Hi, I'm Josh!

Greetings everyone, my names Josh and I’ve been a lurker for a while and wanted to say hi. I’ll tell you a bit about myself.

First, so that there is no surprises. I work for a LED flashlights dealer startup. We haven’t yet launched the website as we are still doing testing for usability, design, payment system, etc, but I can reveal some interesting info . It is indeed a budget light dealer, so stuff will be cheap. We are also a Shenzhen, China based dealer although…. still quite small. I don’t want to reveal too much more since I know that is what the dealers corner is for, so i’ll reserve our launch info for that section. Perhaps in the future I could smuggle some BLF discounts after launch!

As for me, I’m an American living in Shenzhen, China. I’m originally from Indiana and moved here about 5 months ago. I actually haven’t got years of experience with flashlights like you guys, but I’m slowing turning into an flashlight nut after starting at this company. I get to play with a lot of flashlights during the day which probably contributes well to that fact! They are mostly Trustfires, Ultrafires, Romisen, and Fandyfires, but they have quite a collection!

Anyways, nice to be here

Josh

Welcome to BLF! Looking forward seeing your new store and especially the BLF discounts!

G’day mate!

Thanks for signing up, Josh!

Welcome Josh.

Welcome to BLF Josh! Glad to have you here.

Welcome to BLF Josh!

Hi Josh!

Welcome to BLF Josh. Your story sounds interesting, can’t wait to see your store.

Welcome to BLF Josh!

Welcome Josh !

Welcome to BLF!

Welcome Josh! Glad to see you here! Maybe you can take some feedback from BLF back to your employer on the things we like and don't like to see in a flashlight.

-Garry

Welcome to the forum. What begins as a job may turn into a passion.

Glad to see you here.

I’m curious how you ended up with that company and in Shenzhen :slight_smile:

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

@Garry

For sure. I’ll definitely be frequenting here for some feedback on new developments to the business. I want us to be a dealer thats involved with the community and actually listens to them! Though take note that there may be some things that are out of my control. Chinese businesses work pretty different than those in the west. :slight_smile:

Josh

Welcome to BLF Josh, is your company open to suggestions regarding flashlight designs? I think we might have some ideas, that would set your company apart from all the other budget manufacturers out there.

Welcome to the BLF, Josh.

Thanks Vectrex,

unfortunately, we are not a manufacturer. We are a dealer that has authorization to sell by manufacturers. Although I do not exactly know the strength of the relationship with the manufacturer. Success of the launch may play a role into that strength, as well as passing along of feedback and suggestions for products. I’ll do some investigating.

The most I can do for now is pass along suggestions of Chinese brands for our store to carry. Though I’d still love to hear about the forums fresh ideas, this kind of feedback is great regardless of the situation.

Cheers