new 2.8A driver with 5 groups , and multi-modes, no soldering needed.

A few days ago, I`ve received a few things from a taobao agent, including this driver

It`s a no-name driver.
It has 5 groups of modes.

1;25—60—100%

2;15—100—strobe

3; 1—7—35—100

4; 6—30—100%—beacon—strobe

5; 2—10—40—100—Strobe—SOS50%

This driver doesnt need any soldering to change groups.

How to change groups;
The default group is number 5.
When you turn on the light in low, you`ll notice a tiny blink after about 5 seconds.
Turn the flashlight off.
And on again… it will be in low again, but it starts blinking every second. 1st blink is for group 1.
2nd blink is for group 2, etc…
When you want to use group 3 (which I like a lot) just turn the flashlight off again after it blinked 3 times.
That simple.

It has memory. So it will stay in the group that you set it in.

I dont really care about all these groups… I mainly bought it for the 3rd group.
I didnt know how to change groups, so I was heating my soldering iron to put a few soldering blobs, but it wasnt necessary.
a bit of GoogleTranslate helped me out.

If anyone knows the name of this driver, please let me know… I think its a pretty neat driver!

so far my observations.

So the cost is 20 yen or approximately 20 cents? I may have to order a handful of them since they're so cheap.

:slight_smile: no, they are Chinese yuan, not Japanese yen.
That’s about $3. The same seller has the normal nanjg 2.8a drivers for about 13yuan.

That makes more sense, thanks. Still a fairly good price.

I really like the look of group 3 too, good call, I wonder if any of our regular suppliers could pick this up.

I do like drivers that allow you to select modes in flashlight operation.

I can only see 7 chips?

It took me a few tries before I understood how to change groups, but once you know it, it’s not too complicated.
I just need to play with it a bit more to see the possible down-sides of this system.

Wha How2, you’re right, in the pic it shows only 7, but mine has 8.
There might be a chance that they also sell a 7chips version.
Actually the description says 7/8* 7135

I have some lights with a driver that worked like that made years ago — the guy who made them retired a while back and I’ve been hoping something like it would show up. I’m interested.

The 3rd mode group looks quiet interesting!

How does taobao work, I remember you need a agent to buy stuff?

I'd be interested in these drivers too!

-Garry

I’d be interested in these drivers too!
:wink: :wink: :wink:

Somebody in the US ought to buy some the sale them to other US members that way maybe they will be more affordable for multiple people? Am i missing an aspect to this? Depending on price it should be a good deal.

I have been making deals with an agent recently.
Fee is made from:
-Price of item + China Inland shipping
–10% for the agent, 8Yuan for customs
-Intl shipping

I think for 10, 20 or 30 drivers, shipping would still be pretty reasonable.

What are the 4 dots on the lower side?
They look like the stars on the Nanjg!
Did you try to connect them to the outer ring?
How about PWM?

I’m working with translations too, but it seems to be the same driver the seller’s using in his description of his modded light for sale - looks to be a C8 though no dimensions are provided and offers choices of U21A/TG3C/TG1A Cree’s - and there the seller indicates 7135x8 link

Specifically:

http://img02.taobaocdn.com/imgextra/i2/460995056/T2tyCiXhdbXXXXXXXX\_!!460995056.jpg

Also, maybe some of the experts here can make sense of the measurements in the following pic and provide some info:

http://img04.taobaocdn.com/imgextra/i4/460995056/T22yysXfNbXXXXXXXX\_!!460995056.jpg

This one is fairly simple it is measurements XM-L led.

Here the data is that I understand.

At 3 amps vf=3.52 tint=6375k output=885.6 lumens

at 2.5 amps vf=3.49 tint=6355k output=855 lumens

at 2 amps vf=3.37 tint=6300k output=712

at 1.5 amps vf=3.24 tint=6365k output=556.3

at 1 amp vf=3.08 tint=6330k output=387.5

at 700 ma vf=2.58 tint=6315k output=279

at 350 mah vf=2.83 tint=6240k output=143

Thanks for the quick reply! So, is this a decent mod, or just BS for 'bout $19 before shipping/agent fees/and the w a i t i n g for a new taobao agent...

19 dollars? It is 20 yuan so around 3.20 usd.

No... not just the Cree: the modded light at seller's link in my post above:

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.3.0.100.ctTogj&id=19224856219&