Inexpensive Sources for XML-T6 or U2

OK to all you experimenters out there. Who has the best prices for XML-T6 or U2 chips mounted on a round or star back plate. I’m looking for quantities in the 20+ range. Not concern about exact color bins at this time.

Thanks for your help!!

Take a look at LEDDNA - coupon(expired) and XML U2 1C $6.50

Check also LCK-LED.com with:

“Coupon Code : AUGUST082012

Enter the code above for 12% Off Regular Priced Items. Catalog restrictions are listed below. May not be combined with any other offer. Expires Sept 31, 2012. May not be used with past purchase.

Catalog restrictions apply: Multipurpose Machine, LED Flashlight / Outdoor, Thermoelectric coolers, LED Multimedia Projector”

Contact Craig at Illumination Supply. He can help you w/ what you want.

https://illuminationsupply.com/cree-leds-c-36.html?zenid=7562eafd18e9681cfdba7882d2b458b4

I lucked out on the 1C tint XM-l’s sent by LCK-LED they were a very warm ugly tint and was not happy at all with them, maybe it was a fluke but I would rather order from LEDDNA, the XM-L’s 1C tint I ordered from them were really good, tint matched perfectly between the leds and were true 1C tint.

oops! Disxelya kicking ni! :smiley:

I like This (U2) and This (R5) I think these are good prices!

Just wondering, anyone know a cheap source of SSC-P7 emitters?

Dinodirect sells XM-L leds kinda cheap. 3.99 bucks for T6 and 4.99 for U2. And with coupon code CP10 you’ll get 10% discount.

Anyone bought these DD U2s? For $4.49/each shipped, I’m really tempted to jump on the offer since I need an upgrade for the low-bined XM-L on my $12 C8. I’m worried about getting some awful tint though…

Thoughts?

I am also interested in a few of these, it’s even cheaper than at lck-led
but DD is well known for its unreliability, pictures of these emitters at DD look decent but I’m afraid that what will come in the envelope will not be nearly as good as shown on pictures…

P.S. I’m trying now to find xp-g r5 at DD but their web site doesn’t work??? shows only first page, if I click on “Flashlights” I get this:
“Oops! Google Chrome could not find .dinodirect.com”
same with firefox???

P.S.S Is there a way to distinguish LEDs tint before buying it? or it’s just by powering it and observing the color? Guess that 1A would be most acceptable?

I just ordered 3x of the U2s from DD; my second DD order, and the first was the $5 502b host/charger combo they offered a while back. When they arrive I'll check them out and see if they are any good.

Any idea on ETA?

I’ve just got confirmation that my $4.49 XM-L U2s from DinoDirect have shipped… Now I sit and wait…

:weary:

That’s nice, I would also order but their website doesn’t work, can’t even open the registration page, let alone go through the entire ordering process!!! :expressionless:
pls, when you get them let us know your first impressions!

If you’ll get XM-L how would you know it’s U2? Do you have something (like IS) to measure or to compare with?

Nope; not at all; I have an inexpensive DX light meter.

My plan to check brightness is to use one of these to make a new P60 drop-in using Direct Drive, and to use this to compare against my Manafont/Ultrafire 3-mode T6 dropin. Using a blacked-out reflector and matched cells to compare output, then swapping between lights to ensure that results are repeatable...

I won't be able to quantify the output, but I should be able to determine if they are any brighter than the T6...

Let us know what results will you get. Just make it shure you have consistent comparation. Direct drive mybe isn’t best comparation method as leds have different Vf. Constant current like 8*AMC7135 would be better, IMHO.
You should also take care of temperatures - measuring lux some time after switch on from cold pill and flashlight body. But you probably already know all that stuff….

Anybody received one of these cheap DD stars yet?

please share your experience, on color, output etc… $3.99 is pretty cheap
U2 : 4.99

Still waiting on my shipment...

I've just received my shipment of $4.49 XM-L emitters described as being U2 bin from DinoDirect; Ordered 9/14, received 10/10. Not bad, just over 3-weeks for the trip...

Obviously XM-L emitters on 16mm boards; I'll probably be dropping one of these onto my C8 to see if I note any improvement. I may even sacrifice one of them to a de-doming attempt to try an upgrade for my V2, but probably not... Sealed