doesnt specify the capacity, it just says PLB wrapped. and on amazon, it only says capacity, 5500mah, does not say PLB. so theres no conflict with the two listing at all. it could very well be 5500mah PLB cells, they just missed a piece of information in each listing. and then they have their own separate battery listing for 5000mah PLB. god this is so confusing.

niajef
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 10/18/2020 - 18:23
Posts: 771
Location: Toronto

im starting to think maybe sofirn has 2 batches of batteries, 1 that comes with flashlights, probably cheaper and worse in quality, and 1 thats being sold separately. cuz their 21700 lights come with 4000mah batteries, while separately sold ones are 4800mah. although 18650 doesnt fall under this pattern, both separately sold ones and ones that come with flashlight are 3000mah.

gah this is so complicated

Barkuti
Barkuti's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 02/19/2014 - 14:46
Posts: 5406
Location: Alhama de Murcia, Spain

TimMc wrote:
I received four button top 18650's in a BLF LT1.

Sofirn 18650 3000mAh Test #1 (2020-11-06)

Is 2A continuous charge ok for these when around 3.8V?

Likely some nice chinese OEM cell, likely from Far East Battery or BAK Power.

In my opinion worst thing which can happen if charging the cell at 2A is somewhat reduced lifespan, nothing more serious. Also, 2A can only be maintained until maximum charge voltage is reached, which due to current rate by rail resistance overhead will be attained earlier (less time at 2A and longer CV phase). To sum up, I wouldn't care.

TimMc wrote:
Sofirn 26650 HD Battery 25A Button Top, Rewrapped PLB Cell

Highest discharge rating I've seen at PLB for their NMC cells is 3C here and there, with a restrained 2C nearly elsewhere. The official rating may seem low but I guess the chinese government, their main customer (for their EV buses fleet) doesn't likes to be lied.

The Sofirn rating, on the other hand, is a typical unofficial fabrication. The worst part is that they went too far, 25A is not a safe discharge rating for these cells. HKJ tested them from different rewrappers in the past (herethere, or the 55A cell over here) and it can clearly be seen that at 20A not only their end of discharge temperature gets on the limit, but their discharge curve also looks forced and already losing capacity. So, the bladesmith leaving the forge is… Sofirn. 

Deleting a just published post causes the forum thread answer notification to fail. Thus, if you need to change your just published post, edit it. Thanks.

Please avoid fully quoting lenghty posts, namely with nested quotes. Trim quotes down to the essential. Helps with neatness and legibility. Thanks.

TimMc
TimMc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 58 min 35 sec ago
Joined: 06/26/2020 - 02:22
Posts: 462
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Barkuti wrote:

Likely some nice chinese OEM cell, likely from Far East Battery or BAK Power.


In my opinion worst thing which can happen if charging the cell at 2A is somewhat reduced lifespan, nothing more serious.

Thanks! I’ll use the built-in charger for the BLF LT1 instead of my S4+.

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 40 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12780
Location: Houston Texas

niajef wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
niajef wrote:

well their sp70 listing says “You are buying SP70 KIT with 26650 Batteries(rewrapped PLB cells), choose 5000K or 6500K.” i dont think thats vague at all, thats straight up telling us, yes we are sending you the flashlight with PLB cells wrapped with our name.

also, where are you seeing 4 listing in their own store? i see none, i only see them, and the blue ones you mentioned, in “E-battery store”


I used his link. It shows this picture.

Ah, I was looking at the yellow highlighted part.

Now I see the upper part. Yes, they are saying the cells it comes with are PLB rewrapped which should be the 25A HD ones. My bad.

Are those the cells it ships with or did they send the wrong ones?

I posted a link to their flashlight store. Thats where I see 4 different 26650.

(Gotta go for a while.)

That’s the thing, i dont know! because this sp70 listing on their site doesnt specify the capacity, it just says PLB wrapped. and on amazon, it only says capacity, 5500mah, does not say PLB. so theres no conflict with the two listing at all. it could very well be 5500mah PLB cells, they just missed a piece of information in each listing. and then they have their own separate battery listing for 5000mah PLB. god this is so confusing.


They definitely don’t have 5500mah PLB batteries.

Tell us what batteries came with your light.

Where did you buy from?

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 40 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12780
Location: Houston Texas

niajef wrote:
im starting to think maybe sofirn has 2 batches of batteries, 1 that comes with flashlights, probably cheaper and worse in quality, and 1 thats being sold separately. cuz their 21700 lights come with 4000mah batteries, while separately sold ones are 4800mah. although 18650 doesnt fall under this pattern, both separately sold ones and ones that come with flashlight are 3000mah.

gah this is so complicated


They buy from several different suppliers.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

niajef
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 10/18/2020 - 18:23
Posts: 771
Location: Toronto

JasonWW wrote:

They definitely don’t have 5500mah PLB batteries.

Tell us what batteries came with your light.

Where did you buy from?

5500mah, they came with sp70 when i ordered them off of amazon

i wrote them an email just now, but its saturday morning in china already, they dont work on weekends, they should get back to me on sunday night. i will update here if they come back with a solid answer

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 40 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12780
Location: Houston Texas

Barkuti wrote:
So, the bladesmith leaving the forge is… Sofirn. 

I think their 25A HD cells are quite good regardless of the amperage over rating. I use them daily in my SP70. I would say they are comparable to my older black and blue Liitokala.

