Greetings from Down Under

Greetings, the great and mighty BLF community! :bigsmile:

Been learning so much interesting fun facts and useful knowledge from this forum - really appreciated!

Mainly a AA’s (and some AAA’s) form factor person to-date. In term of energy sources, so far happy with NiMH batteries, but also have been seriously contemplating the expansion to Li-Ion sources!

Looking forward to learn more from you all! :party:

You will have fun!

(Lock your credit card away).

Howdy, welcome aboard and hide your wallet.

Li-ions do require a little more respect on the part of the owner that’s for sure. But they are still very safe and generally speaking as long as you know that you should be careful with them you will never have a problem. The biggest advantage is of course more power in a small package.

This is a great place and ton’s of great people are here and will be more than happy to answer any questions you have. Even if they will argue for hours over which light is better.

Sounds like a great idea! Curious though, did the strategy work for you? :wink:

Thank you for your wise words 18sixfifty, I will keep them in mind, while keep learning more about the Li-Ion cells :wink:

Please enjoy your time here, hhaappii!

Hi and welcome hhaappii. With a name like that you sound like your having fun all the time. Theres some nice lights out there that run on NiMH.

Welcome to the forum. If you stick to nimh you’re missing out on a lot of great lights.

Nope and I was warned too. I started out looking for a C8 I now have about 30 lights. I have bought modded and sold another 20 or so. I’m about $600 in at this point and next month looks like it’s only going to be worse. I’ve been trying to stick to $100 a month.

Actually it’s not my most expensive hobby, not even close and I spend more time enjoying it than the others.

Welcome hhaappii

You'll find lot's of helpful people here at BLF.

There certainly are some nice NiMH lights coming on to the market, especially in the 3 or 4 AA form factors. And of course the smaller single AA and AAA lights have a place too.

But I think you are destined to get a few Li-Ion lights eventually. We'll just see how long it takes.

Cheers

Thank you raccoon city, cool stuff you have there! :open_mouth:

Hi MRsDNF, yes been learning alot about AA’s form factor through the splendid reviews and interesting discussions here!

Yes PyTech, I definitely agree with that. Drooling all over the cool looking XTAR VP1 constantly :stuck_out_tongue:

Really admire your skills to be able to mod’ stuff :smiley:

Thank you for your kind words gadabout. And yeah, I wonder the exact same question myself too!

and may you find happiness! You won’t regret trying Li-ions in the long run.

Hahah, exactly how I imagine it to be! Currently trying to use the weaker dollars (aud) as “excuse” to regulate my desire for the whole new Li-Ion adventure;)

Welcome to the forum , hhaappii .

Do quite a bit of research before you decide what light will best suit your particular needs .

You will need a thower , a flooder , an EDC , a headlamp , a keychain light and at least one flashlight you buy just because it looks really cool . Or several .

Then buy a whole lot more flashlights . If necessary , invent new needs for your flashlights .

Get into modding flashlights when you realize that there are no commercially available lights that are perfect for you .

Keep us posted on your progress .

Welcome and sorry for your wallet lol :slight_smile:

Good choice, buy it and after that feel sorry if the charger not being use.
Hmm… let me make forecast:
Some 18650 with good duration will be good, 18650 with high current draw is necessary, some AA flashlights take 14500 too and become brighter, 10440 for AAA.
Then… oops it’s pity to not using that extra batteries, after that…… the stories continue …. may be up to this stage:

Welcome aboard hhaappii :smiley: