How did we do? (FastTech.com)

But there was never a time frame. So it could take many weeks as far as I can see.

I didn’t copy their messages about the time frame… You want that?

Here you go, Pfff…

#6.
posted 13 days ago
by Melissa Staff
Thanks for your tips. It will release within next week.

Sorry about the wait on the Nichia. I wasn’t directly involved but I’ve checked on this just now.

Late last week we placed an order for some models of the Nichia emitters. They were due to arrive at us mid-week this week, thus Melissa’s response above. However, the distributor has since been silent about the shipment and the emitters have never delivered. We were told yesterday that in light of recent Diaoyu/Senkaku conflict, some importers upstream protested by ceasing to import Nichia products. We’re not sure of the validity of the claim, and since the Nichia’s are very hard to get by in China these days, it may actually be the other way around, where Nichia reduced its supply to China.

Either way, it is unfortunate that these emitters have not arrived within promised schedule, and we are sorry for this. We have started looking for new sources and we’ll try to get them ASAP. When I have more information, I’ll provide an update here.

Thanks ChibiM. I had a feeling Fasttech was reading.

Thans for reply Fasttech, that explains it! Im looking forward to a future update on the Nichias.

Patience is a virtue, if you are in a hurry I am sure that they can be bought on ebay or other stores...

You would anyway buy just 3-5-10 pcs at most, I would understand the rush if 100 or 1000 pcs ar needed!!!

No hurry for me… but earlier the better…. that`s all.

+1

Also, when you hear 1 week, then 2 weeks goes by you start getting expectations based on what is said.
But all is good… (waiting patiently)…

As far as our correspondence went, they were trying to get them this week… not last.
so… just pity they didnt arrive yet

I placed an order and received it quickly for a few of the more popular 18650 batteries. I am very satisfied. I made a request that they look into carrying more 18500 Li-Ion batteries and suggested a few of the “better” quality cells on the market. They were very receptive, and followed up with me a few times working with me on my suggestions on the request. I would rate that as Class A Plus customer service. Hopefully this will come to fruition soon!

Who requested this or this?

Please, step forward, I promise it will be quick and painless

I ordered two golden SRK, two more SK68 and a trustfire Z2 on the 23rd of February, the shipment arrived last friday. That’s about the usual time for a parcel coming all the way from China, then being held for a few more days by custom authorities before they finally decide to let it pass.

All of the lights were fine, no scratches or malfunctions. (By the way, I noticed the current batch of Sipik SK68 obviously has completely hollow pills, just to mention it. Those would need an aluminium (or copper) slug pressed in, first, if one wanted to use them with 14500s.)

Ordered Nitecore EA4W on March 7, Shipped March 8, and received March 18. Order tracking worked perfectly and I was able to keep track of when I’d get my order.

I ordered a couple more items yesterday. Let’s see if they come just as fast.

There was just one slight hickup… I think I got some other customers invoice instead of my own. They ordered the same item… so I’m guessing someone in Germany has my invoice packed with their order. Not really a big deal.

Ordered a couple of times from the site already and have had pleasant or better experiences. Surprisingly fast shipment to the west coast of the US. On my last order, one of my items was temporarily out of stock(which should have been listed under item details or on the add page, before adding to cart and completing purchase) and the staff decided to break up the items and ship them according to availability…that’s fine by me but I do think I should have been notified first. Maybe I wanted to change the non stock item(s) or cancel since most multiple item orders are together for a reason.
Prices are MORE than reasonable, and the staff is fast acting and very friendly. Although I’ve used and may continue to use DX in the future, I now check FastTech first for availability and pricing.

Another well pleased customer here

I received 1 shipments from FT today and 2 more are coming tomorrow:

Ordered Shipped Receive/d
02/26/2013 02/28/2013 03/19/2013
03/04/2013 03/07/2013 03/20/2013
03/05/2013 03/07/2013 03/20/2013

I’m still waiting for Royal Mail to deliver my EA4W. :_(

Ordered on the 7th, shipped the next day and arrived in the UK eight days later.

I hope they don’t leave a grey card.

Ordered some 3rd gen AAA eneloops and some Trustfire flame 14500s in two separate orders. I don’t remember the shipping time other than it was faster than Meritline. The prices are unbeatable. Thanks a lot.

That is a good price for 3rd gen AAA eneloops. I just paid the same for a set of 2nd gen from Germany.

Been meaning to post this but haven’t had the time. Yet another thumbs up for FT. Happened to get a defective item among one of my orders and FT went out of their way to accommodate a return that worked for me. Saw some complaints earlier (more than a week ago, haven’t read thru the more recent posts) about shipping, but those seem to be a little unrealistic given the realities of free or near free international shipping. If you aren’t making an emergency time sensitive order they seem to have everything in place to ensure you can comfortably shop with them.

Received a Nitecore EA4 this morning. Only problem is that I ordered the neutral EA4W version. Bit of a pain because it’s for a nephew who is keen on camping, and I thought I would educate him on nice neutral tints.