All-Time Favorite Single AA (Alkaline or NiMH) Light

Without a doubt, Thrunite Saber 1A on 14500.

Perfect mode retention and firefly not affected by 14500.

+1, at least for the 4 mode L3 Illuminations L10 with the Nichia 219, mine is used daily.

I don’t have any other AA lights, but the EagleTac D25A is next on my list due to my experience with a D25C and D25C2.

He probably eliminated 14500 compatible lights because he didn’t want to see the SC52/SC52w in most responses.

Yep. And because pitting an akaline or NiMH against a li-ion just isn’t fair in terms of output. It’s a whole other level. Just wanted to see what has stood the test of time as a single AA non lithium EDC for you guys.

Then again, the same can be said about the SC52/SC52w, even if you limit it to NiMH. The output of the SC52 may not live up to the advertised 280 lumens. But it’s still MUCH, MUCH higher than your typical 120-150 lumen 1xAA light.

At the moment my all time favorite single AA light is the Xtar WK50.
Local review: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/17083

Quark QTA with the deep-carry clip and a fully charged eneloop NiMH for me. Simple as that. I’d even carry mine at work if it wasn’t so nice - my work lights tend to get quite beaten around.

On a side note - Xtar WK50’s are nice; I ordered a pink one as a birthday present for an (obviously female) coworker last year. Nice build quality, not overly expensive, and works well. I’m thinking about adding one to my collection now, too (not a pink coloured, though)

My sc52 tested at 245 out the front from Energizer ultimate lithiums. I am told it does very similar on Eneloops as well. Probably about double what most single AA lights put out.

Zebralight H50 Or any of the H5* series. I have a Q5 H50 and it still is my most used light.

If 14500 compatibility is allowed it would have to be my 93mm Ultrafire C3 stainless steel light. It's still competitively bright and I still love it.

I've had both of those for years and won't be parting with either.

I’m with you……. I have a dozen 1xAA lights and for $/lumen these things are pretty darn good.

NiteCore D10 is still my favorite EDC, it usually is running on a Eneloop. I only use a L91 in temp extremes, etc.

#1 - EagleTac D25A Clicky - XP-G2 R4 NW
#2 - ITP A2 EOS - Cree XP-E Q5

So far my favorite is my Nitecore MT1-A. Just recently got it and it fits perfect for an EDC light. I have a Thrunite Saber 1A enroute however and it will fall into EDC as well.

Civictor V1.

Since mine died I really wish someone would make something with its specs again- head twist, single medium output mode, spring, knurled head & body, tailstandable 1xAA.

+1 on the quark AA. What I have is the Quark PRO QPA Gen2 model. Great AA light. Love its moonlight mode.

Second would by Supbeam L10. Simple, small and did I say it has moonlight mode.

Third would be my Spark SG5. Everyone needs a headlight right? And, it has moonlight mode…

What makes the SC51 worth twice the price of the T10?

I have a half dozen single AA’s and the T10 is what is in my “bag” primarily for the firefly mode. The car and table lights have a decent amount of light but if I had to have one, and only one light, the firefly mode would make the deciding factor to me. I figure I will get further walking slower with firefly than I will walking faster then stopping once the batteries run out.

My biggest gripe about the T10 is you have to remember to turn it a quarter turn when you turn it off or it can turn it self on in your pocket. But that’s not unusual for a twisty.

Come on folks, this is BLF……………… Sipik SK68

Right now for a AA light it has to be the 4-mode (firefly) L3 Illumination L10 Nichia 219 with the side clip.

That SC52 sounds most impressive, many modes, and the brightest available output, and its not very expensive, just more then the cheap junk we can buy

I'd have to go with Xeno e03 since that's what pulled me into this hobby. It's a nice light with a bad driver. Unfortunately the price hasn't come down, and it's not available as a host, so I only have one instead of many.