Brighter light without changing the driver!! & Prototype is done!! :) ( picture heavy)

Hi all… i just have one of those “eureka” moment, i had found a way to make my flashlights 2 times brighter(at least) without changing the driver… sound impossible? it is not… it’s one of those thing…” hey why didn’t i think about that” kind of moment
so far i’m only judging it with my eyes ( i’m kinda seeing spots at the moment)
i need to get myself a light meter so i can measure the lux to see if it brighter.
sorry i can’t divulge my secret yet… as i’m too embarrased to show my creation as my lack of skill to create something nice
but i do have things in mind about how to make it perfect… so until then… here’s some shots
using cheap flashlight such as ultrafire C8 , ultrafire 502b judge it for yourself :slight_smile:

ULTRAFIRE 502B before modify

>
AFTER ( actually the device makes all the flashlight more throwy, bigger and brighter hot spot)

ULTRAFIRE C8 before

ULTRAFIRE C8 after

I love it already!!! :open_mouth:

Judging by the difference in the beam pattern I would guess that it is some device that duplicates the effect of a collimator head?

Do tell!

-Garry

Nice! I can't wait to see what you did to focus the light.

Here is a link to the light meter I have. It's a Mastech LX1330B and can be found on Amazon for between $30 & $40.

Very interesting!!!

Sharing is caring. 0:)

Come on tell us, if I had to make a guess you are dedoming them. Of course this is pretty common so I doubt it.

So mayb you removed the glass lense, but this also wouldn't work with the zoomies. So did you subtly reshape the lense to direct more light forward, along with polishing of course?

Wow, fantastic!

thanks… just ordered 1 from amazon.com

You can take a piece of PVC pipe, the same ID as the head of your flashlight, put it over the head and cut it to length to create the desired beam you want. It pretty much eliminates all the spill and makes a perfect hotspot.

that wouldn’t change the intensity of the hot spot……come on man show us. we won’t pick on you.

I don’t see a brighter hotspot in the pics above, I see a more defined hotspot.

no dedoming… i promise you don’t have to do anything to your flashlight…let me finish my prototype today and i’ll share it.
think of it as my christmas gift present to BLF :slight_smile:

sorry… it was taken with point and shoot camera, but it is more brighter in real person( even my wife says so too :slight_smile:
the best way to look at it is, move few feet back from your monitor and compare the spot again… you’ll see the different
( that’s what i did too ) :slight_smile:

Cmon Daylighter, post it up. We don't even need pictures, just post the general idea and I'll race you to make a prototype. ;)

Magnifying glass in front of the light?

i’m pretty sure you’ll make one before me… my lack of skills has always been hampering my bright ideas :wink:
although you guessed it right. since you don’t have to change the driver, the only thing to do is intensify the light through the lens, pushing the light more forward, by using collimator you’ll be able to push the light further BUT not brighter.
the cool thing about this lens is, when you combine the cheapo zommie and this lens… it cancel out the square hot spot that always associated with the zoomie light, instead it gives out a nice and very bright round spot.
i figure my zoomie light is somewhere around 500-700 lumens( typical XML-T6 light)
barely able to reach 100 feet, with this lens not only it’ll reach 100 feet, but it also gives bigger hotspot.
think the beam as triangle coming out from your flashlight.
now that i’m up… i’m gonna go shop for my supplies and i’ll take some pics building it :slight_smile:

I know what it is! :Evil: You are placing a fresnel lense in front of the lense. :D

YES!!! you got it… if it work for the telescope, it can also work for flashlight :slight_smile:
it magnify the light greatly :smiley:

they used this to magnify the lights so it can be harvested to heat the water… to save money instead using gas or heating oil.:smiley:
the light is intensified in the middle to a very bright hotspot, thus it generates heat.
but when you use it in the flashlight application, it create a bright hotspot that we’re always envy of.
makes all the flood light into a long throw light… and makes the throw light into floodier depending on length of the tube :smiley:
watch all the flashlight companies stealing my idea hehe :smiley: