New Thrower website

It was OMG Lumens now…

http://www.onestopthrowshop.com/main.sc

So expensive…the Small Sun is 7 times less on Manafont. o.o

I couldn’t believe the prices.

EDIT: After doing more reading your getting a great deal for the money.

Well they are modded lights, not stock, so that's what you're paying for.

-Garry

Rick,

That ain’t a bad deal at all for the FandyFire STL-V6. Stock it puts out 48,000Kcd and after they mod it they claim 117Kcd.

http://www.onestopthrowshop.com/FandyFire-FandyFireSTLV6.htm

I sure would like to see beamshot comparisons.

And check the TN31 out modded to 240Kcd.

WoW!

Now that’s the light to get for $285.

http://www.onestopthrowshop.com/ThruNite-TN31-TN31.htm

That site is owned by saabluster from CPF. So you know he knows what he is saying and doing according to all his buyers.

OneStopThrowShop is a flashlight mod house run by avid flashlight enthusiast Michael Johnson(aka saabluster) creator of the OMG Lumens line of lights which have held world records in throw for LED based products for almost 4 years.

There is one singular focus for this website. Throw! You can be assured that the longest throwing LED lights in the world live here and only here. Regardless of the format you are seeking, be that reflector, aspheric, or TIR we will have the farthest throwing versions available in the world today. We will be working hard to expand our offerings to include lights of all types and budget levels.

Our mission is to create phenomenal products that significantly outperform the OEM market by focusing on details overlooked by mass manufacturers and offer a high value to performance ratio.

One of the things we excel at is an almost fanatical attention to the fundamental science behind proper flashlight construction. This is a twofold approach that gives equal attention to the basic design but also the final assembly processes. Even the best design can be failed by poor assembly techniques.

I guess it’s great, if you need something like that.

I have an elektrolumens ST-90 I would like for someone to mod the reflector and led and make it really a thrower…… Could they do that with the ST90 host ?

!!

He seems to put a lot of work into each light, so the pricing is probably fair.

Email him about the SR-90, maybe he can make a custom short focal length lens for it.

If the number’s posted on his site are true. I want to get the modded Thrunite TN31.
Stock, they are going for about $200.00, with 112,800k throw according to selfbuilt’s review.
saabluster’s version doubles the throw to 240,000k for $85.00 more, with a neutral tint to boot.
This is up there with mini HID lights.
selfbuilt’s charts indicates it also beats the stock big gun Olights.

Those are good numbers & Michael does great job.

Judging by the numbers, my guess would be it swaps out the XML to XPG or G2, reducing the die area by half (XML die 4mm square vs. XPG die 2mm square) while supporting the same XML level drive current (2.8A to 3.5A) with led-direct-to-copper mount. (I.e over driving a smaller die, such as XPG to 2.8 to 3.5A using copper pill).

The result would be approximately 2x the throw over stock, but reducing spot size by about 4x.
I could be wrong but I would imagine that the led in there will no longer be XML.

My thoughts exactly ma_sha1

But none the less he is doing fabulous stuff for little money.

I was also thinking the same on those STL-V6´s.
Hard to think of getting such throw with XM-L…

I guess one would just have to decide if they would rather have a Smallsun mod or a Dereelight aspheric as both have about the same output and cost.

very cool site - most of the mods i do tend to favor throw

be interested to see what else he offers and also how in gods name he gets that much out of the thrunite lol

Wish I could try these out. I like this stuff! STL still using the same driver??

DEFT

And to be honest I doubt that all Dereelights will be 100Kcd. Some have said only around 80Kcd depending on what bin and the grade aspheric glass.