2bbl aspheric/ lathe bore (pics)

Hey guys this has been on hold for a lil while and since I got a lathe I’m working on it again :slight_smile: it’s a 2 lens aspheric build that I got from scaru and here are some pics

Started out with a 5 inch round aluminum pipe

Bored out

U can see how nice it fits together

Bottom lens

Top lens

Side shot

Next is a retainer ring to hold the top section in place, then the handle ect…. Post any comment thanks

Shoulder mount or tripod?

Might go with a shoulder mount first

:smiley:
This. Don’t forget the sling.

wow… does it even will be consider a flashlight? or is it a search light? :smiley:

I’d say a search light, when I first got it I grabbed a XML U2 and tested the bean and u can see it perfect about 1/2 mile

Can't wait to see this thing finished, so what is the plan for the LED and drive current? Nitro certainly is not exaggerating 1/2 a mile with a well driven XM-L is well within the possibilities for this thing.

Well I for got the webpage that u sent me scaru for that led setup that u told me about, where I have to send my board and LED so they can mount it ect…… I think I’m going with them if I don’t change my mind

If not ill be experimenting with all the newer LEDs that are out, and maybe trying few LEDs inside since its so darn huge :slight_smile:

That piece looks strangely familiar, after that thread about your lathe I thought this project might get some traction.

Haha yea, I can’t wait till this is done so I can shine it down the river and across my field

My handle its about 1-1/2 piece that was about 4ft long cut on the lathe

Next is boring it out

Wow. Please up this thread next time you work on this project. Looks very sweet.

I will I just got my wavien collar and few led’s from illumination supply, now finding some good 18650 battery’s and it should be a laser thrower

gonna be bad ass

It sure is, I pointed the beam at my wall and the spot is sooooo tiny :slight_smile:

You have an awful lot of cooling there. So drive it hard.
It will be interesting to see the beam spot, with two lenses. My guess is that the image of the emitter won’t be as clear as with one thick aspheric but the spot will still be small.

I want to see him burn holes in stuff :smiley:

So what happened? The last update from the OP was eight months ago. I would like to see more.

What?… Hey where is the rest of the thread? This starting to get really interesting.

Are you using 26650 batteries? If so there is a tube available that just needs a skim from the inside and is about 32mm OD. It saves heaps of machining time. Love the pics in the OP.