Budget knives dealers all in one

i took my gf to a concert this past weekend, and forgot i had my pockete knife with me as we walked through the metal detectors, and i had to throw it away :(

so now i need a new general purpose, edc pocket knife. something rugged, with a reasonably thin handle and a good grip.

i'm considering the sanrenmu 763, but my main concern is that it may be too small for my hands(i'm 6'4"), and it has no partially serraded edge like my previous knife had.

any suggestions?

The 707 is a CRKT Drifter twin, 723 is a Buck Nobleman twin , 704 is Buck-Strider 881 inspired , the 605 and 763 have no direct siblings that I am aware of... If you look for reviews of the brand knives, you get an idea how the "remakes" are.... youtube is a good source if want to get an impression how big/small the size of a knife is. The 700 Series knives are mostly almost as big as a standard Swiss Army Knife. The 900 series might be a little too big for edc purposes, the 905 is too bulky due the wooden handles for edc'ing. If you want a slim edc the 710 is hard to beat.

The other way around; the Buck Nobleman (China on blade) is a 723 (it is produced by Sanrenmu)

I have bought a handfull of SRMs last week and still looking for more any idea were I can buy these Damascus blades?

Ah, now we are discussing which twin was born first ... I see. ;-)

Does Exduct have a new interesting knife? I could have sworn the Enlan EL02 (axis lock) wasn't there yesterday... it's promoted as the successor of the SRM 962 ... hmmm tempting.... hmmm bought one.. lol

I think these are just patterns on the blade, not real damascus steel.

Man you are bad!

Now I have to buy another one (I think it is one of the most pretty SRMs I have seen)

$14 humm I think they are trying to find a new sweetspot

Sorry, but it is an offer I can't refuse... even at that price point...

Blade length is 20mm longer than the 962 and it looks a lot better than the Ganzo 704 imo.

I look forward to your review. I just have to hope that you don't like it, 'cause it is sweet looking.

thanks for the link to exduct. The very popular Sebanza clone doesn't appeal to me. I ordered a 605, which seems to be a perfect EDC that will get carried everywhere and will treaten noone. 728 because I like the wood handle und the thin blade (I really didn't need to buy this one). Finally the 763 in G10, Axis lock is in my opinion the single greatest innovation on the knife-market in decades, and the size is perfect for me.

Does perchance anyone have a good source for Rough Rider Knives? Especially with free/cheap shipping? Those little gems offer similar quality for similar prices, but have very traditional/classic designs. Seem to have gone up in price on ebay, though. Love the Canoe Knives, I give them away as gifts.

Dadgummit guys! You're killing me with all of these knife postings! Money mouth

Oh wow, okay, that new Enlan looks sweet.

A friend of mine has the Sanrenmu 735 - it's a nice one, but no EDC because it isn't legal in Germany (you can own it, but not carry it with you).

I order a 704 and a 723 (with carbon look) for me.

If some find one of these knife in a HongKong Shop, please post it:

Sanrenmu T-01A (on ebay for around $17)

Sanrenmu GB901 - do not find it

here is the problem with all these knives ... i like them price wise, while being good enough and cheap enough to use for anything.

I WANT an assisted opening knife , after owning one it makes fast one hand opening easy.

i seen them at DX a while back but they and every other HK seller doesnt have them .. anyone know of any HK or low priced retailer carring these types of knives ( i.e. Gerber FAST draw is what i mean by assisted ) , seeing as some of the assited brands sold in the US are made in china.

also thanks for the list of vendors!

i am liking this >>>> http://www.exduct.com/Ganzo-Knife-Multi-Tools/G704-Ganzo-Folding-Knife.html

sry my insert link is greyed out lol

I could have sworn the Enlan EL02 (axis lock) wasn't there yesterday... it's promoted as the successor of the SRM 962 ... hmmm tempting.... hmmm bought one.. lol

I knew I should jumped on it right away

The slicer was sold out while it was still in my shopping basket (that should learn me to temper my greed)

When I ordered yesterday there were 28 available. But it is new, so there should be more ....

Sanrenmu T-01A

I asked how many they had about 10 days ago and they said 3. I have bought 2 of them so you might be lucky.

Thank you. I will order it after I got my other two Sanrenmu.

Don't forget the discount ;-)

Sorry for my late reply , i just saw it ,becasue i'm a little busy recently , thanks for your advice , yes , you can pay it through Paypal .

I will stard a new thread soon !

Thanks again !

Daniel

New thread have created : http://budgetlightforum.cz.cc/node/1514

Received my SRM 710 on Saturday and what an awesome little/medium knife. Deployment is swift and smooth, knife is sharp and performs well on the paper test and the lock up is just rock solid. Hard to believe I got all this knife for $12.50 to my door (purchased from a guy in the US who had multiples of this knife).

It makes a great "gentlemen's folder". I may have to look for all the black version because this knife is a real winner.