Bronte Flashlight?

It happened to me that one of my old friend works in Bronte Flashlight.

how does this brand sound to you all? any one has a Bronte light?

I personally think these lights are well designed,i simply love them!

One important thing caught my eyes, they Did Not Over-rate like other brands do.

I'm an honest person, and i like those people who are also honest.

I'm very interested in being their agent and sell their lights.

Any suggestions?

Best Regards

Rey

How are they in terms of prices? For example, how much would would this go for? http://www.brontelight.com/Products-show.asp?id=121

In general their designs are a bit plain, but a solid lineup at competitive prices is always good.

How much for the X20? Over $100 for a stl-v2 type light won’t sell it. It has to be competitive.

It might seem like a small thing, but I don’t like the name. I mean, how do you pronounce it anyway? Bront? Brontey? Brontay? Whatever the case may be, it kinda sucks. Everyone’s different of course, but I have no doubt that this factors in in some significant way.

The reports about the low PWM on their penlights have turned me off a little. If they could raise the frequency to >1 kHz and incorporate a neutral XP-G(2) or even a High CRI Nichia 219 in those lights, they would be highly interesting. Maybe they can do a limited BLF run of the Bronte RA03 ? They should seriously thinking about renaming their brand, bronte is not appealing at all.

I agree with what has been said above. They are nice enough if a bit plain, but seem overpriced. Kind of an unknown and no really outstanding design features that justify the price, which is right up there with some established quality brands. That being said, I would buy this one if the price was right, but haven't seen it for sale anywhere:

+1, I've always wanted a ti light and this may be a way I can afford it.

The name is stupid, what is it supposed to mean?

I actually looked into this brand when shopping for a penlight. The Bronte RA02 is there penlight offering. Comparing it to my favorite penlight the Pelican 1920, the Bronte seems to be made cheaper yet costs about the same. The clip looks like total junk on that light and the entire design just looks like they were not very interested in building a penlight.

Here is a link to the Bronte RA02
http://www.brontelight.com/products-show.asp?id=104

And one to my current EDC, the Pelican 1920.
http://www.botachtactical.com/pelican1910.html

As you can see, the Pelican is $20 delivered and it comes with a lifetime warrenty from a company that will honor it and be around in 5 years. It will take 3-5 days to get it not 3-5 weeks. The design is better, the quality is great, the light is from a trusted well known maker and mine has been 100% trouble free with zero problems of any sort. the Bronte is $18-19 so very little price difference.

That’s a lot to compete against when it looks like Bronte was forced into designing a flashlight against their will. It really looks like they did the minimum on that RA02. Also Bronte is almost as long a traditional 2AAA but surprisingly only holds one AAA. The Bronte claims 95 lumens max in one part of the ad and 80 lumens max in another part. They also claim 1.2 hours runtime on max. If this light really delivers 95 OTF lumens for 1.2 hours from a standard AAA, I would be rather surprised.

The Pelican 1920 claims 67 lumens for 2 hours 45 mins. After using it for the past 6 months everyday, I would say the lumens may be slightly underrated. Seems brighter than the stated 67.

If the light is good the name doesn’t matter. Just look at Balder. Don’t even get me started on Fandyfire………

If the name is printed in big letters on the flashlight, then it does matter to me.... I would never buy an Uranusfire.

If Bronte had a killer product at a decent price point, you’d be right. The name probably wouldn’t matter. But in the context of equivalent offerings, customers would certainly have a tendency to go with “cooler” names.

Edit: Oh, and I don’t connect Balder with bald, if that’s what you mean. Balder is the norse god of light!

so many bad comments. i think i will still go on with TF.

I own just one Bronte Light. It is not a bad light, but in comparison to my other lights it feels a bit cheesy and i didnt like the physical appearance. The name doesn’t bother me. I think there is room for improvement for Bronte.

+2 That is a nice one. It sells for $89.99 at DD

$89.99? Ouch!

kreisler, need some DD help here..

I bought a couple of the Bronte penlights (RA03) direct from Bronte some months back. Nice little lights, but didn’t have chance to keep them - wife got one, her mother the other. When I borrowed my wife’s a while ago it was dead - now I lock it out for her. So much for lithium primary cells lasting a long time.

I’ve no trouble with the name (bit too literary, perhaps). Buying direct was about half retail price.

Et tu Bronte…. et tu?

:bigsmile:

Rey, what price can you do on the TU-10 Ti?

Never cared for the brand. The name sucks, the products are bland, if capable, and there is nothing exciting in design or features for the prices I've seen.