I have not tried their regular, non HD 5000mah and 5500mah. Based on the tests I’ve seen of them I believe they are fine for low amperage lights, but won’t give the highest output on FET driven lights. Decent I would say.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 40 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12780
Location: Houston Texas

niajef wrote:
JasonWW wrote:

They definitely don’t have 5500mah PLB batteries.

Tell us what batteries came with your light.

Where did you buy from?

5500mah, they came with sp70 when i ordered them off of amazon

i wrote them an email just now, but its saturday morning in china already, they dont work on weekends, they should get back to me on sunday night. i will update here if they come back with a solid answer


Okay, I’m in the US so I may not be seeing the same exact ads on Amazon.
I see one listing for the SP70. Its from the Sofirn store and has 90 reviews.
They list it as coming with the 5500mAh cells and rated the lights output at 5500 lumen.

So I don’t see anything contradictory to what you received.

Keep in mind that when they bundle products together like a flashlight, batteries and charger to ship to Amazon they can choose whatever combination of parts they want. Then when it comes to sales on their own website they can bundle together whatever parts they want there. So it’s quite possible their website could list the HD batteries and Amazon could be selling it was the non HD batteries. This is perfectly normal.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

niajef
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 10/18/2020 - 18:23
Posts: 771
Location: Toronto

JasonWW wrote:
niajef wrote:
JasonWW wrote:

They definitely don’t have 5500mah PLB batteries.

Tell us what batteries came with your light.

Where did you buy from?

5500mah, they came with sp70 when i ordered them off of amazon

i wrote them an email just now, but its saturday morning in china already, they dont work on weekends, they should get back to me on sunday night. i will update here if they come back with a solid answer


Okay, I’m in the US so I may not be seeing the same exact ads on Amazon.
I see one listing for the SP70. Its from the Sofirn store and has 90 reviews.
They list it as coming with the 5500mAh cells and rated the lights output at 5500 lumen.

So I don’t see anything contradictory to what you received.

Keep in mind that when they bundle products together like a flashlight, batteries and charger to ship to Amazon they can choose whatever combination of parts they want. Then when it comes to sales on their own website they can bundle together whatever parts they want there. So it’s quite possible their website could list the HD batteries and Amazon could be selling it was the non HD batteries. This is perfectly normal.

yes, that’s what im suspecting right now, and that’s what i asked them. because it would kind of makes sense, and its sort of a marketing ploy, where they list only one battery option per size, so u would think they only have one type of this battery, and so if the light comes with batteries, it has to be those. when in fact, they just dont openly sell the shittier ones, and use them to couple with their flashlights.

and ya, it doesnt contradict with what i received, because the amazon listing shows 5500mah, and i received 5500mah, however, the weird circle of confusion and contradiction comes in when amazon sp70 says 5500mah, while sofirn sp70 says PL. now, theoretically, those should be the same batteries, which means mine is PLB, and that sofirn has 2 versions of PLB, 5000 and 5500, but they only sell 5000 separately on their site. alternatively, if mine is not PLB, then it means they only send the 5000 PLB with sp70 orders placed on their site, but everywhere else, amazon, BG, AE., they send the non PLB 5500mah. again, im leaning towards the latter, but we’ll see come sunday night.

niajef
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 10/18/2020 - 18:23
Posts: 771
Location: Toronto

Ok, confirmed, 5000mah 26650 is PLB, 5500mah is not, new orders of sp70 should come with 5000mah, but amazon still has old stock, thats why it came with old 5500mah.

Of course this is assuming they are telling me the truth, personally im willing to give them benefit of the doubt

Colonel Light
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 04/23/2011 - 08:38
Posts: 170
Location: Light Square, Adelaide
Funtastic wrote:
Here’s my discharge test of the PLB 26650 5000mAh 10A cell Sofirn now stock.

Thanks for the test of the PLB 26650 5000mAh 10A. I got a pair when they were on clearance at Sofirn’s website and only now have a Convoy M3 to use them with!

Lumeniac didn’t directly mention what cell he used for runtime tests in his M3 review, but assuming it was a Liitokala 26650 5000mAh, the runtimes should be just as good with a PLB.

niajef
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 10/18/2020 - 18:23
Posts: 771
Location: Toronto

that looks solid

d_t_a
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 08/04/2017 - 23:58
Posts: 2201
Location: Manila, Philippines

JasonWW wrote:
niajef wrote:

i have similar findings with their 18650, all measured just a tad over the rated 3000, but their 26650, which is supposedly PLB re-wrapped, rated at 5500, one of them measured at 5480, which is close enough ill let it slide, but the other is 5331, a bit disappointed with that. the no brand 26650 that came with my ft03 was over 5500, but it was only rated 5000


Surely you are not referring to the PLB 5500mah cells relabeled by Shockli, etc… No one has ever said they are related. They are definitely not related. They use a local Chinese made cell. Some measure closer to 5000 and some closer to 5500 and they separate them into two groups and label them appropriately. They are quite generic and nothing special.

The PLB 5500mah on the other had is a top quality cell. One of the best in its capacity.

Actually, I don’t think the Sofirn 5000/5500mAh 26650 are always labeled correctly.

Some of the Sofirn “5500mAh” 26650 test a bit closer to 5000mAh, and the battery (the top portion) looks a bit different, indicating it’s likely a different battery.
Although the 5000mAh (based on capacity testing, not the wrapper label) 26650 seems to have a bit lower internal resistance (using a YR1030 battery resistance meter to test)..

Pages