Emisar D4SV2 4xW2

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
andreas0401
andreas0401's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 54 min ago
Joined: 12/26/2019 - 10:21
Posts: 35
Location: Dorsten
Emisar D4SV2 4xW2

Hi
Last days I received the Emisar D4SV2 with W2 LED.

Beamshot Gifs

Video comparison W2 – XPL-Hi

2 minutes comparison

Candela
with Shockli 26650
Emisar D4SV2 4xW2 6000k – 86000 cd
Emisar D4S 4xXPL-Hi 6500k – 44000 cd

W2 Version
with Ijoy 26650 – 92000 cd
with Samsung 21700 40t – 100000 cd

regards
Andreas

hodor
hodor's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 07/11/2018 - 03:58
Posts: 1038
Location: UK

Nice comparison, thanks Beer

I think that might have tipped me over the edge Blushing

lazerEagle
lazerEagle's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 05/20/2020 - 21:11
Posts: 201
Location: Australia

Wow, I have this and was chasing an X9L but now I’m not sure I need it haha!

- the best way to predict the future is to create it -

Boro
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 40 min ago
Joined: 02/03/2012 - 15:52
Posts: 698

Excellent post andreas0401! I prefer warmer tints however this LED option performs so well in my collection it is Hank’s secret best light.

Ilumenati
Ilumenati's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 6 hours ago
Joined: 01/07/2019 - 05:22
Posts: 146
Location: Mt Hood

Hi andreas0401,

As usual very useful comparison.

I had been very interested in the comparison between the X9L and the D4sV2 4xw2. Now leaning towards the D4sV2, the 4xw2 combination is great.

It would be interesting someday to see a comparison between the D4sV2 4xw2 and the D4V2 4xw2 that Vinh sells now at Sky Lumen. Maybe Hank at Emisar will offer the 4xw2 for the D4V2 at some point.

I appreciate the work and time you take to create the comparisons.

Thanks,

BurningPlayd0h
BurningPlayd0h's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 42 min ago
Joined: 06/22/2018 - 02:16
Posts: 1632
Location: MN

Ilumenati wrote:
Hi andreas0401,

As usual very useful comparison.

I had been very interested in the comparison between the X9L and the D4sV2 4xw2. Now leaning towards the D4sV2, the 4xw2 combination is great.

It would be interesting someday to see a comparison between the D4sV2 4xw2 and the D4V2 4xw2 that Vinh sells now at Sky Lumen. Maybe Hank at Emisar will offer the 4xw2 for the D4V2 at some point.

I appreciate the work and time you take to create the comparisons.

Thanks,

You can request white flat 2s in “white light” or several other colors (whatever is offered for the KR1 I think) in the D4 direct from Hank AFAIK.

andreas0401
andreas0401's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 54 min ago
Joined: 12/26/2019 - 10:21
Posts: 35
Location: Dorsten

D4SV2 W2 – Lumintop X9L

D4SV2 W2 – Amutorch XT45

regards
Andreas

Jasetaylor
Jasetaylor's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 10/16/2020 - 05:29
Posts: 122
Location: West Sussex

Many thanks for the valuable feedback Thumbs Up

Artiet59
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 1026
Location: CT, USA

Ilumenati wrote:
Hi andreas0401,

As usual very useful comparison.

I had been very interested in the comparison between the X9L and the D4sV2 4xw2. Now leaning towards the D4sV2, the 4xw2 combination is great.

It would be interesting someday to see a comparison between the D4sV2 4xw2 and the D4V2 4xw2 that Vinh sells now at Sky Lumen. Maybe Hank at Emisar will offer the 4xw2 for the D4V2 at some point.

I appreciate the work and time you take to create the comparisons.

Thanks,

I have a Brass D4v2 with (4) Osram “W2” CSLPM1. I ordered it from Hank a couple months back when the brass d4v2 came back out. It is Awesome, and kind’ve the only reason i havent ordered the d4sv2 in W2, because i already have something like it.

It out throws my kr4 sst20 5000k by A good amount.

Plus, Vinh is great and i almost ordered his, but ordering the BRASS d4v2 with W2’s from Hank was cheaper then ordering the Aluminum d4v2 with w2’s from Vinh. just saying… and i put the throwy optic in myself for $3..

Artiet59
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 1026
Location: CT, USA

andreas0401 – thank you for these posts. they’re great. I would say that I may be getting this soon.

Jasetaylor
Jasetaylor's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 10/16/2020 - 05:29
Posts: 122
Location: West Sussex

Artiet59 wrote:

I have a Brass D4v2 with (4) Osram “W2” CSLPM1. I ordered it from Hank a couple months back when the brass d4v2 came back out. It is Awesome, and kind’ve the only reason i havent ordered the d4sv2 in W2, because i already have something like it.

It out throws my kr4 sst20 5000k by A good amount.

