Beamshots - TN31mb, TN31, TK75, BTU, SR90, & SRK

I finally got my TN31mb in today. Had to get it out, so we rounded up the big boys and headed for out for our favorite park. We brought the TN31mb, TN31 (stock), SR90 (dedomed), BTU U2, TK75, and the SRK for the heck of it. From our own testing these lights posted -
SR90 (dedomed) - 195K
TN31mb - 436k
TN31 - 126k
SRK - 25k
BTU - 125K
TK75 - 95k
We did all the beamshots at 300m. One shot done at full distance and the other zoomed in a good amount.
Now we tried to get the exposure correct. The zoomed shots are slightly under exposed. But the distance shots are pretty close to what we saw. Maybe just slightly over exposed. We tried, with two cameras, and these were the best of the group. Good for comparisons sakes I think at a minimum. And no the TN31mb isn’t that yellow - Just a neutral beam in person. Not sure why it looked that way in the shot. The rest of the colors looked pretty close to correct.
Oh, and the target is a 12ft x 8ft tarp.
So first for the 300m non zoomed shots -

SR90 (dedomed) -

TN31mb -

TN31 (stock) -

SRK -

BTU -

.u
TK75 -

And now for the zoomed in shots. Again slightly under exposed -

SR90 (dedomed) -

TN31mb -

TN31 (stock) -

SRK -

BTU -

TK75 -

Great shots. Thanks!

Pretty easy to tell the TN31mb @ 436k wins out and the zoom photos prove it.

Best all around : TK75 & SRK , man, what a visual.

Thanks rdrfronty
I love my BTU :wink:

That TN31mb and TK75 are impressive.

It's to bad the TK75 is just out of my budget price range. If it were under $150 it would probably be in my collection. It's the only light that I am dying to get my hands on right now.

They all have their strong points. The TK75 and BTU both have a great combo of throw and flood. The king, as most knows is a great flooder and still gets a fair amount of light down the road. Tn31 and SR90 - awesome throwers. TN31mb - a beastly thrower. OSTS certified it at 409K. He tests them at 9m I believe which is the longest distance he can do by himself. We tested it ourselves tonite at multiple distances from 10m - 25m and got numbers ranging from 436k up to about 460k. It was very difficult to find the sweet spot doing it though. And I think weather conditions were fairly generous since our regular TN31 was posting 133k tonite when it usually does about 126k. So I figure my lowest reading of 436k for the TN31mb should be about right.

Great beam shots of some nice lights. What does mb stand for on the TN31?

The mb itself I’m not sure. But if your not aware, this is the light that OSTS produces. It is a hard driven dedomed XPG2, on a copper pill, and a few other beefed up parts based on Thrunite’s TN31.

I asked the same question too! LOL. It apparently means mega blaster!

MB = More Bucks

Sigh…and they’ll add up to a really “Monster Budget” to own them all! :_(

Fortunately these lights are a combo of my lights and my brothers (manxbuggy1) lights. So two of us buying them helps on eventually getting a pretty nice collection built up.

Great job, thank you! Very illuminating :slight_smile:

Thanks for these, nice job!

Here are a couple of simple shots of the two TN’s I just took with my iphone -

Inside at about 3m -

Outside at about 19m -

Very nice set up of lights that you guys have! Thanks for sharing.

Er…which one is warm yellow and cool white pls? Tks!

I think he switched them on the outside one. In the first one the MB is one the right and in the outside one it is one the left. I think so at least, from what I have read on this light. It looks neutral afterward.

Thanks! I guess your’re right. The MB appears more warm (ie neutral) but also has a tighter beam with a more defined border in its hotspot.

Yes I flipped them I guess. Inside shot has the mb on the right. The outside shot has the mb on the left.
The TN31mb is much more neutral in color than the CW stock TN31