Battery; 1XAA (0.9-1.8V)
MODES: 4 (Turbo/High/Mid/Low)
Memory: Yes
Interface: Rear switch (forward)
Tailstand allowed: Yes
Date: March, 2013

Especifications;

Packaging

It includes: 1 spare oring, a lanyard, a battery (low quality), Chinese instructions and Chinese warranty card . The box is in good quality gift and takes the flashlight information written in English.

The flashlight is small and only weighs 31 gr.
It adapts well to a small hand.

Anodized quality is very good, the threads are the best, the flashlight is easily disassembled into pieces.

Unscrew the head allows use in candle mode, the tail design permits this without problems.

Thermal paste under the LED. The transmission of heat to the body is good.

The reflector is rough and its small size is good balance between flood and throw a little.

No disc modes. Reverse switch, with momentary on and memory modes. TURBO (150 lum)-HIGH (80 lum)-MEDIUM (30 lum)-LOW (3 lum)

I can not measure lumens, but high brighter than Nitecore MT1A in turbo, and High (80 lum) brighter than Olight i3 in high (70 lum).

SOME MEASURES

For less than $ 30 is a good flashlight, especially for gift, it is interesting blue and pink as a gift for women, perhaps Give this and buy one in black.

I like:

- Build Quality

- Low Mode (1-2 lumens)

- No disco modes

- Small size

- Can be used as a candle

• Momentary on

I don’t like:

- No clip,

- Flickering on turbo (it’s a serious problem, I hope to fix it)

• Audible noise- mode high, medium and low.

NIce looking light great review ,i realy like the outputs especially the EXTREMELY,output :bigsmile:

Thanks for the review!

Another light I absolutely don't need nor even knew existed until now but suddenly feel the urge to possess.

Just a question: Is it really a reverse clicky? (can't imagine how it can work with a momentary on) And can you elaborate the function of the mode memory? (Ok, ok, two questions)

Cheers,

Huny

Hi.
I may not have explained well, sorry.
The interface is like in the Balder SE-1, but the “Xtar” has the last mode memory.
You can switch momentary, but you can not make Morse signals, because the 2nd press and change the mode.
Press switch halfway and turned momentary, push again and you change modes, when you find the one you need, then press until you hear “click” and then you’ve fixed the mode.
Have I explained something better? :~

Thanks for the review. I had a hard time picturing the size, but the in-hand shot gave a nice perspective.

Thanks for the review!

I got interested in this light when it came out, almost bought it a couple of times, but the forward clicky always turned me off.

I also have one for daily use. And i like blue.

Thanks for the explanation! I was confused because I read "reverse switch".

I actually like a forward clicky because it enables me to have light without making a sound.

thanks for the sweet review! 8)

Some Beams

at 1 meter from a white wall

at 2 meters

to 3.5 meters

Thanks very much for the review! Frontpage’d and Sticky’d.

I can’t help but ask…WHY? This light is extremely large to be a 1xAA, looking more like a compact 1x18650. While I can appreciate the usage of a normal AA battery, I’d expect it to be a lot more compact.

Still, 150 lumens out of an AA is pretty good, second only to Zebralights as far as I am aware.

I wouldn't call it extremely large. In fact you would easily find bigger ones - the Klarus P1A for example is 105 mm long.

Really you think 92.5 mm is long? You think so?
Then for you the only acceptable size aa is the Thrunite T10. Klarus P1a, nitecore MT1A, Rofis ER12, Niteye MSA10, Balder SE-1, …… All are too long.

If this would be available in NW XP-G2, I'd buy it straight away.

I was going to buy one of these but I read somewhere the clicky was hard to push or small/awkward to use. Is there any truth to that?

Also wallbuys apparently no longer carries xtar products, anyone know where to get the best price on one of these?

Hello.
For a boy under 5 years old may be a bit hard, but not a problem for other people. It really is a little (little) harder than others.
I do not know where you can buy it, but I recommend you pay no more than 28$ (a good flashlight for less than 30$, but not a good flashlight over 30$ ).

Got one of these and wanted to address a couple things in this thread (so searchers might know later).

This is not a big light guys. The body with the tailcap removed is just a hair longer than my Xtar 18650s, about 70mm. The head is 20.5mm wide according to xtar. That’s about 1.5mm wider than the aforementioned 18650 cell. This WK50 is considerably smaller than any 18650 light I have - including Roche f12 and Convoy s3.

The button is fine. Its really good actually. I love it. I wish more buttons felt like this one. Maybe they updated it from earlier reviews that complained? We will likely never know…. but don’t view it as a negative or weakness. I think its good to go.

Modes are pretty well spaced and useful. Wish tint was more neutral or warm even, but that’s always the case. A nichia 219 92CRI would really make this a great light.

Build quality is excellent, as has been said. I am glad I picked one up. Might try to grab a couple more, if I can find a sale.

Roche F12 (18650) and Xtar WK50 (AA)

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

hmm… I got 2 of them , in blue and in pink for gifts, weird… mine doesn’t come with any batteries :~