What you got today

I got the citipower X5 from ebay. great deal for a really good light. threads came unlubed. the dropin did not fit properly. after some silicone grease and removing the big spring from the dropin and adding foil all is good. nice finish and i like the included clip. the dropin say ultrafire and draws over 2 amps on Hi.

Right. Those are the correct answers!

#1 was SKYRAY King NW from CNQG

..and #2 was The Old-Lumens Special!!!

My initial impressions, based on about five minute experience of each of them:

SKYRAY is better than I expected: Build quality seems to be good. Or at least I didn't find any flaws in quick inspection. NW is a bit warmer than in my DRY. BUT read this: my initial measurements say that it would be brighter than my NW DRY (can't believe it - I have to re-confirm this today!)

Ceiling bounce results:
DRY NW on Turbo: ~110 (with 3 x TF Flame unprotected at 4.20V, TC current ~4.5A)
SKYRAY King NW on High: ~120 (With 4 x XTAR 2600 at 4.17V, no idea about the current)

Not sure about the 2-mode switch though: It's nice that it always starts on high, but then again you need to click twice to turn off.

I'll write a real review this weekend when I have more time to play with this beast!

Old-Lumens Special is everything I was dreaming of, and even more: I really like the styling with the black paint, which also enhances the grip very well. Build quality is top notch! The beam is smooth, tint is perfect, and it's bright enough: Ceiling bounce on high gave me about 50 (= almost half of DRY!)

A real handmade gem! I'm so happy to own this!

If anyone is thinking of buying any of these Old-Lumens handmade specials, well, what else could I say than: Highly Recommended!!

=> Describing me as a lucky bastard matches my current feelings very well

DX got the "same" thing yesterday :) It looks very-very interesting.

Not NW, and it's backordered. I have to admit that the DX price would be good though.

I got news today that my cat has hyperthyroidism and the treatment costs $1100 minimum.

Holy crap! I guess it's time to tell the kids that the cat ran away.

Wish I could but she is such a nice cat.

She's one of the lucky ones then. I like that she even has her own personal torch that matches her fur color.

I see she has also good taste in flashlights! DQG Tiny II seems to suit her fine.

I wish her good luck with the treatment! My paypal is ready for donating a bit to help you with that $1100. Please post your paypal address, so the community here at BLF can help.

4 cheapie UF unprotecteds for trying in that Sky Ray King.

Why unprotected?

4 cells in parallel driving 3 emitters (in parallel?) => should be easier for cells than normal 1-cell light.

@_the_ can't wait for a review :D

@edc poor cat, I really love cats and I hope that everything will be fine.

cute, too. I suggest shopping around. I'm lucky, my sister is a vet, and Cornell animal hospital is an hour away. still, I've spent over $6k on vet bills in the last 3 years (though probably only $1k in the ten years before that...).

Very kind and thoughtful of you and really conveys what the fine members of BLF are about.

@EDC, I'd be happy to contribute a little something as well if need be.

wow.. Tell them the new model cat costs 1/5th of that.

JK. Hope your cat comes through ok.

I got these today:

Trustfire UF-T70, an iCharger 106B, and a 4 slot 18650 battery holder from Digi-Key

Just got Klarus P2A from DD.

Nice flashlight but greenish tint

greenish tint??

how much of greenishness?

cant be more greenish than a Quark X

When was this shipped for you? Still waiting for mine.

Let me take and post some comparison pictures.

Ordered Jan 26, tracking number received from DD Feb 15, Left Hongkong Feb 23, Received Mar 08 (Only two weeks from HK to ES. Usually takes 3+ weeks).