Fine precision screwdriver set.

Hi Guys I want to Fine precision screwdriver set.

Must be cheap to open phones and glasses etc. The very small screw etc.

I went to ebay and saw T4 T 5 T6 etc what does this mean?

Home deopt makes some nice ones. About 4.99 they are interchangable bits.
Also have a nice set on xmas special for 3.00

They male the interchangable ones in screwdriver and torx versions

T means Torx. T6, T8, and T 10 are the most common for taking apart folding knives.

they are the different sizes. a lot of name brand electronics will use security bits also. helps to know what driver bits you need when buying, unless your just looking for a general set

Looking for a general set nothing too expensive.

I keep buying cr#p and will eventually break down and buy Wera or something suchlike.

If you find something cheap, cheery, and durable let us know.

So cheap and warrantied

Here's one ....... If you don't mind HF .... $4.99 use a coupon or get it on sale.

• Swivel caps for control
  • Hex shape prevents rolling
  • Horizontally ground tips for greater torque
  • Hardened, rust-resistant black oxide shafts
  • Organized case
Includes Phillips: #1-2 x 4-3/4" L, #1-2 x 4-1/8" L, #0 x 3-3/4" L, #0-2 x 3-1/2" L
Hex: (all 3-7/8'' L) 1.5mm, 2mm, 2.5mm
Hex socket (all 3-7/8'' L): 2mm, 3mm, 4mm, 5mm
Slotted: 1.4mm x 3" L, 2mm x 3-1/8" L, 2.4mm x 3-3/4" L, 3mm x 4" L, 3.8mm x 4-1/2" L
Torque bar: 1-1/2" L

I noticed you are from London ..... this might be a problem or $$$ to ship to you.

I’ve had and broken several sets of cheap mini screwdrivers. That wouldn’t have been so bad, except that I also managed to strip a number of screws and otherwise damage the things I was working on. I finally went and got a set of Wiha drivers.

So. Much. Better.

If you’re going to use things like that, just pony up and get the good stuff. Depending on which set, it’s $30-$60. If you can afford to feed your flashlight habit, spend a little on good tools for them.

I use these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/321043243479 - (only ships to Australia)
Stanley mini precision screwdriver set.
Although I did break one, they have better grip than the small metal ones.

I have this one here and it was recomended to me by a friend who has one because of how hard the tips are. I was a bit pissed at stripping my old ones trying to undo hex screws and he told me to try this and he was right.

There is a lot more at the same website but I havent tried any others so I couldn’t recommend them.

We have a Dollar Tree store or simliar store that has them, everything is a dollar in the store but that won’t help you.

Have you tried machine mart?

You can also get the 1/4 hex bit sets, security,common driver etc, just use a hex driver or wratchet driver. Failing that, also usually turns up some usable sets for not much cash.

Searching wise, Bergen is a good quality brand worth searching for, they tend to crop up at steam rallies and the like.

I still can’t tell if my Kerhsaw flippers were torx or allen. Those heads stripped so gosh darn easy. I don’t know how kershaw makes a nice knife with 8cr13mov and then goes all cheap on the screws. ALL I WANT TO DO IS CLEAN THEM! Maybe they are loctited?

They should be Torx. Loctite shouldn’t be a problem. Usually it’s the cheap screwdrivers that strip, not the screws.

That is a nice set. Will pick one up next time at harbor freight. Don’t buy their tire plug kit though. Bought one recently and ended up with a deep gash in my finger and a slit halfway up my arm.

Hi Guys thanks for all your input, keep on recommending some more kits. For now I have bought this kit for £1.

I have a set of these, but more complete

to be frank - they aren’t great. they are not full tang, so you can break them if you put enough pressure on them that isn’t straight down.

but, the tips are much harder than the little cheap sets i’ve gotten at lowes and home depot, though they do eventually wear out.

the nice part is, every time i go in sears I bring a couple and exchange them for new ones…no questions asked.

and never look back. Faboo set that has worked on stuff no others have been able to do as effectively. Superb quality for the bucks. Superb durability. Made in Taiwan means quality these days in tooling btw. This is no exception.

A bargain.

Thank me later. 8)

http://www.frys.com/product/4292254?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Ps. No offense to those touting the HF set for $4.99 but this set is in another ball park and different league altogether. The HF set is neither precision nor hard enough on the Rockwell scale to prevent messing up screws, etc., much less getting enough torque through the handle with enough down-pressure to keep things from getting hinked up.

Thanks for the heads-up. I just picked up a set, and while I haven’t used it in anger, it looks good.