My OSTS TN31MB is here!!!!!! 431 KCD!!! Unboxing photos & beamshots! inside! PIC HEAVY

i just fired it up…. nuts…. i cant even look at the hotspot on a white wall 20 feet away without getting arc eyes from it because its so intense… my cats were chasing it around like a laser pointer too!

the lowest mode is very very nice… its probably around 30 lumens or so…. on high i would say its some where around 650-750 lumens just by eye

a few quick indoor pics

lowest mode

turbo

the pics make the light just a tad bit more yellow looking than real life

I’m glad to see the light does have some spill and a fair amount of lumen output. I’ve been worried about both of those issues. Very cool. Thanks for the photos and please keep them coming.

sure thing! ITS GETTING DARK HERE muhwahwhawhahwa

Was considering one of these, but would prefer to wait longer, pay double and get double (deft x)
I do a bit of SAR in my job so it can be partly a tax write off :stuck_out_tongue:

Even in the photo the intensity of the hotspot is kind of painful to my eyes!

i am going outside later tonight to try and get some beamshots… i really only have my cell phone camera… my digital camera takes blurry photos all the time and is a pos.

but now its dinner/movie time……

will update later :slight_smile:

I was thinking the same thing. Better put your shades on 8)

You really are a light teaser!

Btw : what do the suffixes ‘mb’ stand for?

mb = MEGA BLASTER

ok i just went outside to take a few quick shots… i live in a condo complex in an urban area… so theres a lot of ambient light…. and im using my droids camera phone…

this light has a LOT more spill that i had anticipated on turbo mode! and the hotspot- its like a ball of fire!

60’ to the wall… its the only dark corner where i live lol… have to get to someplace darker for longer distance shots

about 75-80’ to the trees above… the images are a tad underexposed due to all the parking lights

Thanks jmpaul320! Can you take more shots comparing against other throwers? Too bad you don’t have a stock TN31 to match against it.

perhaps tomorrow - its too cold out right now and its time to start mixing some drinks :slight_smile:

i have a varapower turbo 3 i want to compare (approx 225k lux) most of my other throwers were sold to pay for this and the deftx lol

i did a quick ceiling bounce in my kitchen… tn31mb puts out the same amount of lumens as the nitecore ea4w (both on turbo)… by eye that is… i probably should really use my light meter and get ACTUAL readings next time…

Your pics show that moniker is befitting indeed. That intense hotspot is more like ‘MAXA BEAM’ actually! :open_mouth:

what really scares me is that the deftx is more than 2x the intensity

looking forward to seeing this light against a worthy opponent at equal or longer distances.

But the DEFT-X uses an aspheric lens plus a dedomed LED to achieve that.

MOAR beamshots!! Comparisons!!

Nevermind - found this awesome thread

You must mix some great drinks :slight_smile:

I doubt I’m the only one who would love to see more beamshots! I recall seeing another thread about these but didn’t see any there either :frowning:

Mine from yesterday -