Fasttech - interesting new products - Flashlights, chargers, batteries and DIY and knives - please no discussions.

why spend ~30 bucks on Fenix when we have UltraFire M5 with same performac but for only $1.3 :smiley:
Only advantage of Fenix is that it has 3 modes opposed to only one mode on M5

The Fenix costs more so it surely must be better, right? :bigsmile:

Yes, and did you see how many UltraFire models there are, hundreds for sure, Fenix is much smaller company and we should support them :bigsmile:

If it has only one mode and it’s 120lm, I would basically never use it; it’s a dealbreaker for me. I like and want lower modes. My most-often-used mode is ~3 lumens.

The LD01 also has relatively long runtimes, no PWM, nice flat regulated brightness curves, good build quality, hangs pretty straight from a keychain and still tailstands without removing anything. The stainless steel one looks pretty nice, aside from its size and price and unavailability.

The Olight i3S looks nice too (wouldn’t mind a purple one), especially since it has a moon mode, but they must be crazy because they put moon after high (med, high, moon). It also lacks my favorite ~3lm mode. I’d rather have ‘moon, low, med’.

I’ve considered a Klarus MiX6. It’s very pretty, supposedly has a pretty nice beam, and seems like its finish should be durable (especially the titanium one), but I’ve also heard it basically requires a mod to prevent its spring from being permanently crushed, it’s relatively long, its head comes off relatively easily by accident, it’s very hard to use when wet, and it’s easily the most expensive 1xAAA light on my list.

The Preon P0 seems decent, though I’d prefer ‘moon, low, med’ instead of just ‘moon, med’. I’ve also heard some disappointing things about its durability, it seems too floody for me, and the magnet would be annoying.

For keychain use, I think the best I’ve found is the DQG AAA IV. Almost as small as the Preon P0, but sturdier and grippier, has better tints available, glow spot instead of magnet, and includes the low mode I like so much (low, high). If it did ‘moon, low, high’, it’d be just about perfect.

None of the above have PWM. I’m oddly sensitive to that, even at several kilohertz.

I love my Preon P0 because of the flood beam, it’s almost perfect for me but the 3 lumens low is simply too bright to be nice to use at night without disturbing night vision, and too low to be of any practical use.

I’ve had no durability issues at all and I use it almost daily. I really don’t know whether to try finding a Thrunite Ti Firefly with the sub lumen and put a diffuser on it, and put up with that dreadful keyring attache.

AAA Glo-Toob, 17.47 USD (BLF coupon doesn’t work on this):

FT has listed two Gerber knives (genuine? - I don't think so, but the quality should be ok). It looks like the Gerber FAST Draw.

At the moment there are only coupons for flashlights and batteries, not for knives.

There is one version with serrated blade, and grey coating for $11,33. My link - Non aff-link
or the not coated version without any serrations on the blade for $11,34. My link - Non aff-link

Military Tactical Game Multi-purpose Nylon Waterproof Waist Bag with MOLLE system. Available in black or khaki. It's a small one for a camera. I think the dimensions are not correct:
Depth 22 mm (a small zipper has a width of 1cm and the case is bigger as two zippers), Height 135 mm, Width 132 mm, Product Weight 102 g. Price $8,41. My link - non-aff link

In this hard times for us, flashlight-oholics, I requested something to relieve us from stress:
this is what FT offered :smiley:
Stress-Reliever Light Bulb

Btw. there are also some new batteries:
Samsung ICR18650-22P 3.7V 2200mAh 18650 Li-ion Batteries (2-Pack) $10.89 (before BLF)
unprotected, with the case, 10A discharge tops

Then there’s a 3.7V 10W Xenon Bulb (26mm) P60 drop-in $2.35 (before BLF)
(it’s a XR-E Q5 “10W” “Xenon” bulb :Sp )

couple more interesting things, go and snoop for yourself :stuck_out_tongue:

That doesn’t look like any Xenon drop-in of mine, it looks like a LED - there’s no bulb envelope.

it doesn’t look like a bulb
it doesn’t look like a Xenon and
it doesn’t look to be 10W either
but if this drop-in thinks it’s a Xenon bulb then who am I to judge :stuck_out_tongue:

I ordered one.. Why? Empty pill = 2 bucks. This drop-in=2,35$.

That means, a surprise driver circuit for 0,35$ :) (+ useless emitter).

And yes, I added BLF code making it even cheaper. :)

I thought to do the same from same reasons :bigsmile: but what if only the pictures are wrong and I end up getting useless real 10W Xenon bulb!!! guy that packs goods only sees sku numbers not the pictures on website!!!

O.K. I’m convinced.
I bought a couple just to see what comes through the post.

I’ve opened a ticket about these drop-ins, let’s see what they say. :stuck_out_tongue:

A new headband is listed now, which could be a little bit more comfortable (to move the flashlight in the mount) to put in 16340 flashlights or flashlights with a diameter of 23mm or little more: Adjustable Nylon Band for Headlamp: Headlamp holder diameter: 23mm, folding length: 36cm (adjustable). Price $4,91 My link - non-aff link.

Other possibilities are the Ultrafire heaband of the H2B, which fit on some flashlights (the Trustfire Z1 fits, but it's not easy to move the flashlight in the mount) - price: Kaidomain $3,54 or the Nitecore headband for $8,40

LANDIORDS BLM6550 3-LED 3-Mode Bike Safety Tail Light w/ Red Laser for $42.35 after BLF discount

Pretty interesting taillight that makes laser lines along side your bike while riding at night. Looks to run off a 14500 Li-Ion. Might be interesting to you bikers that love sweet gadgets.

Looks like another with the same laser guides but for less and runs on standard AA/NiMH cells. This one even has a handlebar mounted remote control and left & right turn signals.

JSD-1202 6-LED 4-Mode Red Laser Bike Brake Tail Light for $33.86 after BLF discount code.

This funky looking lifepo4s just popped up:

Coolworld AA/14500 3.2V 750mAh (min. 600 mAh) Rechargeable LiFePO4 Batteries (2-Pack)

rate discharge: 1-5C (600-3000mAh) / internal resistance < 100mΩ

AAAs also available.

I don’t have any headbands but 23mm means a Sipik SK-68 won’t fit (narrow part is 21mm, wide part 26.7mm).

I have this, works well. No way would I pay that much for a taillight. Sorry if this is off topic, say the word and I'll delete it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008XF9LCC/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1