Shadow L1

I just ordered one of ” these”:http://www.fancyflashlights.com/goods.php?id=589 I have a weakness for right angle lights! NW of course!

Very cool looking light, I like the idea for the cell voltage monitor!

I think if Intl-Outdoor gets those in ill pick one up.
NW of course.

Did you receive it already? I have a couple of questions…

• PWM on low modes?
  • parasitic drain on standby?
  • tailcap lockout possible?
  • current on high?
  • switch feeling?

Thanks!

whoa, hadn’t seen that before. Looking forward to hearing about it. If the switch isn’t stiff I’ll probably get one.

Nice :slight_smile:

I would love to hear your opinions of this light.

What purpose is the 90 degrees angled head ?

It can serve as a headlight (think ZebraLight), or a handheld 90 degree flashlight, which can be useful.

You could clip it in your shirt pocket with the light facing forward for hands free illumination.

I received it today and I am pleased with it for the price but it has a few flaws for an angle light.

Pros:
1, No PWM on lower settings. (That I can tell. I have never been sensitive to PWM)
2, Solid heavy well machined light perfect finish.
3, Great UI for me starts on low, keep clicking the switch to cycle through the med and low modes, press and hold for off.Double tap for strobe.
4, Solid switch, easy to reach with my thumb (its on top).
5, Tail cap lockout possible
6, Large spot and spill, kinda floody.
7, Battery charge indication light is only on when the light is on so I cant imagine it would drain the battery when not in use.

Cons:
1, Clip is weak, the placement is poor and it cannot be reversed. It is too far toward the middle of the light causing it to be top heavy. It doesn’t sit well on your belt. It takes very little effort to pop the clip off . SOLUTION !Solar Force clip fits, still in the middle of the light but much more secure!
2, The battery indicator light only lights up half the switch. It doesn’t look like the photo on CN and FF. You can see it but ti looks like it is down in the head on the left side some where.

That’s all I can do right now.

Peace and Flashlight Grease !

This attachment setup Stream-Light uses on this light is IMHO the BEST for these type of lights . So you can see the base for my bias.

Thanks a lot for your response, your cons are not important for me… ordered!

So to turn it on into high mode, it must cycle through low & medium first?

Low —>Med —>Hi

Thanks bikenber73, I appreciate the info.

To manufacturers, from one consumer: I prefer high first, so I will pass on this light.

Thanks for the support!
5pcs which were sent to us were poor quality so we decided not to sell,
mainly dents that are made before the anodizing.

L1 NW received today, nice beam, basin dunk test for 15mins, click mode button all function.

Took out check threads area good, well lubed O-ring, no water ingress BUT

when I screw on the body, some water/air bubbles squish out from the rubber button area.

So, I ran in High for couples mins to heat the head area, could be said its only water resistance.

I imagine that would be the weak point of the seal. I cannot see a way to tighten it up either. Plus my button doesn't fully light up, it just lights up on one side. I still use it quite a bit.

Are the threads anodized?