short impression: Philips 4W 330lm E27 household bulb, UPDATE with a E14 bulb

I came across this Philips led bulb in my supermarket today and bought it, 15 euro ($19-ish). I think led-bulbs have really grown up now: 330lm at 4W is 82.5lm/W. I do not doubt the specs, it is Philips and there's regulation about that in the Netherlands. This efficiency is what the best flashlights put out but in warm white. I also like the small size and the shape. The light is omniunidirectional, is a nice incandescent tint, has no start-up lag (it is not dimmable). It lights my bathroom now (and for the next 40 years I hope). The output is a bit more than the 11W CFL-bulb it has replaced. I will not have a look at the leds inside, but I suppose -as it is Philips- there will be Luxeon leds in there. Pics:

Is it really unidirectional (like a reflector lamp), or do you mean omnidirectional?
I would like some with E14 socket then.

33mA and 230V is 7.6W which would make it 43.4lm/W :~
Would be interesting to see it’s inside.

Some of the current could be inductive or capacitive (ie. does’nt count in Wattage).
That could explain the 4 W.

sorry, my fault, as you can suspect from the pictures: it is omnidirectional, corrected it

Today I came across this E14 lamp in my supermarket:

It used to be 15 euro, but it was even discounted to 9 euro's (11-ish dollars). A shame really, it is the newest generation but just no-one buys 15 euro bulbs because people are not used to pay that amount of money for a bulb, even if it saves them 10 times the amount over the years.

It lights my kitchen now, and it really looks good inside that lampshade. The first picture shows well how nice the kitchen is lighted (sorry for the dishes), the second and third picture are grossly underexposed (I feel bad for the phone camera) to show how the bulb is looking inside the lampshade:

Quick calculation by head: it replaces a 40W incandescent (sorry, CFL-type bulbs looked ugly inside that shade), so it saves 36W, it is switched on for 3 hours a day, that is 0.1 kWhr/day, 36.5 kWhr/year@0.224 euro/kWhr= about 8 euro saved /yr.

How would you describe the quality/tint of the light they're putting out?

All the Philips bulbs that I have tested have excellent quality light. And their published specs are right on target.

I am used to distinguishing tints and to me it is looks and feels like the light of an oldfashioned incandescent light bulb.

Thanks. Sounds good