What you got today

T-mart daily special. I think I got the c8. It is better than the 502b from the last special. The 502b doesn't want to turn off. Have to click it 4 or 5 times before it will turn off. On Friday, I somehow turn it on in my pant's pocket, it turn so hot I had to pull over from the freeway to check what is going on. I do not want any explosion anywhere near my pant. Anyway, I will take the switch apart to check later. Too many scary stories about explosive batteries.

My amazon lux meter came today. Amazon.com Has that cheap Chinese multimeter feel to it but works great.

i nearly choked on my popsicle when i got it !

Just go to Tmart and search for Green Laser

If you order one and it accepts the $2.50 upgrade for 1st class USPS, that means it is in stock in the US.

nothing as yet. I'm waiting for the postman. Last friday he put a card in my box when I was home!!! and yesterday was a public holiday. I want to have a chat to him lazy so and so....

I ordered from FP, and they didn't ship my order for more than a week.. Then I checked the website and there was a "message" that I found almost by accident.

So I replied to that, and within 6 hours, at 1:30AM I got a reply (thats 1:30AM hong kong time)

So now its time to see how long they take to ship.... But that really surprised me.. Do they really not have orders above $100 that often.. or is it something else? Its a little surprising at this stage, but id like to see what happens.

(and should this be in the FP thread, not this one?)

You'll need to replace that switch. I spent quite a bit of time investigating how to resurrect it, and ended up spending $2 for 5 16mm's at DX.

The mechanism inside is basically like a retractable pen, except these have two (3 pieces) interlocking intersections and thus 2^2 = 4 positions for the switch. In theory the two are on and two are off, but in a crappy one like we got, 3 are on, so you get on-on-on-off instead of on-off-on-off.

Excellent trick! I shall remember that.

I got my C8 from TMart. Nice little light. Threads are a little rough and dry but other than that all the parts fit well and work properly. For a crappy little Q3 that thing throws a tight hot spot. I may not upgrade it to an XM-L, still undecided, it throws as far or farther than a C8 with an XM-L but has very little spill and I like a floody light that also throws. Battery life should be good though...decisions...decisions...

I also got the first order I placed for the magnetic control light from BIC. The other 3 of them I got with another order all worked great but the control on this one is off. When the rotator sleeve clicks into position the light is off. When it is in between indents it is on. I contacted them this morning about it and am awaiting a response as to how they wish to handle it.

Also from BIC I got an Ultrafire holster (#111) for my F15. The Holster is surprisingly well built except it is WAY too big. The description said it was for a C8 and F15 (in addition to several other models) but it is clearly made for a longer 2*18650 battery body. Does anyone know the correct holster for a standard 1*18650 C8 torch?

Got my xtar batteries. I expect more tomorrow but I won't be home.

Take a closer look at the T-Mart C8, mine has a plastic pill and the head is not machined to accept the standard C8 pill, the clicky switch is right out of an X-2000 so there is no chance of upgrading this piece of garbage at all here are some pictures.

Finally got the Ganzo G705 DB "forgot about" (their words, not mine). They did throw in free tracking, which is nice, I guess but I'm not particularly impressed with the knife itself. There's nothing wrong with it in particular but I have plenty of $16 knives that perform and look better. Meh. Color me underwhelmed.

You know what, E? I just read that in the Tmart thread. I’m at work now and I can’t wait to get home and check the pill. I didn’t open it and if you are correct I will contact them and get a refund. Technically it’s not an R4 (not even an Ultrafire iirc) and it’s not remotely what it’s supposed to be technically even though we ordered hoping for a C8 style light.

Thanks ,agenthex

okyeung wrote:

T-mart daily special. I think I got the c8. It is better than the 502b from the last special. The 502b doesn't want to turn off. Have to click it 4 or 5 times before it will turn off. On Friday, I somehow turn it on in my pant's pocket, it turn so hot I had to pull over from the freeway to check what is going on. I do not want any explosion anywhere near my pant. Anyway, I will take the switch apart to check later. Too many scary stories about explosive batteries.

You'll need to replace that switch. I spent quite a bit of time investigating how to resurrect it, and ended up spending $2 for 5 16mm's at DX.

The mechanism inside is basically like a retractable pen, except these have two (3 pieces) interlocking intersections and thus 2^2 = 4 positions for the switch. In theory the two are on and two are off, but in a crappy one like we got, 3 are on, so you get on-on-on-off instead of on-off-on-off.

I will buy those. I still in the process of taking it apart, (2 left thumbs). Thanks for saving me the time and headache.

The postman arrived at my office toady and delivered 3 parcels, I got the Lazerpoint Ultrafire c3 at $5.69, I had given up on this one and was expecting the dodgy UV light as delivered to others so I was pleased, My XTAR 18700 batteries also turned up from the group buy (thanks ledoman) and so did a DX XML Mag light dropin (DX Sku 58481) all ordered at different times and all turning up on the same day.

Anyway I thought since these deliveries are worthy of a mention that I should post and say Hi and say how much I enjoy this forum.

A pair of XTAR 18700 batteries arrived with a nice bonus keychain light. Very nice touch. And the awesome Navy K631 FFG - instant classic. Good catch today.

Welcome clagged!

It's good to have you here. :)

Today I received 4 XM-L T6 leds from LCK-LED.com ( $27,34 total ). I ordered them on 8th June and got now. Really fast shipping.

I got a "sorry we missed you" slip form the postman. I'm sure it's my Xtar 18700 batteries.

I received my Xtars 18700, measured 3.85V each

Welcome to the forum clagged.

Vectrex, where did you get the Navy knife from? I was a bit disappointed with my last, and first, Navy knife. The G10 was pretty rough, I love the blade though. Maybe I will try this one.