Plus, Vinh is great and i almost ordered his, but ordering the BRASS d4v2 with W2’s from Hank was cheaper then ordering the Aluminum d4v2 with w2’s from Vinh. just saying… and i put the throwy optic in myself for $3..

The larger and deeper optics of the D4SV2 by comparison to the D4V2 optics offer more throw, the larger thermal mass also gives longer turbo. Coupled with a 5000mAh plus battery there is plenty of reason to jump to the D4SV2. It’s literally a D4V2 on steroids.

Artiet59
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 1026
Location: CT, USA

lazerEagle wrote:
Wow, I have this and was chasing an X9L but now I’m not sure I need it haha!

The X9L is a really special light. I know some hate it, some love it, but it is one of very few in my collection i will never sell. I think of it like this – it is as bright as my FT03 xhp50, it legitimately throws just as far as my ft03 xhp50, but it is pocketable (for me) @ only 3/8” longer then the fireflies E07, and same diameter. or 1/2” longer then the KR1 and a 1/4” larger head.

It is remarkable.

hodor
hodor's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 07/11/2018 - 03:58
Posts: 1038
Location: UK

Jasetaylor wrote:
Many thanks for the valuable feedback Thumbs Up

Nearly identical to my order Thumbs Up

Jasetaylor
Jasetaylor's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 10/16/2020 - 05:29
Posts: 122
Location: West Sussex

hodor wrote:

Nearly identical to my order Thumbs Up

Spill the beans, how does it differ? Cyan?

torchfanatic
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 07/04/2012 - 17:06
Posts: 53
Location: London

Hey man

I’ve just ordered a d4sv2 w2

Is that the same as the one in this post?

Its not secret menu as its listed there on the emmiter option

I already have a d4sv2 xpl hi 6500k so this is really helpful!

I like torches Smile

hodor
hodor's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 07/11/2018 - 03:58
Posts: 1038
Location: UK
Jasetaylor wrote:
Spill the beans, how does it differ? Cyan?

No SS bezel Party

lazerEagle
lazerEagle's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 05/20/2020 - 21:11
Posts: 201
Location: Australia

Artiet59 wrote:
The X9L is a really special light. I know some hate it, some love it, but it is one of very few in my collection i will never sell. I think of it like this – it is as bright as my FT03 xhp50, it legitimately throws just as far as my ft03 xhp50, but it is pocketable (for me) @ only 3/8” longer then the fireflies E07, and same diameter. or 1/2” longer then the KR1 and a 1/4” larger head.

It is remarkable.

I was deadset on a copper one until I saw the video comparison above. While I’m sure it would be real nice it just wouldn’t be different enough to warrant a spot in my modest collection…

- the best way to predict the future is to create it -

Jasetaylor
Jasetaylor's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 10/16/2020 - 05:29
Posts: 122
Location: West Sussex
hodor wrote:
Jasetaylor wrote:
Spill the beans, how does it differ? Cyan?

No SS bezel Party

If you decide you want a S/S bezel I’ve ordered one spare.

hodor
hodor's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 07/11/2018 - 03:58
Posts: 1038
Location: UK

Thanks for the offer, I’ll keep it in mind Beer

Artiet59
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 1026
Location: CT, USA

lazerEagle wrote:
Artiet59 wrote:
The X9L is a really special light. I know some hate it, some love it, but it is one of very few in my collection i will never sell. I think of it like this – it is as bright as my FT03 xhp50, it legitimately throws just as far as my ft03 xhp50, but it is pocketable (for me) @ only 3/8” longer then the fireflies E07, and same diameter. or 1/2” longer then the KR1 and a 1/4” larger head.

It is remarkable.

I was deadset on a copper one until I saw the video comparison above. While I’m sure it would be real nice it just wouldn’t be different enough to warrant a spot in my modest collection…


I guess I could see that, since you’re being all reasonable and stuff lol. But truly, if you do keep your collection modest there probably isn’t enough of a difference. Then again, going by that model I should only have 3-4 lights. Crying

The copper would be really heavy in the x9l, I got the KR1 copper abd that is a tank, the x9l would weigh more , but handle the heat really well. The copper KR1 handles heat Significantly better then my aluminum, with the same emitters (W2.1, W2.2, xhp50.2, sst40).

lazerEagle
lazerEagle's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 05/20/2020 - 21:11
Posts: 201
Location: Australia

I have a MK37 SBT90.2 coming to scratch my itch. KR1 copper sounds appealing too! Love my KR1/W2 cyan. I think I would do KR1 copper in something 5000k or warmer.

- the best way to predict the future is to create it -

Artiet59
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 1026
Location: CT, USA

lazerEagle wrote:
I have a MK37 SBT90.2 coming to scratch my itch. KR1 copper sounds appealing too! Love my KR1/W2 cyan. I think I would do KR1 copper in something 5000k or warmer.

Defintely, I did mine in the sst40 5000k, but I have a xhp50 in it now, they are both really good in it. The copper deflects the heat so well. I’m jealous, I really want that manker! That’ll fill the need for sure